The dead of pollution

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Re: The dead of pollution

by Christophe » 01/07/20, 10:36

Yes bin this table seems very incomplete ... see oriented?

Where does old age appear?

See my penultimate message ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 01/07/20, 10:58

Christophe wrote:Yes bin this table seems very incomplete ... see oriented?

Where does old age appear?

See my penultimate message ...

I think you confuse "cause of death" (eg cancer) and "risk factor" (eg tobacco) when you talk about malnutrition or junk food.

You do not die of "old age" even if you are 100 years old, you die of a "medical" cause such as cardiac arrest.

An article (with figures) that I found very educational:

https://ourworldindata.org/causes-of-de ... e%20of%205.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/07/20, 12:08

Christophe wrote:
Obamot wrote:The junk food is to be considered as “poisoning” in the criminal sense - I hope that one day justice will be done for the hundreds of millions of dead who are the direct victims - people who trust often blindly in the system.
There are also some extenuating circumstances ...

But it is therefore a pollution in the content of our plates.

Ah ah ah beautiful pirouette ... except that you were not talking about junk food!

What about malnutrition? : Cheesy:

Pirouette but not peanut ... Image

Are you serious? Image
This is the heart of the matter and I have been talking about it for years. I even went on the radio many times on the subject! Don't you remember me? ( : Mrgreen: ) Image
I have made countless posts on the subject here ... We even bickered a bit with Janic (I know how to share things ...) : Lol:

Christophe wrote:Yes bin this table seems very incomplete ... see oriented?
Daco-dac
Click on French and see the numbers and the set, it's not everywhere the same, but it's still interesting indicators!
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortalit%C3%A9_dans_le_monde

Last column there is the year, and before last the very popular mortality rate ... It speaks!

(Diarrheal diseases have for example dropped by almost 1 million deaths in 8 years ... as much to say that the covid p-19 will only be a bad memory soon enough, it is to be hoped ... but c are the head of the list which are the crucible for such pandemics. If we want to tackle them in the future, we must FINALLY tackle this problem by all means (and this will include a very important ecological component)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/09/20, 13:31

New figures and they are not good ... 1: 8 it makes 12.5% ​​of deaths linked to pollution and we are not talking about China, India or Africa ... but Europe ... .from the EU itself!

In the European Union, more than one in eight deaths linked to pollution

In the European Union, 13% of deaths are linked to pollution, according to a report published Tuesday by the European Environment Agency (EEA), for whom the current health crisis is a signal to accelerate an awareness of the relationship between environment and health.

"The emergence of these zoonotic pathogens (as in the case of Covid-19) is linked to environmental degradation and interactions between humans and animals in the food system," says the study, which highlights that Europeans are permanently exposed to environmental risks: air pollution - which, although it has clearly decreased, remains the leading factor in death, noise pollution, and chemical pollution.

In the 27 EU countries and the UK, 630.000 deaths could be attributed directly or indirectly to a polluted environment in 2012 according to the latest figures available, says the report which notes important differences between the West and the is from Europe and according to socio-economic level.

Thus, at the head of the peloton, Romania records nearly one in five deaths linked to pollution while the best students, Sweden and Denmark, deplore one in ten.

Poorer, more exposed
Mainly linked to cancers, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, "these deaths could be avoided by eliminating the environmental risks that are bad for health", underlines the EEA.

“The poorest people are disproportionately exposed to pollution and extreme weather conditions, including heat waves and extreme cold. This has to do with where they live, work and go to school, often in socially disadvantaged areas and neighborhoods on the outskirts of major traffic axes, ”notes the report.

Positive point for the European environment: the quality of the water, "excellent" in more than 85% of cases for bathing water. Regarding drinking water, 74% of groundwater areas have a "good chemical status".

According to the agency, to improve health and the environment in Europe, green spaces must be favored, places of physical activity, relaxation but also social integration, which "refresh cities during heat waves, reduce floods, reduce the noise pollution and support urban biodiversity ".

In addition, parks and gardens have proven to be invaluable for mental health and well-being during the Covid-19 pandemic, underlines the European agency.

Reducing road traffic, reducing meat consumption and removing fossil fuel subsidies are some of the other solutions it offers.

The EU report: https://www.eea.europa.eu/publications/ ... lthy-lives
https://www.eea.europa.eu/publications/ ... nload/file
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 08/09/20, 15:25

Humanity self-regulates its demographic growth ... The more it believes the more it pollutes the more it kills itself ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 08/09/20, 15:58

The idea is interesting but poorly formulated (if I may!): It is not humanity that regulates itself, but it is compensation and rebalancing mechanisms that come into play automatically, in response to actions that are just as involuntary (pollution is not knowingly sought). Many are aware of this and the limits it places, which is why considerable efforts are made to move problems where they no longer bother their perpetrators ...
2 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 20/05/21, 11:17

Macro wrote:Humanity self-regulates its demographic growth ... The more it believes the more it pollutes the more it kills itself ...

It's been a very long time since I think that humans are close to the locust which multiplies and devours its environment without thinking (with too rare exceptions) ...

Around me, fellow engineers (not idiots) are building in-ground swimming pools and heating them with heat pumps, while we talk about the need to save energy ...
They are reluctant to switch to the electric car (when they have the means), because it is too complicated, it does not have the autonomy of a diesel, we cannot search in 5 minutes, .. .

Pleasure and leisure have definitely taken over reason for the vast majority of humanity. We're screwed ! :(

PS: I was finally able to buy my first EV this year, as a main vehicle, thanks to the € 10000 reduction in TM3 SR + this year.
I would have taken smaller, but my partner did not agree! : roll:
Living in the countryside, 40km from my TAF poorly served by train, the car is almost essential.
By 2022, 2023, I hope to equip myself with solar panels for the house and recharge the car ...
1 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/05/21, 13:20

And natural deaths, old age ... wherever they are?
they have disappeared in favor of diseases of all kinds linked to our "modernity", largely aggravated in the ephads by the phenomenal quantity of drugs of all kinds. No wonder their average survival time does not exceed 3 years.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 21/05/21, 18:56

Janic wrote:they have disappeared in favor of diseases of all kinds linked to our "modernity" greatly aggravated ...

Very funny. : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Attachments
espVie.jpg
espVie.jpg (261.43 KiB) Viewed 2591 times
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 21/05/21, 20:35

already seen!
The famous life expectancy has no value in terms of the real lifespan of the oldest. In 1800 the lifespan was not 40 years it is obvious!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré