Children, teens and school VS COVID VS vaccine (My wife works in a covid school)

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Re: My wife works in a school ... covid?

by Christophe » 11/09/20, 10:18

I hope for you but don't forget that you have to beware of sleeping water ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 11/09/20, 11:31

My son tested pcr Wednesday morning in the lab results received this morning 9h negative
Me tested pcr yesterday at 11am at the University Hospital of Tours results received yesterday evening at 22pm negative ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/09/20, 11:56

So this is positive for you Macro : Cheesy:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/20, 17:31

Since this morning, 2 teachers have been in quarantine in my son's school (10 years old) due to contact cases.

It is a small school of a hundred students including kindergartens.

The 2 teachers were not even tested because they were asymptomatic (this is the new directive in Belgium, stop testing without symptoms) ... I just called the director for 20 minutes. She follows official instructions so no need to close the school ... or the class ...

Official instructions necessarily effective given the "very good figures" current Belgians ...

What should we do ?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/20, 18:13

No kidding ?

Closing schools is one of the most effective measures to limit the transmission of the coronavirus, according to a comparative study

The study was published in The Lancet on October 22 and was therefore absolutely not commissioned by Belgium. But its conclusions support the decision to close secondary schools by eliminating face-to-face teaching from this Wednesday, October 28, and to extend the All Saints holidays until November 11 inclusive: it is indeed clear that the closure schools is one of the measures that contributes the most to reducing transmissions of the coronavirus, while their reopening is one of the factors that contributes the most to its spread.

The study is based on a very broad comparison of public measures taken (which she calls "non-pharmaceutical interventions"), then abandoned, in 131 countries to deal with the coronavirus epidemic. And according to a complex model, she tries to assess the influence of these measures (or their abandonment) on the rate of reproduction of the virus, that is to say the number of people that a positive patient infects at his tower. The more the rate is above 1, the more the virus is transmitted, the more it approaches 0, the more they are contained and the epidemic decreases.

Of course, there are biases, since measurements are rarely taken in isolation, but by examining the effect on reproduction rate from the implementation or discontinuation of the measures, the study took this into account and was able to draw general conclusions.

A first conclusion of the study is that the effects are never immediate: it took at least an average of 8 days after their introduction to observe their first effects and an average of 17 days to measure the effect of their abandonment.
Measures that are effective

A downward trend in the reproduction rate was observed in the first 14 days after the introduction of these various measures: school closures, workplaces closed, bans on public events, requirements to stay at home and movement restrictions within the country.
The role of opening or closing schools

After a week, the effects of closing schools show that it is just as effective as closing businesses and banning public events. After 4 weeks, it turns out that it is the latter which is the most effective (reproduction rate reduced to 0,76), but that the closure of schools (rate at 0,85) remains more useful than that of companies. (0,87).

However, it is the combination of these measures that is most effective: by combining these three measures and the ban on gatherings of more than 10 people, transmission is reduced to more than 50% after 28 days.

The role of children in the transmission of the coronavirus is still subject to scientific debate. But the opening and closing of schools clearly plays a role in the transmission of the virus, the study concludes. A modeling study in China has shown that closing schools on its own could not interrupt transmission, but could potentially reduce the maximum incidence by 40 to 60% and delay the COVID-19 epidemic.

The authors of the study in The Lancet estimate that closing schools alone could reduce transmission by 15% on day 28, while reopening schools can increase transmission by 24% on day 28.

The study was not, however, able to take into account the various precautions regarding the reopening of schools adopted by some countries, such as physical distancing, improved hygiene, etc. "Such precautions are imperative for a safer reopening. schools, "the authors note, reporting a huge fire pit in a high school in Israel 10 days after it reopened: students were in crowded classrooms and not instructed to wear face masks due to high temperatures .
Likewise, the study was not able to assess the effect of reopening different levels of school (primary or secondary), while "the effect could differ according to age groups".

However, the study recalls that a report found that children under the age of 5 with mild to moderate COVID-19 had high viral loads in their nasopharynx compared to older children and adults, and could therefore potentially important factors of transmission in the general population.

https://www.rtbf.be/info/societe/detail ... d=10617914

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30785-4/fulltext
PIIS1473309920307854.pdf
(1.01 million) Downloaded times 2469
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/11/20, 20:06

Made in Belgium, not in France : Shock:
80% of the clusters come from secondary education (45,7%) and higher education (33,3%) https://www.20minutes.fr/sante/2875923- ... eur-ecoles
Normal there is more brewing within 12 - 24 years.
This is also the case in England https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... ctober2020

As can be seen, there is a strong progression also at other ages.
Attachments
positivesSchools.jpg
positivesSchools.jpg (53.12 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/11/20, 21:21

izentrop wrote:Made in Belgium, not in France : Shock:

You still missed an opportunity to keep quiet ... the meta analysis cited does not only concern Belgium ... and school means all types of school ...

The study is based on a very broad comparison of public measures taken (which she calls "non-pharmaceutical interventions"), then abandoned, in 131 countries to deal with the coronavirus epidemic.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/11/20, 22:55

Christophe wrote:
izentrop wrote:Made in Belgium, not in France : Shock:
You still missed an opportunity to keep quiet ... the meta analysis cited does not only concern Belgium ... and school means all types of school ...
I was busy ... Part of what I wanted to write is missing.
In Belgium they are closing schools and are right.
In France, the classes of the youngest continue, but at 6 years old, will require them to keep the mask and not to touch their face. : Shock:
Christophe wrote:No kidding ?
Mean everything and its opposite?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/11/20, 23:46

I didn't understand anything izy ...

Primary schools are not closed in Belgium ... it's the All Saints holidays until November 12 ...

Ah, you weren't talking about the study ??? : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 02/11/20, 00:07

Ah ok, they do like in France https://www.rtbf.be/info/article/detail ... d=10617372
... Unless they decide to continue the holidays after November 12th.

The study would therefore be taken into account, but so would the risks for the economy. https://www.liberation.fr/sciences/2020 ... er_1803873

Everything will depend on the evolution:
Coronavirus in Belgium: the increase in the number of hospitalizations seems to be slowing down a bit, can we see this as an encouraging sign? https://www.rtbf.be/info/societe/detail ... d=10622472
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "