Variant omicron is the end of the pandemic biologically speaking?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Omicron variant is the end of the pandemic biologically speaking?

by Rajqawee » 10/01/22, 09:52

In fact, for some time now, I have preferred to try to look at the situation (we still have two years of data!) Rather than looking only at studies. I would also like to point out ahead of my remarks that if we take the time to look at the various indicators (cases, hospitalizations, reaction and death), this seems to broadly base the studies, in terms of the protection of severe forms.

Why not just rely on studies? Well because I think they oversimplify reality. Not on purpose (although, sometimes ...), but quite simply because a dynamic epidemic, with its social, environmental, seasonal and cultural dimension, cannot be modeled in the lab, nor even compared on a few indicators. It's too complex.

That's kind of what you say with fake passes: in real life, the supposed effects of such and such a decision can be severely tested.
Moreover, this is also partly the meaning of Mr. Perrod's words (I believe ... izy's posts on twitter), when he says "is the slightest virulence due to a characteristic of the virus , or to a form of immunity of the population: it is not easy to distinguish.

In short, therefore, it is very difficult to theorize the epidemic dynamics. So one way to operate at this point (aka, understanding what's going on and what we're doing), is just to look at the outcome. Does what we do, it work? Does what we manage to produce in real life (logistically speaking, socially speaking etc) work?

If we are talking about vaccination:

-Has vaccination limited the spread of the epidemic? Apparently not. For the past year, there has been no / little difference in contagion in populations highly vaccinated against those not very vaccinated, especially with Omicron recently.
- does vaccination limit deaths: it seems so. The delta wave showed a fairly strong correlation between the% vaccination and the low lethality of the virus. For omicron, it turns for the same.
-Does vaccination limit hospitalization: Last I heard, for the elderly (60+), it would seem good. For other populations, it is not very obvious.
1 x
mother
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mother » 10/01/22, 11:14

hello, I admit that we have deviated a bit from the subject. Yes, but studies are the only things that exist to compare a large enough panel of people. France and Europe in general are an aging population. I admit not studying the virus because I'm not a doctor, but ultimately just making it a guess as to what may be biologically possible Vaccination is a choice after all, but we have been doing it since childhood I do not see what bothers ; it is surely because of the policy. The power in place is not the worst nor the best (I do not carry it in my heart and there are not many choices) but what will have done the others that I Not going to list? Not being in a dictatorship is a luxury even if we have a high number of frauds (François de Rugy, Marine the European pen, Fillon fictitious job), he promised less business of this type. It's also true that the media are on their side, you have to dig before you come across bad news to them. subjects and not only on France television, all journalists are politicized or at least are a little obliged. Transparency is bad in France.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/01/22, 11:18

- does vaccination limit deaths: it seems so. The delta wave showed a fairly strong correlation between the% vaccination and the low lethality of the virus. For omicron, it turns for the same.
-Does vaccination limit hospitalization: Last I heard, for the elderly (60+), it would seem good. For other populations, it is not very obvious.
Insofar as the official studies are pipautées, statistically erroneous, one cannot say or even suppose that these pseudo-vaccinations limit the deaths, therefore; nor that the elderly limit hospitalizations; it is even a simple matter of common sense. : Arrowd: : Arrowd: : Arrowd:
anaya »10/01/22, 12:14
Vaccination is a choice after all, but we have been doing it since childhood I don't see what bothers;
since when is an obligation a choice?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
mother
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mother » 10/01/22, 11:30

I don't believe they should have let people free because the people who have lost family members will turn against the state. In short, it's the worst thing ever heard no interest in tampering with the studies. It's true that the coup vaccinates you is a little too much but I think that if it would not have done that people would complain. You can take everything any way you want, but the sources if you don't ever show me I believe it. A crime against humanity must be prevented. If some scientists and doctors do not agree then this are conspirators or they think the vaccine has yet to progress.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/01/22, 11:34

anaya wrote:this article https://positivr.fr/covid-19-cette-etud ... e-dose/.21% of Scots are vaccinated and according to this study this will prevent serious forms at 85% for Pfizer and 94% for Moderna. Any vaccine combined, people over 80 see their risk of hospitalization drop by 81%. Israelis of all ages have an 85% reduction 2 to 4 weeks after injections. https://positivr.fr/bonne-nouvelle-le-v ... concluant/ Pfizer will even release a vaccine that is 90% effective.
Data prior to Omicron.
At the moment there is still very little data on severe cases with Omicron, except that it causes 3 to 5 times less severe cases than delta.
The current severe cases are rather due to delta.
1 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 10/01/22, 11:40

anaya wrote:I don't believe they should have let people free because the people who have lost family members will turn against the state. In short, it's the worst thing ever to hear no interest in tampering with studies.

No interest ? Super care bears then. It's not as if, again, reality hasn't shown many fraudulent studies, for financial or political purposes. This does not mean that they all are, nor that there is a big trend in the data that we find. But this is not the absolute truth.
anaya wrote:It is true that the blow vaccinates you it is a little too much but I think that if it would not have done that people would complain. You can take everything in the sense that you want, but the sources if you m I don't ever believe it. A crime against humanity must be prevented.

I lost you, I don't understand this part.
If some scientists and doctors disagree then they are conspirators or they think the vaccine has yet to progress.

So if doctors don't agree (with what?), They're automatically conspirators? That leaves what room for debate or interpretation?
1 x
mother
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mother » 10/01/22, 12:49

Law of the unicorn
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/01/22, 13:03

anaya »10/01/22, 12:30
I don't believe they should have let people free because the people who have lost family members will turn against the state.
weird as a reflection! The State is only responsible for 'what it obliges, which is why it (mac round) does not want to make it obligatory!
In short, it's the worst thing ever to hear no interest in tampering with studies.
the traffic, is not recent and not only for this subject. First, find out who benefits from the crime, so who benefits from what? (See all the health scandals that could not be hidden)
A crime against humanity must be prevented.
of course but who is the criminal? The one who can become a non-consenting victim (in general crimes do without consent!) Or the one who commits theft to gain interest?
If some scientists and doctors disagree then they are conspirators
and crack, the conspiratorial term used in the wrong way to avoid thinking, to think for oneself, just to be reassured of not being wrong! Hence its use for anything and everything!

A theory conspiracy is a type of discourse that describes an event as resulting essentially from the action planned and concealed of a group, different from the apparent actors, by rejecting the process of historical investigation (multicausal and open to hypotheses) in favor of an approach seeing everywhere the signs of the intervention and the power of this main group, including in the fact that the evidence is lacking (this would be the proof of the concealing power of the plotters). The neologisms conspiracy, conspiracy, or conjurationism, are equivalent terms.
or they think the vaccine has yet to progress.
if this was the case we would have realized it since we vaccinated in most countries under the influence of BP. : roll:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/01/22, 18:55

Another proof that the vaccine works on omicron (Miami in the USA)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/01/22, 19:11

He warns that omicron is not as "soft" as advertised?

Even in pediatrics
1 x