The role of the media in the acceptance of misinformation by their audience

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/08/22, 11:18

Or the promotion of the placebo effect... the money, the money : Twisted:
On Twitter, many viewers said they were embarrassed to see these practices put forward by a France Television channel, with the scientific backing of Michel Cymes.

https://www.leprogres.fr/societe/2022/0 ... rps-humain

France 2 how do you want people to understand the basics of the scientific approach, and the mistrust against intox, if you advertise this kind of practice?
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The role of the media in the acceptance of misinformation by their audience

by Janic » 03/08/22, 13:08

03/08/22, 11:18
izMENTROP
France 2 how do you want people to understand the basics of the scientific approach, and the mistrust against intox, if you advertise this kind of practice?
AND LE DEBILE, ignorant in addition who wants to be judge, from his deep ignorance of what is the true scientific approach, on indisputable facts.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The role of the media in the acceptance of disinformation by their public

by phil59 » 03/08/22, 20:51

The question might be, if it works, why does it work, but why can't we say it doesn't work?
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/08/22, 00:32

phil59 wrote:The question might be, if it works, why does it work, but why can't we say it doesn't work?
If it works as much as spontaneous healing, it's the placebo effect, no more and no less.
0 x
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 04/08/22, 05:17

Hello,

I would like someone to explain the placebo effect.

My observation on plants and animals:
You take care of this living being to a minimum and they do not seem to develop too much.
If you take care of it with great care, it will be more beautiful, more developed than the previous conditions.
In both cases the basic needs are satisfied but the result is different.

Living beings are much more complex than what we know how to explain today with science.

A similar shift can be observed when hanging around team sports fields with elitist coaches.
The less good feel devalued for lack of attention.
This need for recognition has an impact on the mind.
The mind plays on health but no one is working on the subject.
Always in the same spirit, I invite you to reflect on the action of stress before a conference on your intestinal transit or your bladder....

Going back to the gunshot, I suspect it's related to hormonal activity (that of pleasure in particular).

Mental/hormone/health balance is quite a program for society but not really an emergency for our thinking heads.
1 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/08/22, 07:49

Going back to the gunshot, I suspect it's related to hormonal activity (that of pleasure in particular).
suddenlye fire! The role of "science" is to increase our knowledge from the observation of the existing. Unfortunately or fortunately, this knowledge is so complex that each specialized scientist only addresses a tiny part of it which he ends up believing to be the explanation of a whole (current example with covid and its pseudovaccines) While On the contrary, knowledge should encourage humility because the more we know, the more we discover the immensity of our real ignorance.
The drama is that the more the individual is ignorant in Science and the more he claims to know and judge the knowledge of others, hence this expression, biblical among others, "vanity, vanities, everything is only vanity and pursuit the wind"
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/08/22, 10:32

rpsantina wrote:Going back to the gunshot, I suspect it's related to hormonal activity (that of pleasure in particular).
Yes, it's good for morale and the feeling of pain
This study reveals that the majority of patients treated with radiotherapy consult a healer and report a benefit on subjective treatment tolerance, without objective improvement in tolerance.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1817303220
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 04/08/22, 12:02

I wouldn't be so incisive towards healers...

izentrop wrote:Or the promotion of the placebo effect... the money, the money : Twisted: (...)

On the contrary, with certain healers they can say "Give what you want" or even "keep your money!" (will understand who can...)
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 04/08/22, 12:59

izentrop wrote:
Or the promotion of the placebo effect... the money, the money : Twisted: (...)
and the mental retard who talks his usual bullshit. ALL treatments are accompanied by placebo effect and nocebo effect, since each depends on the belief that such or such therapy will be favorable to them or not. But radiotherapy costs the skin of the ass so ... the money, the money too.
On the contrary, with certain healers they can say "Give what you want" or even "keep your money!" (will understand who can...)
at least two scenarios: either the fire cutter has a stable job and lives on his salary or he, she, has no fixed income and like any practitioner he or she does not live only on love and fresh water.
On the other hand, "official" medicine costs a lot of money, in consultations and treatments, to the community of contributors, with a very high number of failures such as for cardiovascular diseases and cancers (157.000 cancer deaths per year) for 600.000 annual deaths, i.e. one death in four.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/08/22, 15:30

My neighbor is a bonesetter, healer, dowser.. His cabinet is as full as that of an ophthalmologist... I don't know exactly the amount of his consultation... But it's on in the end... It costs the patient as much... As a general practitioner... Except that the patient takes care of 100%
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...