Ticks, method of removing them "under vacuum"

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Ticks, method of removing them "under vacuum"

by the middle » 06/05/11, 09:09

Hello,
Getting bitten by a tick can be dangerous.
This morning I just removed one easily.
I used a large syringe without its metal tip.
In short, the syringe has become a vacuum pump.
I had to vacuum the animal several times, because it was quite well hung.
This system removes the entire body of the animal (often the head remains).
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Ticks

by Cuicui » 06/05/11, 09:53

lejustemilieu wrote:This system removes the entire body of the animal (often the head remains).

Another well-known trick is to spin the tick around. Before the 3rd round, she lets go.
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Ticks

by hic » 06/05/11, 09:56

lejustemilieu wrote:Hello,
Getting bitten by a tick can be dangerous.
This morning I just removed one easily.
I used a large syringe without its metal tip.
In short, the syringe has become a vacuum pump.
I had to vacuum the animal several times, because it was quite well hung.
This system removes the entire body of the animal (often the head remains).

Hi fair

*** Warning!! DO NOT OVERWRITE THE ABDOMEN OF THE Tick ***

*** The tick comes off easily,
if you apply a rotary motion to it ***

*** ONLY pinch the head and rotate it ***

With your thumb and forefinger,
you pinch the skin and the tick simultaneously with your fingertips

Attention !!
we manage not to crush the abdomen of the tick,
we pinch a lot of skin and the head of the tick
with almost no pressure on the abdomen

Lyme disease is a bacterial disease,
which gradually migrates to the central nervous system

Generally If a dark red halo forms around a bite, it is because of a bacterial infection
(beware some reactions are not very visible)

*** do not let it settle down as a precaution !!! ***

Prevention, precautions [edit]
*** http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maladie_de ... A9cautions ***
The measures often proposed are:

wear covering clothes in the forest (pants slipped into socks)
carefully inspect during and after walks or working in the forest
use of tick repellents in risk areas (insect repellent containing 20% ​​- 30% DEET (N, N-diethyl-m-toluamide) to be sprayed on exposed skin and clothing);
in some cases the preventive use of miticide has been proposed, but with the risk of inducing a selection of ticks resistant to these insecticides and of intoxicating children playing on the sites thus treated or animals that will feed there .
the abundance of ticks could be reduced in certain zones (parks and peri-forest gardens ...) by a buffer zone devoid of litter of dead leaves (for example lined with mulch or gravel between the forest edge and the play areas of (children, picnics, etc.) and by measures prohibiting the intrusion of animals such as wild boars or deer (CDC recommendation after Piesman et al 114 and Ginsberg et al. 115).
The US CDC recommends the prescription of a single dose of doxycycline for prophylaxis of Lyme disease in anyone over 8 years old who has been bitten by a nymph or adult of I. scapularis and I. pacificus, if the area is located among those where it is estimated that at least 20% of ticks are infected with Borrelia burgdorferi. If the tick has been attached for 36 hours or more, antibiotic prophylaxis should be administered within 72 hours after removal of the tick116.
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
hedgehog
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hedgehog » 11/03/12, 21:27

the best way to remove ticks is this: we do not crush the abdomen, it is very easy to turn and detach the entire tick.
http://www.crochetotom.com/affiche.php?fic=index
it only has one fault, it's too easy to lose!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/03/12, 21:49

the easiest is ether

with a cloth soaked in ether on it for a minute the tick is asleep and can be removed without resistance

I often used ether when my dogs had ticks ... and even sometimes if I didn't have ether I used a start pilot bomb which is ether too
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/03/12, 19:34

chatelot16 wrote:the simplest is ether

with a cloth soaked in ether on it for a minute the tick is asleep and can be removed without resistance

I often used ether when my dogs had ticks ... and even sometimes if I didn't have ether I used a start pilot bomb which is ether too

One day a lady I know tried on her cat. The effect of the ether is barely devastating when the bottle is open .... the cat has gone completely crazy jumping everywhere and devastating the room in a few seconds. All present were scratched ... and I'm not talking about tattered curtains ..... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/03/12, 20:27

Although effective, the use of ether is disputed because before being anesthetized, the tick would release a certain number of substances, which would tend to increase the load in pathogens of the animal (or man) attacked.
Mechanical removal therefore seems preferable to me since it is simple, rapid and without these possible regurgitations ...

Those who don't want to buy the little crowbar described by Hedgehog can easily make one from copper (or iron, but it is harder to form) wire and following the best practices.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 13/03/12, 13:18

With ether it is not frankly effective ... I have already tried (you must already succeed in getting it) and the falling asleep of the tick is not always obvious, it always comes back to a mechanical action .
Otherwise something that had worked well once, it is an insect repellant / insecticide gel based on DEET precisely, that we usually apply to horses, the loose tick taken immediately
0 x