Psychological Covid: damage, debate, aid and support

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Psychological Covid: damage, debate, help and support

by Janic » 10/11/20, 16:46

It's crazy all the same to reverse the relationship of things like that. Is denouncing the bastards wrong? Did you take lessons from Axel Khan Ahmed?
Denouncing bastards is good, saying that all are bastards is bad (for those who have learned to distinguish good from evil of course!
It was not I who invented their hatred and contempt for other religions ...
if you read the Koran, you will not find this hatred there! I am not a connoisseur of this religion (at the Koran level) but I have read it two or three times, translated into French and if there is violence about wars, like our history books of France where violence was the order of the day, for the rest it is rather an ode to peace, towards all men, Muslims or not.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/11/20, 17:00

Here is a very concrete example of the psychological damage of the Covid crisis: the distortion of the subject and the rotting of the subject ... and that is already disrespect!

Thank you for not expecting so much as an illustration !!

HS

ps: please quote me where I said all Muslims are hateful ... if you can't (and you won't), it's called defamation.

END OF HS
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 10/11/20, 20:14

There are psychological consequences but much less linked to the disease than to the media hype and dictatorial measures to drastically restrict our basic freedoms.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/11/20, 20:39

Yes exi already said above ... the covid crisis includes EVERYTHING ... its aspects ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/11/20, 20:44

ps: please quote me where I said all Muslims are hateful ... if you can't (and you won't), it's called defamation.
I didn't say anything like that either, I just suggested that you make it clear if you're talking about terrorists or pacifists
End of HS
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/20, 19:59

Psychiatry is not psychology?

Coronavirus: psychiatric disorders, a new symptom of the virus?

A fifth of patients who contract the coronavirus develop psychiatric problems within 90 days of infection, according to a study from the University of Oxford.

Anxiety, depression and insomnia are the most common ailments in recovered patients, who are also more vulnerable to dementia, according to British researchers.

"Public opinion has expressed concern about the increased risks of mental illness in coronavirus survivors and our research shows that this concern is justified," said Paul Harrison, professor of psychiatry at Oxford.

According to him, the causes of these diseases must be examined and new treatments identified. "The [health] services must be prepared to treat these patients, especially since these figures are probably underestimated," he added.

The study, published in the journal The Lancet Psychiatry, also reveals that people with psychiatric disorders are 65% more likely to contract COVID-19. Simon Wessely, professor of psychiatry at King's College London, said the findings corroborate findings seen in previous outbreaks.

The medical data of 69 million Americans, 62.000 of whom have contracted the coronavirus, were analyzed as part of the study. The results are likely the same globally, the researchers say.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/11/20, 16:04

very cool! instead of selling drugs to treat people, BP will continue to make its butter with neuroleptics and their families. 8) : roll:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/11/20, 16:11

Christophe wrote:Psychiatry is not psychology?
For academic discourse:
There is a fundamental difference, the psychiatrist has studied medicine, It is “Psychology 2.0” allied to medicine, so he can prescribe drugs on prescription, or even intern one of his patients in a clinic (if he considers it necessary, but not always) propose or give an opinion on the relevance of a curatorship / tutorship etc. He has a lot of “power”.

Something that a psychologist does not have, the training is still not the same ...
Anyone could call themselves a psychologist by studying the subject a bit and open a practice, even you : Mrgreen:

In “OFF” I would say that we have to be very careful with all that, with the DSM, with the premature “qualification” of patients, etc.
It can have consequences, be iatrogenic ...
Last edited by Obamot the 12 / 11 / 20, 16: 17, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/20, 16:14

a) Yes thank you Obamot but I knew this nuance eh ... except that the article speaks of psychiatry in the title while it is more of psychology in the text ... stress anxiety insomnia c ' is more of the order of psycho than psychia ...

Psychiatry intervenes when psychology is insufficient. Here is the real and good definition!

b) I don't know if it's because of this topic but I had my very first Covid dream last night (I remember my dreams pretty much every day ...)

I was in the crowd ... and I forgot my mask (just like most of the other people) ... big panic so I used my clothes as a makeshift mask!

After I was in a deserted college but I still had class! And that pissed me off! : Mrgreen:

Uh is it serious doctor? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

In fact, it surprises me a little that I have not dreamed of covid before!

Go go Obamot please analyze me! : Cheesy:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/11/20, 16:23

The psychologist is not a doctor. The use of the professional title of psychologist is reserved for people who are "holders of a diploma or of a title attesting to fundamental university training".
0 x