Incinerator, dioxins and danger to public health

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Incinerator, dioxins and danger to public health

by jean63 » 02/03/06, 09:57

Read in the wanadoo news:

Wednesday March 16th

Dioxins: waste incineration, the leading source of emissions in Ile-de-France

The incineration of household waste remains the main source of dioxin emissions in Ile-de-France despite a sharp decrease since 1990, according to a study by the Regional Health Observatory published Wednesday.

The pollution emitted by incinerators is "globally limited compared to emissions from urban and industrial activities", notes this study carried out in collaboration with the Institute of Planning and Urbanism of the Ile-de-France region (Iaurif) for the account of the regional prefecture.

But it still represents 25% of total emissions, add in a joint press release the Regional Health Observatory, Iaurif and the Prefecture.

However, a reduction of around 90% in the quantity of dioxins from the 19 Ile-de-France incinerators is expected in 2006, following the entry into force last December of the 2002 ministerial decree setting an emission threshold at not to exceed.

"The application of this threshold will cause in Ile-de-France an annual flow of dioxins resulting from incineration of the order of 2 to 3 grams, against around thirty grams previously", according to the press release.

In Ile-de-France, a majority of incinerators are located in dense agglomerated areas, some six million Ile-de-France residents, or 56% of the population, living less than five kilometers from a facility.

The study recommends limiting the increase in volumes incinerated in order to reduce polluting emissions at the source and to set up public health surveillance, in particular thanks to the cancer registry that will be installed in the region .

incinerators = dioxins = cancers = thank you gentlemen for these good incinerators with their good filters (same problems as for diesel particulate filters which allow micro-particles to pass through).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 02/03/06, 22:25

To read in addition "What do we do with our bins?" :

https://www.econologie.com/nos-poubelles ... -2587.html
0 x
Choban
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

dioxin

by Choban » 02/04/06, 02:35

Dioxin, dioxin, ... But there is therefore no one who remembers the result of an investigation commissioned by the late French Minister for Natural Risks, Mr. Haroun Tazief?

Remember!

Choban!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 02/04/06, 10:57

Our leaders who govern us claim that with new generation incinerators there are zero dioxin emissions: waste incinerated at very high temperature + very efficient filters, changed very often ... I believe that these are their arguments! : Idea:

However, in my opinion, the reasoning is the same as for catalytic converters, EGR valves and particle filters (diesels). As long as it is new, exhaust outlet is nickel and after a few thousand kilometers the Catalan pot "spits" its precious metals into fine particles; the EGR valve becomes clogged with soot, becomes blocked and the soot will destroy the catal pot; when the FAP (particle filter) do not talk about it ....... wait for the good studies made from samples taken in cities (ultra-fine PM10 particles produced by Hdi which would pass through and would be even more dangerous to humans).

We are made to swallow "salads" but not mine : Mrgreen:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/04/06, 12:58

As an econologist and what shocks me with incinerators is that in the absence of selective sorting we burn green waste which contains a very strong% of water ... We will therefore lose a monstrous energy for treat this waste which would only ask to go into composting .... (and thus be valued !! instead of constituting a loss of energy and a significant CO2 cost) : Evil:

For dioxins I allow myself to doubt the effectiveness of the filters. You know well that economic logic comes first and where do the "dirty" filters go ....?

I think that only a plasma treatment can really destroy certain dioxins durably but it is not tomorrow the day before that it will be applied (monstrous energy cost). Cf: https://www.econologie.com/traitement-pl ... s-862.html

Otherwise, in general, most dioxins are harmless to health, and as such ... wood fires also release them (harmless): the bark of certain species is a chlorine concentrator ...
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "