natural antibiotic you say?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 20/02/13, 13:07

Active ingredients and properties

Several epidemiological and clinical studies associate a regular consumption of fruits with husks and oleaginous with various health benefits such as a hypocholesterolemic effect2, a reduction of the risk of cardiovascular diseases3 and of the type of diabetes 24, a reduction of the risk of gallstones5 and ablation of the gallbladder6, and a decreased risk of colon cancer in women7. The amount of nuts and oleaginous fruits to achieve these benefits usually equates to about five one-ounce servings (30 g) per week.

Several clinical studies8-11 have demonstrated effects of almond consumption on the decrease of blood cholesterol concentration, especially on LDL cholesterol ("bad" cholesterol). According to epidemiological data, 12, a daily consumption of 30 g of nuts could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by 45%, when these foods replace foods rich in saturated fats. These benefits could be attributable to the high content of nuts and oleaginous fruits in various components recognized for their cholesterol lowering action such as phytosterols, monounsaturated fatty acids, vegetable proteins and soluble fibers.

Phytosterols. Almonds have a high content of phytosterols. Indeed, 30 g almonds (about 25 almonds) contain 34 mg of these compounds13. Phytosterols are constituents with a structure very similar to cholesterol found in products of animal origin. This similarity allows phytosterols to compete with cholesterol in the intestine and, consequently, to reduce its absorption. In addition, a meta-analysis of 41 clinical trials demonstrated that taking 2 g / day of phytosterols reduced 10% LDL cholesterol levels and that this reduction could reach 20% as part of a low-fat diet. saturated and cholesterol14. This amount of 2 g / day is virtually impossible to achieve by food alone, and Health Canada does not currently allow the marketing of phytosterol-fortified foods. However, phytosterols found naturally in foods remain interesting in terms of cardiovascular health.

Nutritional value of almonds: Beware of salt and fat
Several types of almonds are available on the market and differ in their respective nutritional values. For example, oil-roasted almonds are richer in fat than dry-roasted or dried almonds. These are therefore preferred. Salted almonds also contain nearly 70 times more sodium than unsalted almonds, hence the importance of consulting the list of ingredients. A healthy and delicious solution is to obtain unbleached raw almonds and roast them in the oven at 175 ° C (350 ° F) for 10 minutes.

Unsaturated fatty acids. More than half of the lipids in the kernel are monounsaturated fats, especially oleic acid, which is also found in olive and canola oil. A study conducted with more than 80 000 women followed for a period of 14 years revealed that the consumption of monounsaturated fatty acids was related to a decreased risk of cardiovascular disease15. In addition, a meta-analysis of 27 clinical trials published between 1970 and 1991 illustrates an increase in HDL cholesterol ("good" cholesterol) when carbohydrates are partially replaced by monounsaturated fats in 16 diet, while this substitution does not change the LDL cholesterol level.

Fibers. The almond contains a large proportion of fibers of which 80% are insoluble and 20% are soluble. Fiber helps to normalize intestinal transit and more quickly results in a satiating effect17. Several studies have shown that a diet high in fiber is associated with a lower risk of colon cancer18-20. Despite the fact that the preventive effect has been demonstrated, the role of fiber in the treatment of cancer remains controversial21,22. In addition, soluble fiber promotes faecal excretion of cholesterol, resulting in a reduction in blood cholesterol level23,24. A diet high in soluble fiber can also help normalize blood glucose and insulin levels, which can help treat cardiovascular disease and 225-type diabetes.

Vegetable proteins. Almonds are rich in protein. These are of good quality, but incomplete compared to animal proteins. Indeed, vegetable proteins differ from animal proteins in their amino acid composition. They usually have a higher content of arginine, but lower in lysine, an amino acid considered essential to the body. A study in animals has shown that arginine has a cardioprotective effect by decreasing blood cholesterol level26.

Antioxidants. Almonds have a high content of antioxidants, compounds that reduce the damage caused by free radicals in the body. These are very reactive molecules that would be involved in the development of cardiovascular diseases, certain cancers and other diseases related to aging. Among them, vitamin E8 (also called "alpha-tocopherol"), a powerful antioxidant, would have protective effects against cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, hypertension and cognitive decline27. Squalens, precursors of phytosterols, are also found in almonds. Several studies indicate that these compounds would have antioxidant and anticarcinogenic effects by preventing tumor growth and by inactivating many 28 carcinogens. Finally, the skin of almonds contains phenolic compounds which, according to an in vitro study29, have anti-inflammatory and anticarcinogenic properties. However, additional studies will have to be done before concluding their effects on humans.

The Portfolio Diet

Recently, a new nutritional approach has been proposed to reduce blood cholesterol: the Portfolio Diet. This diet combines four food components known for their beneficial effects on total cholesterol: soluble fiber (oats, eggplant, combo), soy protein, phytosterols (enriched margarine) and almonds. The researchers studied the effect of this diet in 34 subjects with high blood cholesterol levels. Adherence to this diet over a four-week period resulted in a decrease in LDL ("bad") cholesterol levels of approximately 30%, compared to 8,5% for the low-fat control diet, without affecting HDL cholesterol ("good" cholesterol) or triglycerides30. In addition, the Portfolio diet has lowered blood cholesterol levels similarly to a drug designed for this purpose (statin). The four components of this diet have complementary mechanisms, each acting in a different way, which has a complementary effect on the reduction of LDL cholesterol.
Other properties

Is the almond antioxidant?

Highly: The kernel has a TAC of 1 603 μmol / serving of 36 g.

Is the kernel acidifying?

Data not available.

Does the kernel have a high glycemic load?

Data not available.
Most important nutrients

See the meaning of the nutrient source classification symbols

Excellent source Magnesium. Almond and natural almond butter are excellent sources of magnesium for women and good sources for humans, their needs being different. Magnesium is involved in bone development, protein building, enzymatic actions, muscle contraction, dental health and immune system function. It also plays a role in the metabolism of energy and in the transmission of nerve impulses.

Excellent source Manganese. Almond and natural almond butter are excellent sources of manganese. Manganese acts as a cofactor for several enzymes that facilitate a dozen different metabolic processes. He also participates in the prevention of damage caused by free radicals.

Excellent source Copper. Almond is an excellent source of copper. As a constituent of many enzymes, copper is necessary for the formation of hemoglobin and collagen (a protein used for tissue structure and repair) in the body. Several copper-containing enzymes also contribute to the body's defense against free radicals.

Excellent source Vitamin B2. The almond is an excellent source of vitamin B2 for the woman and a good source for the man, their needs being different. Almond butter is a good source of vitamin B2 for women and a source for men. Vitamin B2 is also known as riboflavin. Like vitamin B1, it plays a role in the energy metabolism of all cells. In addition, it contributes to the growth and repair of tissues, the production of hormones and the formation of red blood cells.

Excellent source Vitamin E. Almond is an excellent source of vitamin E. Major antioxidant, this vitamin protects the membrane that surrounds the body's cells, especially red blood cells and white blood cells (immune system cells).

Good source Phosphorus. The almond is a good source of phosphorus (see our Phosphorus nutrients list). Phosphorus is the second most abundant mineral in the body after calcium. It plays a vital role in the formation and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. In addition, it participates in the growth and regeneration of tissues, among other things, and helps to keep blood pH normal. Finally, phosphorus is one of the constituents of cell membranes.

Good source Iron. Almond and natural almond butter are good sources of iron for men and sources for women, their needs being different. Each body cell contains iron. This mineral is essential for the transport of oxygen and the formation of red blood cells in the blood. It also plays a role in the manufacture of new cells, hormones and neurotransmitters (messengers in nerve impulses).

Good source Zinc. The almond is a good source of zinc for the woman and a source for the man, their needs being different. Almond butter is a source. Zinc is involved in immune responses, the production of genetic material, taste perception, wound healing and fetal development. It also interacts with sex and thyroid hormones. In the pancreas, he participates in the synthesis (manufacture), storage and release of insulin

Source Calcium. Almond is a source of calcium. Calcium is by far the most abundant mineral in the body. It is mostly stored in bones, of which it is an integral part. It contributes to the formation of bones and teeth, as well as the maintenance of their health. Calcium also plays a vital role in blood clotting, maintaining blood pressure and contraction of muscles (including the heart).

Source Potassium. Almond and natural almond butter are sources of potassium. In the body, it serves to balance the pH of the blood and stimulate the production of hydrochloric acid by the stomach, thus promoting digestion. In addition, it facilitates the contraction of muscles, including the heart, and participates in the transmission of nerve impulses.

Source Vitamin B1. Almond is a source of vitamin B1. Also called thiamine, this vitamin is part of a coenzyme needed for energy production mainly from the carbohydrates we ingest. It also participates in the transmission of nerve impulses and promotes normal growth.

Source Vitamin B3. Almond is a source of vitamin B3. Also called niacin, this vitamin participates in many metabolic reactions and contributes particularly to the production of energy from carbohydrates, lipids, proteins and alcohol that we ingest. It also collaborates in the process of DNA formation, allowing normal growth and development.

Source Folate. Almond butter is a source of folate. Folate (vitamin B9) is involved in the production of all the body's cells, including red blood cells. This vitamin plays an essential role in the production of genetic material (DNA, RNA), in the functioning of the nervous system and the immune system, as well as in the healing of wounds and wounds. As it is necessary for the production of new cells, adequate consumption is essential during periods of growth and for the development of the fetus.

issued from "health passport"

http://www.passeportsante.net/fr/Nutrit ... P174_25488

(So ​​what did you see that, in principle, there is no HONcode ??? we take or not take ...);) ... We cut the information, did not stop at a the only sound of the bell like say and especially not to the first one except if it is emitted by a very old person who tells you that it does for a long time, and in view of its physical and mental form tale of its age you can not say that it is harmful a priori (after as for all there is allergies intolerances etc specific to everyone) ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/02/13, 13:13

Bein you can not prevent the almond from having everything it contains ?! : Mrgreen:

You can not stop a site from reporting this analysis either!

Certified HONcode or not, will not change anything : Lol: Besides, I'm for nothing, I swear : Cheesy:

I really don't see what it comes down to there, but if you needed to find yourself some challenging ground (here or elsewhere), it's bad luck because I'm not interested. (And honestly I don't see why you talk about this by rotting your thread? Note that it's fitting since we're talking about it "moldy"[joke] :D )
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/02/13, 13:21

hack hello
(So ​​what did you see beforehand there is no HONcode ??? we take or we do not take ...);)
if, they are HONcode adherents at the bottom left end.
But this kind of information may seem anywhere, since knowledge about health benefits has been known empirically for centuries. More scientific research on their composition is onlyrefine this knowledge to better understand the effects.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/02/13, 13:31

Bein is fed up with these lawsuits!

Moreover, it is not because it is a HONcode site that it is gospel word!

Like here: fun but not so informative (only very partially almonds, yes but what type?)
- first I did not speak "almonds", but the almond contained in the peach pit (that has nothing to do).
- then, regarding almonds this info is very detailed but relatively "to the west" (I mean that the guy who wrote this, either did not know his subject, or had incomplete knowledge):

bidouille23 wrote:Active ingredients and properties

[...]

Is the kernel acidifying?

Data not available.

[...]

Excellent source Magnesium.

[...]

Source Calcium. Almond is a source of calcium. Calcium is by far the most abundant mineral in the body. It is mostly stored in bones, of which it is an integral part. It contributes to the formation of bones and teeth, as well as the maintenance of their health. Calcium also plays a vital role in blood clotting, maintaining blood pressure and contraction of muscles (including the heart).

Source Potassium. Almond and natural almond butter are sources of potassium. In the body, it serves to balance the pH of the blood

How can one not say if the amade is acidifying, when one asserts the following? Bidouille has an explanation? Does he really do what he posts? Can he answer that question?
0 x
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 21/02/13, 00:01

SLut,

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: There's no motive of intent, there's a teasing shot made in Brittany, it's a national sport here;) (Look at oonn's wink:) ... So have calm down :) , and to do this I will answer your question, if calcium not acid y'en good;) ... and I say that we add limestone to an acidic medium to soften for example (as for l water) .... so calcium and potassium which is also alkaline actually, I imagine that all is not necessarily acid ... but I think that they are forced to put question marks at the question because they have no documentation proving the thing either acidic or basic ...

As for the almond, I am fined :) ... as much for me ... I have it all wrong (I must admit in my defense that I answered following the answer on the subject of coca, with your peanut pirouette of "I'm talking about something but this this is not the place to debate it "so cutting the rug under the foot of any answer or opinion ... suddenly I had it a little across the throat, a thousand excuses, you could shout at the tackle :) but not on coke;) ... anyway, there is no attack and even less personal :) ... )

About the link that I provided no I did not read everything I read diagonally, it was more related to "teasing" than anything else, and when to the rotting of the subject (suddenly) at the bottom it doesn't matter;) ... basically;) ... it's used for something else then;) ...

"Moreover, it is not because it is an HONcode site that it is word of the gospel either!"

Note that I do not note this sentence ... to put an end to the subject that annoys, to continue will lead nowhere anyway ... :) ...

Just as continuing this subject probably :) ... maybe ... who knows ....;) I assume who I am and the bullshit I say :) So yes, I often remember saying and writing (beautiful ones that I realize when I reread ... later), it's a simple way for me to be correct and this it's chaotic, but it's like that;), it does not push for credibility, no (but it does not matter, I'm not credible anyway and do not try to be, I just want to interact with people who know more and / or other things than I understand.
Some sudden does not answer, it does not matter either ... :) at bottom;) ... this is what we call selection by principles: p and judgment by habit ... :) or otherwise say how to shut up alone in his world (but that's another subject) ...

Okay I'll stop bullshit me ... rotten the subject done :) , self scuttling ready, all the hatches are open be careful to dive ...

: Mrgreen:

"The reason of the prankster is always the best;): p: p"
"you should never believe a prankster !!" K. Kesey
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/02/13, 00:39

HONcode gospel word ??? Gospel word is not the best reference of truth ...

why not word of the Koran, or torah?
0 x