The century-old mystery. How to live longer?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The mystery of the centenarians. How to live older?

by Janic » 21/12/19, 10:26

Because, sorry, but it is definitely not the (only) secret to longevity!
Obviously, but this is one of the main ones. The human machine works like any other (more complex) machine. Our organs, like the parts of a machine, are provided to us by our genetics in more or less good condition depending on heredity. Then these organs to operate need external inputs including food, air whose quality will determine the proper functioning of these organs as for an engine or the fuel as lubrication will determine the proper functioning and the duration of resistance to wear. From where :
Jean-Pierre Coffe did not last very long (78 years) with his "food not shit" ...
Indeed if we feed our internal engine with shit (bad fuel, bad oil) " it's going to work a lot worse now ! »And therefore 78 years old, currently, it's not bad!
Janic wrote:
With Jean-Paul Curtay and the Okinawa regime, we are far (very far) from vegetarianism, even more from veganism.

on the contrary, we are close
Ah well ... do their vegetarians eat seafood, lean meats and sometimes red meat? No.
And vegans, do they eat dairy products and eggs? No more. So yes, we are far from it. Don't displease yourself.

In the end, food is made up of almost 80% plant products.

Do not displease 80% it is much closer than 10 or 20% as far as I know!
Then and I have already expressed it, the lifespan depends on many factors including the surrounding environment and the local culture.
These socio-cultural factors have no bearing on anatomo biology which is adapted or not to food modes opportunistic mostly for survival reasons. Between risking death for insufficient food (especially in the cold season) and consuming unsuitable substitution that allow this survival, the choice is quickly made. Except that culturally, this occasional need turns into a eating habit no longer dependent on these survival conditions.[*]

Finally the food, and all that I have read on the subject so far, it still has a considerable importance, including on our ability to overcome diseases (in the hospital, so it's double trouble !).
It is to take the problem upside down. The role of the food is not essentially curative (even if it actively participates in it) but to avoid these diseases in question before to end up in hospital care or at home.
Or to use the maxim of Hippocrates: " that your food is your medicine"And"primum non nocere turkey curare"

[*] I'm on a book on the ladybugs and where they, for lack of aphids, devour each other like certain anthropophages in humans. Does this justify anthropophagy as a dietary mode of survival?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 21/12/19, 10:47

In the end, food is made up of almost 80% plant products.
Do not displease 80% it is much closer than 10 or 20% as far as I know!

what is the average?
0 x
thibr
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by thibr » 21/12/19, 11:14

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alimentation_humaine
Recommended nutritional intake
Main article: recommended nutritional intake.
Daily servings on the food wheel according to the "421 LPG" rule.

In a balanced diet of an adult who spends 2 kcal / day, the recommended nutritional intake for energy000 is on average, according to ANSES: intake of 8 g of protein per kg of body mass (of which 50% of animal origin and 50% of plant origin), i.e. 12 to 16% of the Total Energy Intake (AET), an intake of lipids of 35 to 40% of the AET (of which 1/3 of animal origin and 2/3 of plant origin) and a carbohydrate intake of 50 to 55% TEA (including 55% complex carbohydrates and 45% simple sugars) 9.

The food ration varies according to age, physical activity, size. The average food ration is distributed qualitatively as follows9:

Man and woman,
Breakfast: 25%,
Lunch: 40%,
Dinner: 35%;
Child, adolescent, pregnant woman, lactating woman, elderly person,
Breakfast: 25%,
Lunch: 35%,
Taste: 10%,
Dinner: 30%.

These recommendations should be used with caution due to the high variability of the data. In addition, a balanced diet can be established over the week rather than over a day10.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/12/19, 11:22

unfortunately these estimates are generally false and therefore essentially cultural. At this level of proposal MacDo would be the ideal reference! : Cheesy: :?
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/12/19, 11:40

Ok with janic ... these numbers don't mean much!

Besides, the majority of humanity is only "entitled" to 1 single meal a day ... (with luck)

Personally I happen to skip quite frequently at midday (or just 1 toast) and I usually eat almost nothing with coffee in the morning ... So how many years do I have left? : Cheesy:
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/12/19, 13:30

Christophe wrote:So how many years do I have left? : Cheesy:

You will bury us all ... and with the bar, moreover! : Mrgreen:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 24/12/19, 13:36

Christophe wrote:Personally I sometimes jump quite frequently for lunch

We are very happy for you! : Mrgreen: Each his favorite hours.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/12/19, 12:26

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Christophe wrote:Personally I sometimes jump quite frequently for lunch

We are very happy for you! : Mrgreen: Each his favorite hours.

Ha ha ha! : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

But this is none of our business!

0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/12/19, 22:08

Janic wrote:. At this level of proposal MacDo would be the ideal reference! : Cheesy: :?
With a little less sugar, a little less fat and more varieties, yes :P
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/12/19, 08:55

izentrop wrote:
Janic wrote:. At this level of proposal MacDo would be the ideal reference! : Cheesy: :?
With a little less sugar, a little less fat and more varieties, yes :P
Although knowing that, you can choose your menu accordingly: no soda or sweet sauce, not too often fries or ice cream ... No worse than other restaurants at higher prices ... And then some students are very happy to find this little job that helps pay for their studies ...

In short, as usual. you hit us with the moldy old cliché : Mrgreen:
0 x