Bullshit and idiocy around the Coronavirus (actions, words, decisions ...)

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Bullshit and idiocy around the Coronavirus (actions, words, decisions ...)

by Janic » 29/07/21, 09:37

guy
I would never have allowed myself the hundredth of what you dared to throw at the cancer patients of forum.
it is often only the response of the shepherd to the shepherdess or a return to the sender. Cancer patients are like all patients victims of the systems on which our societies operate. However, few seek to get out of these systems[*] including at the cost of their lives, unfortunately, as for this covid. The system proposes and imposes a single path, a single solution (it is the choice of no choice) in total disregard of any other alternative, hence the 157.400 cancer patients who lose their lives there after much physical, mental and spiritual suffering. , as well as their entourage.

[*] difficult when there is manipulation by fear, again!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 29/07/21, 09:51

Janic wrote:guy
I would never have allowed myself the hundredth of what you dared to throw at the cancer patients of forum.
it is often only the response of the shepherd to the shepherdess or a return to the sender. Cancer patients are like all patients victims of the systems on which our societies operate. However, few seek to get out of these systems[*] including at the cost of their lives, unfortunately, as for this covid. The system proposes and imposes a single path, a single solution (it is the choice of no choice) in total disregard of any other alternative, hence the 157.400 cancer patients who lose their lives there after much physical, mental and spiritual suffering. , as well as their entourage.

[*] difficult when there is manipulation by fear, again!

Frankly, it's quite a shame to say that. Cancer (life?) Is partly a lottery.

I quote wiki: Scientific studies conclude that only 5 to 10% of cancer cases are attributed solely to genetic factors against 25 to 30% to smoking, 30 to 35% to diets (eg alcoholism, overcooked meats), 15 to 20% to infections, and 10 to 25% to other environmental factors (ionizing radiation, stress, insufficient physical activity, environmental pollution) 4. Current research is struggling to identify risk factors solely linked to an environmental or behavioral factor5. Some studies, for example, highlight certain genetic predispositions of cancer which would only favor the onset of the disease in the event of an external factor: obese diabetics are not all equal in terms of the risk of cancer according to their genes6. Future studies will undoubtedly provide a better understanding of the interaction between the environment and genetics7.

What contempt for these people whose life today, at least a large part of their life, is threatened by a crappy disease, even though their past choices were not "optimal" in relation to this disease. ... without our knowing, anyway, how much their way of life has played. In what context their choices were made.

I find it disgusting. Everyone deserves compassion. Even the 2-pack-a-day smoker for 20 years, when he discovered his lung cancer. Obviously he greatly increased his risk. So what ? Did he really understand the consequences at the time? The point is, now he and his family are in a mess.
Throwing in his face his supposed bad choices, is helping him? Is it helping those around you? It's enlightening people on this forum ? No. What is the point, if not to place you in a moralizing position, of givers of lessons who do better than others? To nothing. It doesn't help anyone.

What are you saying to the family of the young biker who was killed in a mountain bend? "Ah bah, on the other hand, the motorbike is dangerous eh!". My ass, in real life you offer your condolences and support.
What are you saying to the farmer who for years spread very violent products for his cereal production who has permanent pneumonia? "Well my boy, you didn't have to poison the earth!" Well then.
And the carpenter who is missing 3 fingers after a router accident, you tell him that he had only to follow the manufacturer's recommendations to the letter and that he is an asshole?

Short.
2 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/07/21, 10:34

Rajqawee wrote:So what ? Did he really understand the consequences at the time? The point is, now he and his family are in a mess.
Throwing in his face his supposed bad choices, is helping him? Is it helping those around you? It's enlightening people on this forum ? No. What is the point, if not to place you in a moralizing position, of givers of lessons who do better than others? To nothing. It doesn't help anyone.

What are you saying to the family of the young biker who was killed in a mountain bend? "Ah bah, on the other hand, the motorbike is dangerous eh!". My ass, in real life you offer your condolences and support.
What are you saying to the farmer who for years spread very violent products for his cereal production who has permanent pneumonia? "Well my boy, you didn't have to poison the earth!" Well then.
And the carpenter who is missing 3 fingers after a router accident, you tell him that he had only to follow the manufacturer's recommendations to the letter and that he is an asshole?

Short.
Isn't this the speech of the perfect sales representative of conventional medicine “called the firefighters who will extinguish fires”?
Instead of stashing matches so no one can touch them? Wouldn't that be easier? Read the Codex Alimentarius!

It would be well worth watching this video from Prof. Joyeux, eminent oncologist, who tells us exactly what mistakes to make to catch this or that cancer!

And then they make me a trial of intention, it's crazy what I lacked in “compassion” and how much I am “moralizing” eh:

sustainable-consumption / making-your-sourdough-t15487-140.html? hilit = nuts # p442720

I would like to know who declared himself “cancerous" in this forum? (if not a posteriori). We've been talking about these prevention topics for years, I've never seen you would. There is the moral aspect, and also to make it understood that there are kicks in the ass that get lost (which is a bit normal to make the message understood when everything has failed). Do you know what to tell them? What a nurse told me just last week (and it shocked me but she's right).

- “You are alone”!

Facing yourself, facing your choices! The choice to buy well, to eat well, to take good care of oneself. The choice of taking your medication (or not) when the doctor prescribes it. Yes we are all alone, you have to understand it, that's the responsibility ... While you are in the register of accountability, if you see the nuance (then you would rebel on those you suppose they would be lecturing, But that's not it at all)

Coming to cry after the fire, once the house is in ashes, it's a little late for “compassion”, I have all the more for it. those who apply advice and common sense BEFORE they get to the fire ...
So stop accusing, I don't sleep at night : Cheesy:
Last edited by Obamot the 29 / 07 / 21, 11: 01, 1 edited once.
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 29/07/21, 11:00

But .... I don't care. It's not being a conventional medicine salesperson (what does that mean?) To have compassion for people. And then in what to do or not to do prevention matters in the discussion?

That you have contributed your stone to the edifice of prevention, it's very good, eh. But you see, you still pose as a prophet!

"Watch this video, it tells you how to get or not to get that cancer."
"Look, I'm posting messages that improve your health"

How would that allow you to say, in the background "Well you see, I told you!"

What do you gain from telling someone in pain .... that you were right? Above all, without having any certainty in the end. Informed guesses, maybe, but no more.

Note that there is a background in what you say. But it clearly lacks the form. And the fact that the interlocutor opposite does not always put them either, although it does not help, still does not allow not to put them oneself.

Note that I did not quote you, in this case. But obviously I was thinking about this post, in my opinion, unhappy, lacking in compassion. But janic had the same attitude on the subject.

Do you want to continue the analogy of the firefighter who comes to put out the fire?
"Sir, my house is on fire, it must be extinguished !!!"
"Yeah hey, on the other hand, it's built entirely of wood and you have a barbecue inside next to the curtains. You're a little dumb right ?!"
I'm not sure it works like that in real life ...
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/07/21, 11:32

And why couldn't we say: “"Well you see, I told you so!" if it can be useful to others? Damn it is not prophecy!

Rajqawee wrote:But .... I don't care.
says the one who gives lessons of compassion ...

But who would not understand and embrace the eminently human aspect of compassion after the tragedy?
I expressed it my way, but you only see what you want to see. Next ...

You skip the gist of my message which is the distinction between “Responsibility Law”VS“accountability"

If you want to drive the point home, I can too, and that is for the entire healthcare system!

You skip the gist of my message:
- that of the different way in which human feelings can be expressed, care, the transmission of information, etc.
- the one who says out of compassion, because he knows the consequences, explains patiently, with pedagogy, that it would be well to watch the traffic carefully BEFORE crossing the road. And the omission of the other, the one who knows but says nothing.
- the one who suggests that there are the “vultures”, which feed on the victims “who believed that you could get away with junk food for decades with impunity”, Who did nothing and then come to talk to you about“ compassion ”.

I prefer to put people in front of their responsibility, it seems to me a more honest approach. Still can't see the nuance?
Last edited by Obamot the 29 / 07 / 21, 12: 01, 1 edited once.
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 29/07/21, 12:00

Obamot wrote:
Rajqawee wrote:But .... I don't care.
says the one who gives lessons of compassion ...

But who would not understand and embrace the eminently human aspect of compassion after the tragedy?
I expressed it my way, but you only see what you want to see. Next ...

You skip the gist of my message which is the distinction between “Responsibility Law”VS“accountability"

If you want to drive the point home, I can too, and that is for the entire healthcare system!

You skip the gist of my message:
- that of the different way in which human feelings can be expressed, care, the transmission of information, etc.
- the one who says out of compassion, because he knows the consequences, explains patiently, with pedagogy, that it would be well to watch the traffic carefully BEFORE crossing the road. And the omission of the other, the one who knows but says nothing.
- the one who suggests that there are the “vultures”, which feed on the victims “who believed that you could get away with junk food for decades with impunity”, Who did nothing and then come to talk to you about“ compassion ”.

Still can't see the nuance?

Yes. That you will not respect the "malicious", and I will agree with you on this point. Otherwise it is absolute tolerance, which makes no sense. But I haven't (me, eh.) Identified any malicious, vultures feeding on the victims.

Well, we did the tour I think! In addition we are HS.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/07/21, 12:10

Well, it's a trial of intention, and I put the dots on the “i's”
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 29/07/21, 12:20

Janic wrote:................

0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 29/07/21, 12:55

Frankly, it's quite a shame to say that. Cancer (life?) Is partly a lottery.

I quote from wiki: Scientific studies conclude that only 5 to 10% of cancer cases are attributed solely to genetic factors against 25 to 30% to smoking, 30 to 35% to diets (eg alcoholism, overcooked meats), 15 to 20% to infections, and 10 to 25% to other environmental factors (ionizing radiation, stress, insufficient physical activity, environmental pollution) 4. Current research is struggling to identify risk factors uniquely related to un environmental or behavioral factor 5. Some studies, for example, highlight certain genetic predispositions of cancer which would only favor the onset of the disease in the event of an external factor: obese diabetics are not all equal in terms of the risk of cancer according to their genes6. Future studies will undoubtedly provide a better understanding of the interaction between the environment and genetics7.
What contempt for these people whose lives today, at least a large part of their life, are threatened by a crappy disease, even though their past choices were not "optimal" in relation to this disease. ... syears that we know, anyway, how much has played their way of life. In what context their choices were made.
Everything you indicate above is real and therefore relates in large part to individual behaviors that increase or reduce the chances of developing this condition.
An individual who will not smoke, neither alcohol, nor drugs, who does sufficient physical activity, who has a diet only vegetable, and organic, who lives in the countryside far from pollution, etc ... minimizes as much as possible his probabilities of 'to be the victim of unfavorable circumstances in life precisely like these cancers and other so-called diseases of civilizations and that is not a lottery.
I find it disgusting. Everyone deserves compassion. Even the 2-pack-a-day smoker for 20 years, when he discovered his lung cancer. Obviously he greatly increased his risk. So what ? Did he really understand the consequences at the time? The point is, now he and his family are in a mess.
Stop this usual tearful speech to serve as a pretext not to change any of our bad habits. All smokers have known for more than a century the effects induced by their consumption knowing that the probabilities of that happening are high, the smoker does not discover as if he were an innocent victim, as if smoking was not an act " responsible ”(and above all irresponsible) towards himself and his family, and yet he continued until the fateful moment when he was told that the inevitable had happened. And then indeed, he finds himself in a shitty situation!
Bad luck for your speech: I co-facilitated voluntary smoking detox sessions. And in 2 days maximum, their addiction ended without drugs, or patches, or other crap that keeps these people under addiction. Getting people out of the shit that they've got themselves into on purpose, do you call that a judgmental position?
I roll cushy at 80km / h (this is the speed currently imposed) and I see bikers overtaking me like rockets, especially in the bends as on TV. CURRENTLY, I haven't seen any of them cuddle up behind or even in front of me. Accidents can happen to anyone, without exception, but there is a difference between suffering and going out to meet it just for the sake of showing off, for the adrenaline rush. But a life is and remains a life, why waste it!
What are you saying to the farmer who for years spread very violent products for his cereal production who has permanent pneumonia? "Well my boy, you didn't have to poison the earth!"
I would say like the farmer who just won a victory over Monsanto; "the bastards of manufacturers of these poisons, they had not indicated to me precautionary measures ", Like what is being done now"; "
Well then.
I have worked in industry creating or improving machines with many safety systems required by law, to avoid the multitude of previous accidents. And unfortunately workers manage to bypass or bypass them to save time or simply because it is too restrictive.
There too, even with all possible precautions (I am a very handyman) accidents still happen due to inattention or stupid behavior and it happened to me, because I had run a security system and it could have been worse.
Anyway, who wrote:
Personally, I really do two things shown in the video:

-I'm trying to understand the full reasoning, the position exposed, even if it is contrary to what I currently think. Often, we realize that there are few enlightened people, in reality, and rather a lot of people who have well-founded positions with arguments (....)

Are you talking about compassion here? No ! You analyze the situation without involving contradictory feelings that distort reason, the subject of this video and of the book cited! Do the same here BEFORE you talk about compassion misused.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 29/07/21, 13:07

I did this, I did that, I do that, I got involved in this and that, I set up etc. Do you see that your speech may seem to be that of the white knight? If you want, it's a little flaunt of CV, rolling mechanics.

In fact, it's pretty funny. I denounce some of your words, but you defend yourself by saying "no luck for you, because I am such and such a person, so you cannot accuse me of that". Well if. Just because you might be a great, smart, community-helping guy, good looking, strong, and brave, doesn't mean you can't say stupid things. "I'm black, I can't be a racist!"

Yes yes, I maintain that I have tried to understand your reasoning and your position, completely. And that I find there a lack of compassion for those concerned.

Let us agree: nothing prevents us from saying that the biker is playing a dangerous game. That the smoker reduces his chances. We can say it to each other, or even to ourselves. But I find it a lack of empathy to rebalance it to the victims when the terrible consequences come ... even if they are their own tormentor.

I have a question for both of you: When was the last time you changed your mind in a discussion here?
0 x