Exposure of fetuses to pollution reduces their IQ

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 21/07/09, 14:58

Monday 20 July 2009

Pregnant women must be wary of pollution. In April 2009, air pollution had been linked to a decrease in the baby's weight at birth. Today, a new American study shows that it would have a negative impact on the development of the brain of fetuses. At the age of 5, children have a lower intelligence quotient (IQ).

Carried out on pregnant women and then on their children, this American study was carried out in two stages by the team of Dr. Frederica Perera, from Columbia University in New York. First, pregnant women living in the polluted neighborhoods of New York were followed. Their surrounding air could be studied using portable analysis devices. Once born, each child was followed by pediatricians until a final test at the age of 5 to calculate their IQ. Result: those whose mother was in a more polluted environment than the others during their gestation obtained results in IQ tests lower by 4 to 5 points.

It should be noted that a difference of 4 or 5 points in an IQ test will not lead to a noticeable difference in the development of the child. He will also be able to read or write. However, these results tend to show that the environment during pregnancy can have an influence on the development of the child's brain.

Source: "Prenatal Airborne Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbon Exposure and Child IQ at Age 5 Years" - Pediatrics, Frederica P. Perera, Published online July 20, 2009

doctissimo news source
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/07/09, 15:12

The important info of this news is: "Aromatic Hydrocarbon" = aromatic hydrocarbon.

It has been known and recognized for years that these are the worst hydrocarbons for health ...

I also read years ago that newborns breastfed had an average IQ higher than others... and probably less health problems at a young age!

There is nothing surprising about this ... it is just in the "nature" of things ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/07/09, 18:40

This study, especially given in the raw and synthetic state is the kind of study that I do not like because of the effect of "the egg and the hen"

Take this practical example:

We are interested in "polluted" neighborhoods.

So, but who lives in polluted neighborhoods?
More sensitive populations of a lower socio-cultural and economic level.
THEREFORE, from the cradle, the children born in these districts live in families with socio-cultural handicap, low level of language, TV programs "flush with the daisies", less competence of the parents, less supervised food, internal tensions due to exiguity. housing, etc ....

No wonder they do not pass the tests as well.

To assert this kind of thing, for example, one should compare the results of equivalent socio-professional categories, such as education professionals. The overly summarized publication of this result does not mean much.

Same thing for the size of the fetus: we must refine the measurement by removing the influence of factors such as smoking and the quality of food, the serenity of the environment, the degree of fatigue of mothers, etc. .

Make no mistake: I do not deny the results of these investigations, I simply invite everyone to be careful: let's not forget that this information was passed on by journalists before being published on this site, or you all know what that I think of some of them. : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/07/09, 18:42

elephant wrote:This study, especially given in the raw and synthetic state is the kind of study that I do not like because of the effect of "the egg and the hen"

In this case, do not read this one: https://www.econologie.com/forums/le-changem ... t7992.html : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/07/09, 18:53

Well if I read it, and it is especially the debate which is full of interest :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/07/09, 21:44

I just eng ... the site www.actu24.be for publishing the same information!
It is certain (there is a steel city in Poland where the rate of miscarriages is 3 to 4 times higher than the average, and we are not talking about allergies, lung diseases, etc.) that pollution has a negative influence on health, IQ, and so on.
But maybe if we really took the trouble to educate the "popular masses" (pueblo trabajador) we would achieve results.
But now, the eminences who govern us need of a people who work without thinking : Evil:
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Pollution Affects IQ of Children in the Uterus

by recyclinage » 21/07/09, 21:46

Pollution Affects IQ of Children in the Uterus

Exposure to pollution affects the intelligence quotient of children during their mother's pregnancy, according to an American study published in the August issue of the journal "Pediatrics".

The study of 249 children for five years living in the neighborhoods of Harlem and the Bronx near New York, shows that PAHs, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, decrease the IQ of children from pregnancy. PAHs are toxic pollutants from the combustion of coal, diesel, gasoline or gas. Children exposed to high levels of PAH (2,26 nanograms / m3) showed an IQ between 4,31 and 4,67 points lower than that of unexposed children. (NLE)

msn news source
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/07/09, 21:50

Recycling: you repeat yourself and you add water to my mill. Have you ever been to the Bronx?
0 x
recyclinage
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by recyclinage » 21/07/09, 22:00

elephant wrote:But now, the eminences who govern us need of a people who work without thinking : Evil:

so i think i wipe

erf still a toupee in the soup, ...

the knitting of school education is proof of this, ...

used a touch of subliminal and we get barbarians then we pass laws under the psychosis of people and when the people wake up your weird youre we are in prison under the open sky

the clever always cheats on weaknesses
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/07/09, 22:09

on this good word, I advise everyone to read a book dating back 5 centuries: "The Prince" by Nicolas Machiavelli

I think it was Voltaire who said "not pretending to give lessons to princes, he gave great lessons to the people"
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "