The dead of pollution

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The dead of pollution

by Exnihiloest » 23/02/20, 19:11

Ahmed wrote:... It is quite likely that if they could judge us according to their criteria, as we do to them, the result would be final.

Affirmation as free as it is ill-advised of those who are cared for when they are sick, of those who eat their fill, of those who do not have to take risks in the face of wild animals, of those who can read and write and profit of an omnipresent culture, of one who does not have to fear that two thirds of his children die at a young age, and who however watered down the life of his ancestors without realizing that it was by seeking to improve their lot and by succeeding in this that man has arrived at what he is himself.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 23/02/20, 19:20

the main problem with an open fireplace is that it draws air from the room and returns it to the outside, so you lose a lot of calories that need to be replaced. It is therefore much less efficient in terms of heating, and therefore more wood must be burned for the same temperature.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/02/20, 19:38

Exnihiloest, you only confirm my point by projecting your criteria, by universalizing them and by denying those of other cultures (not the prehistoric ones which are unknown, but what we know of the remaining ones) and by supposing a continuity (almost a purpose) history ...
The current evolution of societies which have seen the most rapid transformations of "progress" constitutes a kind of life-size sociological experiment and signs the dead end of modernity. I understand very well that one of the ways of supporting the counterpart of material comfort (which I do not deny) is the reflexive glorification of the existing: perfect morbid adaptation that others, still a little alive, translate into pathologies, physical or psychological which are all warning symptoms * and, unfortunately, vain invitations to fight. Still others choose forms of active struggle, with more or less clairvoyance, but any resistance is a victory.

* Which are perceived by psychologists as the disease itself: more symptoms, more disease ... 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/02/20, 19:51

The centenarians of Kyotango did not wait for the rantings of the other foldingo to arrive at this age. : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/02/20, 20:05

Maybe because they weren't aware?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 24/02/20, 13:56

by ABC2019 "23/02/20, 20:20

the main problem with an open fireplace is that it draws air from the room and returns it to the outside, so you lose a lot of calories that need to be replaced. It is therefore much less efficient in terms of heating, and therefore it is necessary to burn more wood for the same temperature.
. Apart from very old installations, poorly made, open fireplaces get their air from ducts that take in air from the outside. like closed hearths which otherwise draw also the air of the room. For the air taken from the room, and it takes it, it renews it because a fully closed room is no longer done if there is a fireplace.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 24/02/20, 14:48

Janic wrote:by ABC2019 "23/02/20, 20:20

the main problem with an open fireplace is that it draws air from the room and returns it to the outside, so you lose a lot of calories that need to be replaced. It is therefore much less efficient in terms of heating, and therefore it is necessary to burn more wood for the same temperature.
. Apart from very old installations, poorly made, open fireplaces get their air from ducts that take in air from the outside. like closed hearths which otherwise draw also the air of the room. For the air taken from the room, and it takes it, it renews it because a fully closed room is no longer done if there is a fireplace.

voui voui and whether there is an opening of several m2 on the room or of some cm2, it does not make a difference on the flow, it is well known ...
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/02/20, 15:14

I had an open fireplace and air intake outside (with system of heated tubes that diffused on the side. First winter: 12 cubic meters with a temperature difficult to regulate.
I bought a high efficiency stove, second winter: 5 cubic meters with an easily regulated temperature.
Since then, it has only decreased since we have winters that are shorter and shorter and milder.
I specify that these two winters were of the same ilk as regards the temperatures. It is final.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 24/02/20, 15:22

GuyGadebois wrote:I had an open fireplace and air intake outside (with system of heated tubes that diffused on the side. First winter: 12 cubic meters with a temperature difficult to regulate.
I bought a high efficiency stove, second winter: 6 cubic meters with an easily regulated temperature.

Absolutely not, I register as false! Janic tells us that an open hearth performs as well as a closed hearth, you're not going to plot with your ladle measurements to challenge this well-known law!
Proof in the Middle Ages there were only open hearths. There you nail it!
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 24/02/20, 15:24

I bow.
0 x