Psychological Covid: damage, debate, aid and support

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Re: Psychological Covid: damage, debate, help and support

by Christophe » 05/07/21, 16:33

As already said above, the indirect victims of covid will be much more numerous than the direct ...

Covid-19, a cataclysm for our mental health

Despite the vaccination campaign and the lifting of health restrictions, the mental health of the French continues to deteriorate. 13 million people, or one in five French people is affected by a mental disorder. Some companies are proposing arrangements to alleviate the pressure, and even go so far as to give their employees extra days off, but it is the investments in the prevention and detection of disorders that can change the situation in the long term.

This is the other health crisis. The one that is developing in the shadow of the Covid-19 pandemic. Because if the confinements made it possible to limit the spread of the virus and the number of deaths, they had a deleterious effect on the mental health of the French. Even today, despite the lifting of health restrictions, the figures are worrying. According to the fifth edition of the Observatoire-Place de la Santé de la Mutualité française, published on June 24, one in five people is affected by a mental disorder, i.e. 13 million people. 64% of French people say they have already felt a mental disorder or suffering. This rate shows at 75% among those under 35.

"The pandemic has created an emergency," reacts Daniel Havis, deputy vice-president of Mutualité Française. "The question of mental health, of its prevention, of its treatment, has resurfaced with all the more violence and acuity as it was most often relegated", he adds, citing social distancing, the telecommuting or distance learning as isolation factors. In companies, some employees, whose mental health has deteriorated, develop burnouts.
Large companies are adapting

According to prevention expert Astrid Le Fur, this phenomenon has doubled in barely a year and now affects two million people. Managers are particularly affected. "There is an increase in stoppages linked to the exhaustion of employees at work. And this was already true before the Covid-19 crisis", explains the author of the blog Partage Ton Burn Out. "The crisis only accentuates the imbalances that were already present in companies," she adds.

Faced with this worrying situation, which is observed in many countries, some companies have decided to support their employees. The Washington Post reports that PepsiCo, Verizon and Mozilla have decided to increase the number of paid days off for their employees and allow them to adopt more flexible working hours or remote work when they feel the need. . "Employers must understand that the employees who return to the office are not the same as those who left last March," explains Marianne Cooper, a sociologist at Stanford University, to the American newspaper. “Employers can't expect employees to pretend we just haven't experienced a social disaster, which is still unfolding today,” she adds.

The boom of "psytech"

Proof that the deterioration of mental health is becoming a major issue, in the United States, investors invested 1,5 billion in "psytech" in 2020, these companies which use new technologies to meet the needs related to psychiatry and psychology, up from 875 million the previous year, Forbes reports. Likewise, while the country had only two unicorns (companies whose stock market valuation exceeds one billion dollars) related to mental health, it now has seven such as Genoa, Lyra Health or Talkspace. Still, to improve the mental health of populations, especially in France, it is on prevention aimed at improving the well-being and mental health of people that must be bet, believes the French Mutuality.

"On average, 8 to 10 years elapse between the first symptoms and the detection of the disorders. For people with mental disorders, life expectancy is reduced by 16 years for men and 13 years for women, with variations depending on the disorders considered ", explains in its report the federation which brings together most of the mutual health insurance companies. For France to catch up in this area, the French mutual insurance company recommends investing in screening and prevention psychological disorders, to destigmatize mental disorders, to perpetuate the support of consultations with psychologists or to train nurses in advanced practice in psychiatry and mental health.

Marina Fabre @fabre_marina

https://www.novethic.fr/actualite/socia ... 49963.html

Psychological disorders? I do not know !!! Band of enc ... go all ni ... your mothers ... Sal..Bord..l de p ... te !! https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syndrome_ ... a_Tourette : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/07/21, 20:08

Christophe wrote:As already said above, the indirect victims of covid will be much more numerous than the direct ...
I started saying that last year ... and you were tackling me hard : Twisted: : Twisted:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/07/21, 20:15

Evidence? Sources? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

ps: I said "already said above", not that it was me who said it (but I agree) ... Is it so important for your ego?
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 05/07/21, 20:20

Christophe wrote:Covid-19, a cataclysm for our mental health

https://lactualite.com/sante-et-science ... quietudes/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/07/21, 20:22

Yes AD, except that there we were not talking (only) about the sick ... but above all about the social and economic atmosphere ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/07/21, 20:29

ps: I said "already said above", not that it was me who said it (but I agree) ... Is it so important for your ego?
we all have a more or less developed ego as eclectron would say. But above all it is to give back to cesar what belongs to cesar and it is therefore done!
So when I said (or rather repeated since I cannot be the author) that the least vaccine has never proved its effectiveness, it will be verified once again with this covid or another.
and my ego will quiver with pleasure! : Cheesy: : Oops:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/07/21, 23:17

Christophe wrote:Evidence? Sources? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Yes I understand and you would be right to say it, but NO, that's not it, the interesting point is that our minds have joined since I was also talking on August 22, of the “psy” effects affecting "trust"...
sante-pollution-prevention/coronavirus-covid-19-carte-de-l-epidemie-en-temps-reel-t16331-1700.html?hilit=lat%C3%A9raux#p408446
... later, many shrinks in France worried about the mental state of populations ...!

On August 31 I was talking about “Side effects of a“ poorly controlled ”vaccination campaign ... (autoimmune diseases, chronic systemic diseases) all comments on a video very early and corresponding to what we know now!

And finally September 6, where I become more precise sante-pollution-prevention/covid-19-liste-des-vaccins-efficaces-t16510-50.html?hilit=lat%C3%A9raux#p410186
Last edited by Obamot the 05 / 07 / 21, 23: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 05/07/21, 23:17

[*]
Christophe wrote:Yes AD, except that there we were not talking (only) about the sick ... but above all about the social and economic atmosphere ...

Oops ... sorry : roll:

I, myself, am a proof of the neurological symptoms of the "long COVID" :(
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/07/21, 14:31

Through the voice of its editor-in-chief:

The tabloid BILD asks forgiveness ... from the children ...

It going...

Can Macron understand this?
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/08/21, 00:11

Obamot wrote:Dumb guy who has NEVER understood anything:
Side effects of the health crisis on young people

1 x