My "back" operation (narrow lumbar canal)

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My "back" operation (narrow lumbar canal)

by Obamot » 26/09/22, 13:05

You preach a believer! Both on the mental and the physical (which are completely intertwined...)
Far from certainties, here I take 3 months for a fitness, to discount a slight improvement, but in the longer term.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 17/02/23, 00:15

Last year, at the same time, I was in a Sunpark in Belgium.

The difference, not operated and operated.

The day and the night.

Didn't enjoy much with the little girls last year, and even if this year, it's not entirely that, I'm enjoying it with the little girls.

I don't think it can improve much, but the "more than vital minimum" is there, enough to be able to move more than a little, without having found a full "life".

Between not much, and much more, without being "normal", it's much better.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/02/23, 02:35

Very happy for you, and congratulations because we had to hold on! : Wink:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/04/23, 08:59

A few days ago, during a medical visit, I was given a knee test with the hammer, the last one was in December, and there was no reaction, and this for a long time, and there a miracle, it's starting to have a reflex ...

Good, always pain, and sometimes from noon, it starts to be harder to move again.

So good mixed news actually.

SLRs are coming back, but even more pain than a few months ago.

And sometimes also almost normal consecutive days, but rare.

I don't know yet if I'm going to try to go back to work part-time therapy, 1-2 months, to see, or retire, which is possible, but at a discount....

I'm a little afraid that after 2-3 days I'll be completely out of order....

We'll see ....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 11/04/23, 10:53

Hi Phil. Try this "exercise" if you can do it and you will see for yourself.

Avoid anything containing refined sugar/s, sweets, cakes, sodas, ice cream, etc.

(Fruits and honey no problem of course)

You also replace, GRADUALLY (at your own pace) all bread products with all you want of boiled potatoes, or with rice if possible complete (rice cakes, risotto, puffed rice, etc.,) or carrots snack, turnips, legumes. Personally, I never walk around without a cooked potato in my pocket as an appetite suppressant...

In short, nothing with wheat, no more (small/s) bread/s, no pizza, no semolina, no spaghetti, but beware: if during this "exercise", after having started, if one day you have a desire irresistible pizza or any of the above, it's normal and should not be resisted, eat it... To then resume your "exercise" because it is NOT a diet...

Do that for two months and you'll see how you do.
In principle, your inflammatory threshold should drop (+ other beneficial effects).
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/05/23, 23:22

For a good fortnight, I resumed work part-time, a little hard, but work from 8 to 12 hours, approximately. From 10-11 am, I have less confidence in my steps, I'm not going to say that it pitches, but it's a bit the idea.

I did a test one afternoon, and it's not good, in the morning, even if getting started isn't always easy, you're in better shape than in the afternoon.

I did another blood test, and it's almost from a young man.

For me, it's mainly the mechanical part that doesn't work well, but the chemical part is not bad at all, without being too careful, at 62 years old.

A priori, I'm under all the high margins, and for some, the GAMMA GTs are at 30, for 55 maximum tolerable, even if in 5-6 years, I went from 16 to 30, it's not a delirium .

But the question is maybe, and if these values ​​​​for me, all, should be lower, in my case ?????

At 20, I weighed 63 kg for 1.81m, and today, a quintal.
The "1" quintal is much better than 100 kg. !!! : Lol:

Getting back in touch with work is a plus, morally.
1 x

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/05/23, 05:49

Support for Phil59

Hold on anyway.
And always listen to your body, don't force it.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 28/05/23, 13:28

Obamot wrote:Support for Phil59

Hold on anyway.
And always listen to your body, don't force it.

If you really knew me, you would know that I don't have the impression of forcing, but that's in the head, but the body, it does what it wants, and says "no, you can not".

It's all weird though.

No pb of ears which could explain certain things, the MRI of the brain is good, but... it does not go.

Doctor House, where are you? : Lol: Already he did nothing during the covid....
1 x

Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/05/23, 15:51

BMI, you're big enough to know what to do.

All we can do is encourage you thoroughly…!

: Wink: : Oops:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 04/11/23, 21:49

So a little news from the operation.

Work is returned to full-time, after a few months part-time, but with some restrictions.

And it's getting better and better, even if it won't be as good as before.

Walking now is roughly possible, I'm talking about 7-10 km, without any significant "after-effects", and above all, by not being constantly awakened by pain, even if there is still a little.

On the other hand, simple things, bleeding a radiator, for example, which does not last long, cleaning the glass of the wood stove, remain difficult because they are not up to the task.

Dizziness and cramps become occasional, and therefore very bearable.

It still took 18 months for it to become very significant in terms of evolution.

Note that I almost retired because the social security wanted to put me on disability.

Now, to know, that from December 1st, I will not have a reduction, but I married a little young girl of 57 years old, and after 33 years of marriage, and no longer living together, now that things are going well better, I will perhaps wait until January 1, 2025, if it continues at least like this.
1 x