Oral hygiene: sonic toothbrushes!

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).

Are you for or against sonic toothbrushes?

The poll expired on 23 / 06 / 15, 20: 28

For (or sometimes for)
50%
Absolutely against
no votes
Without opinion
50%

Total votes: 2
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/12/12, 20:36

Here, me who believed that I made sons without interest!

Basically:
- no it's not dangerous and not aggressive (less than the traditional brush anyway)!
- it is too popular to say that you clean your teeth with ultrasound. It's just the ad hoc frequencies that kill these bacteria that are used. We are constantly exposed to ultrasound without even knowing it, so I don't see where there can be a danger. I found nothing abnormal after three months. No hearing loss, no discomfort or whatever ...
- for artificial teeth, it's more necessary than ever!
- snacking all the time is not only bad for the teeth, but for many other things. You should know that when you eat, it takes two hours for the body to prepare gastric juice. So when you nibble you screw up the mess in the body on the digestion side. After everyone does as they want, but it is not desirable ...
- for the loosening of the teeth, it is precisely when you do not clean your teeth that it happens, right? Nothing prevents you from using a normal brush as well, if you fear this effect! But obviously a "flexible", that will make a "massage" of the gum more (besides the brush has a function, but obviously the effect is different). So yes, I intend to continue using a traditional toothbrush too!
- if the "mouth smells like feet", it is because of the plaque, so it is exactly what it takes to avoid this!
- cherry on the cake, the news have a device for flossing, and an interdental brush. Indispensable amha.
0 x
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 29/12/12, 12:58

Hello,

ultrasonic cleaning has been used for a long time but generally to rid a hard surface of a soft pollutant.
I used it commonly in the laboratory.
But I have two comments:

- Should the mouth be aseptic? if it is true that the mouth is a culture broth, so are our intestines: our cells are less numerous than our bacterial hosts. Bacteria play a role in maintaining the oral balance and I fear that the suppression of the majority of bacteria whose role is to consume the food remains force the user to permanently use this type of cleaning.

- On an erosion plan, I'm waiting for feedback because always in my lab, we machine the parts with ultrasound (by adding silica). It is true that there is no sand in the mouth and that the designers had to choose the right frequencies.

So I'm waiting for your feedback ...

cordially
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/12/12, 15:46

There is a dentist in my family and assistants too ... So your observations are justified and others less! So I'm sending you back what I was just told, but it's a general response... In principle, the dentists I know are fairly unanimous in favor of it. Here's why (and please read to the end).

Your first point
The bacteria are not eliminated.
Because they come from various sources:
- regurgitation from the stomach (significant effect during the night cycle since during the day cycle there is in principle more salivation ...)
- recolonization from the respiratory system to the sinus;
- recolonization from the tongue and adjacent tissues;
- migration with certain foods themselves (notably meat and dairy products);
In short, there is no lack of "sources" of bacteria!

Some of these bacteria, with what passes through the mouth and the presence of water in saliva and all that these bacteria make of them, lead them to manufacture limestone which is deposited in a favorable area: on the surface of the teeth ( birth / presence of biofilm). The purpose of brushing your teeth (regardless of the system used) is to limit / prevent its excessive development and fixation (lime is dental plaque, which in turn will allow other bacteria to eat our teeth ... it's decay)

So the question is well approached, but possibly from an ill-posed angle. We are far from suppressing the majority of bacteria (there is therefore no fear of having this side there) we suppress a very small part of it, locally where we do not want them to proliferate.

Let's see the reasoning in detail: if it is not desirable to kill useful bacteria, what about those considered harmful? For digestion, with this tool we only restore the balance so that the saliva can maintain it. A bit as if on a battlefield, arms were given to the weaker belligerent! So, if the reasoning is correct: the answer becomes more obvious ... Because from one individual to another, we are very unequal when it comes to the takeover of "harmful"(VS the"good") in terms of oral hygiene! Some salivate abundantly and have few problems with cavities and plaque, since in principle asepsis is also its role (more powerful in that of women, but they would have more cavities than men, by a different composition of saliva, and also due to their hormones not necessarily favorable to fight against plaque ...>).
It is for example rare that a caries develops in the lingual zone by the fact that the saliva is more abundant there ... While the external face less exposed is more sensitive there!

So indeed, as soon as the treatment was carried out, we just restored what should have been the role of saliva, the beneficial effect of which then takes over for a few hours (reason why it is recommended to wash your teeth 3x a day, because afterwards, the waltz starts again ...). Because if at the time of cleaning the result seems radical and total comfort, when it comes to checking it, you can still see the difference immediately after sleep in the morning!

There I guarantee you that after the comfort of the day before "an invisible hand" will guide you again to your sonic brush to find the comfort of the day before! : Cheesy:

Finally, we have never seen the phenomenon that you fear, in those who have so far had impeccable oral hygiene WITHOUT ultrasonic brush, therefore we do not see why this would change, given the little impact in the area concerned .

Your second point
- In this case, there is neither sand, nor possibly projection by pressure with force. Only ultrasound is used via ad hoc vibrations (two frequencies to choose from) it is calculated not to do more than what is required! It hardly causes a slight tickling on the gum ... While the enamel is extremely hard.
- as an example (and I think it is convincing) a dentist can remove your dental plaque saturated with bacteria in 1 half hour with an ultrasound tool adapted and very locally concentrated. This process (used in the dental office) does not attack the enamel but only and exclusively the dental plaque.
- None of that with this brush which does a very gentle job because it is done BEFORE the dental plaque problem itself, it only skims the biofilm which will fall by itself for lack of "fighters "... It is compared to the eddies left by an altitude torrent loaded with oxygen and beneficial ions and which will give the water its well-known purity. Moreover, before the arrival of these brushes, some dentists already recommended washing your teeth once a week with a solution containing very little hydrogen peroxide, with a tip of bicarbonate added! The problem is, bicarbonate is not so recommended by our chemist! So the problem is finally solved!
- we notice it immediately when we rinse our mouths, it's crazy to see what we reject !! And it has no taste.
I also recommend using a Listerine mouthwash, there is a new one that has a neutral taste. Again, although it is claimed that it kills more than 95% of bacteria, they reappear in the mouth in an "unfavorable balance" after a certain lapse of time whether we like it or not (and which will depend on a person to the other). Some dentists pronounce alternating methods: one day water added to bicarbonate (proportion to ask, make blunders) another day of listerine, then the next treatment with Corsodyl, Janic uses sea salt, d 'still others of clay or what do I know. So yes, alternating is not a bad idea.
- to conclude on this point, they have already been available for several years, to date the trend is clearly in favor of its beneficial effect. Without known contraindication.

Additional point: digestion
To understand how digestion works, it would be good to distinguish that it is essentially of two types:
- by fermentation (in healthy subjects);
- by putrefaction (in stressed, unbalanced or sick subjects);
By adjusting your food bowl, we will have a much greater beneficial effect in terms of "good" bacteria than what this question of supposed harmfulness suggests. This is the real challenge in terms of digestion!

Moreover, we can easily restore the normal cycle by fermentation, after a more or less prolonged fast. And in this case, it is advisable to drink 2 liters of chamomile which will take care of the asepsis of the entire digestive system, before putting everything "flat". Then we adopt a fruit-eating diet for about a week (action / introduction of exogenous enzymes), then we introduce vegetables little by little. So if there is no contraindication at this point, there should be none elsewhere.

Additional point: the psychological approach
It is undoubtedly on this ground that there would be the most things to say ... Regarding both the "food bowl", the type of tooth cleaning technique, its regularity in application , metabolic functioning itself ...

So the real issues are not necessarily those that we expect, but this last point already passes in front of all the other amha: have positive thoughts because you have known how to organize and organize your life accordingly and therefore be happy in your life ! Blossoming, and the small well-being that brings you a high-level oral hygiene is something that everyone would do well to agree in this world not always rosy. Already because it is essential, but also because afterwards. the feeling is real and extremely stimulating.

After use, the different advantages of this brush are:

- in the fact that it is not aggressive, I confirm. It is certainly less so than the "medium" brushes, experience made with sensitive gums. (I'm not generalizing, there must probably be some people for whom this would not suit, but it must be counted in "per thousand", because those for whom it would not be suitable, would not already support a conventional brush, for sure ...) If it baffles in one place, it is either that we have a cavity, or that there was a need to "clean" because that caused a local sensitivity ... So it is enough to don't push too hard or change frequencies (that's what I did) and the "normal" situation recovers quite quickly. The feeling of cleanliness is magical, there is never again a feeling of sticky teeth "after".

- its efficiency is extraordinary (especially if we are going to clean in the interdental space, for those who have ad-hoc accessories ...). Indeed, it is the only system known to date, which will kill the bacteria present in the biofilm, inside the dental plaque itself which will disappear (and responsible for it and therefore cavities). Otherwise, there is the conventional brush with all the limitations that we know (for those who have never managed to use it properly). Otherwise in addition, it is obviously better, after a period of use, to start using interdental thread regularly, we will also see an amazing improvement in comfort in the mouth. You can also recycle a brush by tinkering with a fork and then you can also use dental floss in it, with a model that was not provided for this purpose. I would tutor one of these four, if I have time.

- Thus the "encouragement" to use it appears from the first time.

- For artificial teeth, it would be better to put in a dental hygiene as far as possible before putting it ... So if we already have it, it depends on the co-lateral damage of a lack of prior hygiene. In this case it is more than ever justified, especially if we plan to put implants, take the front fold. Because if we are not inclined to get there, we might as well not put it on and find another alternative if possible ...

Conclusion for everything else: If you already have dental problems: the best is to consult! This brush can do nothing if a cavity has already started. Likewise if there is damage to the bone, colonization by implants or of the tooth itself from the neck and between the gum of the tooth all these cases are therefore to be considered as serious, even when using this U-sonic brush ... Because we could have either an inflammation of the periodontium, that is to say the supporting tissues of the dental organ: the gum, the cementum, the alveolo-dental ligament and the bone alveolar, or problems of a diverse nature. The problem is that some of these concerns are not painful at first, and so it progresses insidiously. So yes this brush does not solve all dental problems, but already does the job for which it is dedicated, for the rest it would be better to consult every six months ...
0 x
moulino51
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by moulino51 » 29/12/12, 17:33

How much do you owe you for the consultation? : Cheesy:

Not too expensive huh? because I haven't read everything :P

GS
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/12/12, 18:08

Become your own doctor, so you will need to consult less? ^^

And the questions from Cortejuan and Gégyx deserved to go into "detail"! All the more so since I had no answer to all their questions. I had to ... consult;)
0 x