History of Helicobacter pylori

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/12/12, 07:46

I have a book at home, the title of which is:
Cholesterol, Lies and Propaganda.
The title is revealing ...
Dr. Michel de Lorgeril is the author.
He says this:
However, less cholesterol is not less heart attack or less death!
What a mess, medicine. (Sorry for the vulgarity)
M.de Lorgeril explains in passing the collusion between laboratories and expert doctors which leads millions of people to take unnecessary medicines for the heart - statins - and with sometimes dramatic side effects.
It finally answers two basic questions: if cholesterol is innocent, what are the real causes of the infarction and can anyone eat anything.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/12/12, 09:16

It's funny this thread, because everyone is a little right and each a little wrong .... Let me explain:

The question is: how to stay healthy, so put the good priorities?

And in this little game, it is clear that we must look towards prevention, so necessarily it goes through the mind first!

- Since it is he who has always "decided", "decides" and always "will decide";

And there, it is clear that we discover it every day (and even and especially at home)

- So - ideally - we should perhaps start by being able to not be influenced by his brain when he orders something, if what he orders us does not conform to what "would go well ". Paradoxical (!) Since at the same time, it is our brain that allows us to do this via "understanding" (...or something).

- Then ask the question "how far are we ready to go»To regain / maintain health?

And from there:

- Consider the method that suits us.

Because each can suit one and not the other, since even if our organs have the same function, that does not mean that they necessarily work strictly the same: but roughly the same. We are all very different as to the reactions of our organism (mental and therefore psychology, heredity, deficiencies or not, immune background and general condition, sensors, possible sequelae, regular practice of physical exercise, in two words "good balance"Or not, etc.)

So yes, we must have our eyes wide open on the excesses of the food industry, because of the laxity of the health authorities and the agro-industrial-chemical-food industry.

Which leads us to become a little his own doctor! (Without however practicing self-medication without an outside opinion, nor by excess of enthusiasm exceed his level of skills ...) : Cheesy:

Because we must not forget that among the first humans potentially able to treat you, the first of the incompetent and through whom everything goes: it is us first.

Then (after the mind, because yes: it is better to be happy first than to have destructive thoughts, etc.) to know what food we want and why, how to do something for ourselves and how to bring it to others, then a little further what type of medicine we want.

But it is a vast subject which goes beyond the framework of this thread.
Last edited by Obamot the 17 / 12 / 12, 09: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/12/12, 09:30

Totally agree.

But we have to note that it is not that simple! I stopped the statin against the advice of my cardiologist - finally against the prescription! My "normal" doctor also disagreed. My "different" doctor advised me - over-the-counter on the internet, not on a prescription - red yeast rice.

And so I did my "experiments" on myself.

But I can tell you that when you spent a few days in cardiac emergencies, with machines beeping around you, when during the first 1 hours after the intervention, you took stock of your life in your head, when finally you got out of this dialogue with the big grim reaper, and that for 24 months you walked like an old bedridden ... being his doctor - in short, deciding on his body and somewhere in his life - it's not that simple , psychologically !!!

And to come back to the book mentioned above: of course that Cholesterol is, at too high doses, and in its "bad form", that a risk factor. With a few others. It is even vital !!!

This brings us back to the whole debate on the media: many "conbtre" books are ALSO part of the media circus. This one, I do not know. I would not comment. But I remember such a book that "descends" bilogical agriculture ... blah blah ... And everyone econnait doctors who made their fortune with such and such a diet, or that other! With a "nickel" scientific argument ...

In a world where nobody is satisfied (50% of French people declare themselves poor!), Being systematically against is ALSO a market !

Taking them literally is perhaps AS dangerous ... as believing your "lambda" cardiologist ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/12/12, 09:37

Did67 wrote:it's not so simple, psychologically !!!

What is simple in this area? : Lol: To ask the question is to have the answer!

Indeed, I concede, it is the first of the difficulties, it exceeds 50% of work, work on oneself.

And it is better to start as early as possible, because once on the pool table, it is a little late ... Even if it is never too late to do well!

So fix yourself the "priorities that are going well»... (Or choose by whom to be supported, if you can't do it alone. Probably hang several tracks and crosscut ...)
0 x
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 17/12/12, 10:03

Many uninteresting things, I will add my grain of salt (of guerande)

Modern medicine carries risks, of course, but it is still the one that works best in the vast majority of cases.
As for the incompetence of doctors ... their knowledge is limited to what they learned on the benches of college, so although with a wide range of knowledge, it is still limited, and it can be very quickly after what he learned.
It doesn't necessarily make him a bad doctor. It would however be good if they recognize their doubts and / or errors when they commit them, it would help a lot doctor / patient dialogue. There are also charlatants, do not hesitate to file a complaint with the order of the council of doctors, because for the moment, they still act with impunity as long as there is no death of a man (and still, even in that case)
Reading the drug leaflets is in my opinion a gesture that everyone should do to know the side effects. If you ever have a new concern, you know if the drugs can be incriminated or if it is a reinforcement of the disease (in both cases, do not hesitate to consult your doctor).

Alternative medicine, while effective, remains on a case-by-case basis. What works for my neighbor doesn't necessarily work for me.
It is necessary with alternative medicine, to be extra vigilant, because all the side effects are not necessarily explained in detail, and sometimes turns out to be difficult to find.
Now, it offers a more than viable alternative to traditional medicine, but does not replace it, both are complementary in my opinion, and the ailments that can only be relieved in traditional medicine at the cost of heavy side effects can -being relieved more effectively with alternative medicine (I mean, relieving, not treating).
Essential oils, for example, work quite well, and they are found everywhere.
However it is case by case, what works with my parents does not necessarily work on me, and you have to be extremely vigilant, follow the indications and contraindications of each oil, follow the recipes.

The alternative medicine that works, is generally called medicine. A very simple case, aspirin, which has been known since antiquity and is extracted from white willow (wikipedia), has gone from alternative medicine to simple medicine, because of its proven effectiveness.

For food, this remains a vast subject.
Industrial food is accompanied by a lot of havoc.
Eliminating fatty meats because they are fatty and supposedly raise cholesterol may not be the ultimate solution. Inuit eat almost that, and have no higher than average cholesterol level. The fact is that ingested fats are unsaturated fatty acids that have a low impact on cholesterol. All the fat is not to be put in the same basket, and this is the error that is often made.

Changing these eating habits is often a good thing.
Eliminate refined sugar, and do not replace it with even worse substitutes (aspartame or stevia). Optionally it can be replaced with a little honey, in limited quantities.
Reading the ingredient list of what you buy is also very informative. A list of preservatives or products with bizarre names larger than the list of simple foods (flour, sugar, butter, milk, egg etc ...) makes it a product to avoid (hydrogenated stuff is to avoid absolutely .. .).
Limit or even eliminate the cereals (for those who have the courage) which, in the course of human history, have been so often altered that they have almost nothing in common with what was digestible for our ancestors , hunter-gatherers.
Likewise for legumes and starchy foods, which must be cooked to be digestible.

Basically, if it can be eaten raw, it's good for you ^^
I am reading the Seignalet diet which explains all this in great detail.
I am trying to follow this diet, which is similar to the paleo diet.
3 weeks of diet, I have already gained a notch on my belt, and apart from a slight fatigue (I sleep 20% more) due to the weight loss, I am as much, if not more active than before ^^
Be careful, everything is not good to take in the Seignalet diet, it is recommended to cook the meat a little, which can lead to parasitosis. Always cook the meat properly to eliminate parasites (error recognized by Seignalet at the end of its life).
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/12/12, 10:54

:D I like debates without clashes of destructive ideas.
This is the case here.
Okay, I think there are a lot of good answers that can get things done.
But while taking my bath, I remembered a story that happened to me in Thailand. (30 years ago)
I hit a goddamn chiasse, and the imodium did not work.
A Tailandaise noticed my state of physical disrepair, and asked me what was going on.
When she understood the problem, she explained to me that in her country, there were two kinds of pharmacies: one modern, the other "Thai".
She accompanied me in old medicine and I was given "DOWER" derived from the poppy ... (opium)
I took the medoc, and it didn't work ...
Suddenly this woman told me "you have to take the dower, and follow a diet; from now on, and for two days I will feed you"
And there I was healed!
The bottom line is that Thailand has two pharmacies!
It is prohibited with us.
What also fucks the mess with us is also the insurance ... (not official, not reimbursed, not insured)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 17/12/12, 11:24

Yes, and above all: there are several medicines: (gentle, preventive, curative or even restorative emergency, among which allo - homeo - ortho - chinese or whatever, etc.)

What you need to know when you travel is that you have to EAT and CARE like the locals ... Because what they eat from the local terroir is co-relative to the state of health!

But after the Guérande salt I will still season: : Cheesy: : Mrgreen:

sherkanner wrote:Lots of uninteresting things,

ininteresting, are you sure? : Mrgreen:

sherkanner wrote:I will add my grain of salt (of guerande)
Modern medicine carries risks, of course, but it is still the one that works best in the vast majority of cases.

We cannot oppose them to each other amha ... They often have very different roles ...
First, why any "marche»In 30% of the cases, if it is only thanks to the mind ... For the other 30% it is still discussed ...
So yes it is not wrong when it comes to "to put out a fireRemains to be determined: which one? why and for who? ;-)

sherkanner wrote:As for the incompetence of doctors ... their knowledge is limited to what they learned on the benches of college, so although with a wide range of knowledge, it is still limited, and it can be very quickly after what he learned.
It doesn't necessarily make him a bad doctor. It would however be good if they recognize their doubts and / or errors when they commit them, it would help a lot doctor / patient dialogue. There are also charlatants, do not hesitate to file a complaint with the order of the council of doctors, because for the moment, they still act with impunity as long as there is no death of a man (and still, even in that case)

These are exceptions, right? The "bad" doctors?
Honestly, in order of priorities, I would not put the doctors at the top of the table, but the patients themselves !!! Without laxity the charlatans would spend much less ...
Start not sorting out patient vs. doctor responsibilities. To see ... : Cheesy:

The fight is uneven. This is why it is better to remain extremely vigilant. Treat FIRST beforehand: then do nothing with a doctor with whom there is no relationship of trust. And if he sends you to a colleague with whom "it does not go through". Choose another, your life is at stake!

sherkanner wrote:Reading the drug leaflets is in my opinion a gesture that everyone should do to know the side effects. If you ever have a new concern, you know if the drugs can be incriminated or if it is a reinforcement of the disease (in both cases, do not hesitate to consult your doctor).

Oh yes, but coming to take medication is proof that it's already very late ...! It would be better to start upstream ... Taking any medication (chemical or not) should not be a trivial act. Since the question arises even for food.

sherkanner wrote:Alternative medicine, while effective, remains on a case-by-case basis. What works for my neighbor doesn't necessarily work for me.

Either one or the other, it's exactly the same (except that the doctor is supposed to know you and we are supposed to trust him: except that in the vast majority of cases, they are only interested in acute problems ... How many of them know the food bowl of their patients? And ask questions or give advice on it, except in critical cases? And even! Look at the relatively devitalized food that we give in most hospitals ...)

sherkanner wrote:It is necessary with alternative medicine, to be extra vigilant, because all the side effects are not necessarily explained in detail, and sometimes turns out to be difficult to find.

If we are able to redouble our vigilance, it's already good : Mrgreen: it also means that we are able to do it upstream, right? : Cheesy: What do we eat? With his lifestyle, his practice of sport, etc ...

sherkanner wrote:Now, it offers a more than viable alternative to traditional medicine, but does not replace it, both are complementary in my opinion, and the ailments that can only be relieved in traditional medicine at the cost of heavy side effects can -being relieved more effectively with alternative medicine (I mean, relieving, not treating).

There are possibly a lot of contradictions / confusions:
- why wouldn't there be heavy side effects with other medicines? There may be, for example if conventional medicine is not used if the case requires it, which indicates a good mental predisposition on this question;
- for example if the patient does not follow the treatment, as much in alternative medicine as elsewhere ... Always the right mental predisposition ...
Thus the “good mental predisposition” linked to prevention: would be even more important than the choice of the type of medicine in more than 80% of cases!

sherkanner wrote:Essential oils, for example, work quite well, and they are found everywhere.

There must say stop! No? : Cheesy: Isn't that taking the problem from the wrong end ...?
First of all it would be better to start with a health check! And there we can already get an idea by doing tests ourselves. Like measuring its acid-base balance, its blood sugar level, etc.

sherkanner wrote:However it is case by case, what works with my parents does not necessarily work on me, and you have to be extremely vigilant, follow the indications and contraindications of each oil, follow the recipes.

It's not wrong but very contradictory amha. To find out, you must already be aware of where you are ... Being extremely vigilant at this stage, I don't believe it. Because we should have been before if we had been ... "vigilant", right? ... : Cheesy: And if we had been, we wouldn't be there, hey hey ..

sherkanner wrote:The alternative medicine that works, is generally called medicine. A very simple case, aspirin, which has been known since antiquity and is extracted from white willow (wikipedia), has gone from alternative medicine to simple medicine, because of its proven effectiveness.

Hum! With me it has NO effects that we are supposed to take it for. By cons a willow tea, or even better: a Paracetamol (but I take very rarely.)
So in any case, it is case-by-case, even in cases where ...

sherkanner wrote:For food, this remains a vast subject.
Industrial food is accompanied by a lot of havoc.
Eliminating fatty meats because they are fatty and supposedly raise cholesterol may not be the ultimate solution. The Inuit almost eat only that,

I don't really understand how we can say that, whereas above we say several times - and rightly so - that it is case-by-case? Okay?

sherkanner wrote:and do not have higher than average cholesterol level. The fact is that ingested fats are unsaturated fatty acids that have a low impact on cholesterol. All the fat is not to be put in the same basket, and this is the error that is often made.

Oah!
- It is true that the fat ingested will have a low incidence, is it not wrong to say either one or the other! Still case by case! Question of metabolism linked to eating habits. The example often given of the Inuit cannot be a model for the non-Inuit, who can live and sleep a few degrees above zero in their igloo ... (If there are still ...)
- Yes animal fats raise the rate of "bad cholesterol", that is undeniable, isn't it ?!
- No we cannot expect that there will be "good" since it is the second choice compared to polyunsaturated fatty acids found in the plant kingdom, right?
Let's say that it is sometimes a substitute, and in any case not a general rule to apply (even if the fish is healthier than the beef ...)

sherkanner wrote:Changing these eating habits is often a good thing
Eliminate refined sugar, and do not replace it with even worse substitutes (aspartame or stevia).

Uh ... Asparthame okay, it contains methanol transforming in the body into formaldehyde during a thermal shock and stays there forever, becoming carcinogenic depending on the dose! But stevia? How bad would it be if we didn't abuse it? Do you have a connection with a proven study?

sherkanner wrote:Optionally it can be replaced with a little honey, in limited quantities.

Ok.

sherkanner wrote:Reading the ingredient list of what you buy is also very informative. A list of preservatives or products with bizarre names larger than the list of simple foods (flour, sugar, butter, milk, egg etc ...) in [make products] to flee

Ok.

sherkanner wrote:(hydrogenated stuff is to be avoided absolutely ...).

Ok, but then what difference do you make between these fatty acids [CIS] there, and saturated fats originating from animal fats ...

sherkanner wrote:Limit or even eliminate the cereals (for those who have the courage) which, in the course of human history, have been so often altered that they have almost nothing in common with what was digestible for our ancestors , hunter-gatherers.

First of all, isn't it contradictory again ... We can't say that and at the same time say above that it is case-by-case!
And then uuuuuuuhhhh, I want to, but do you have a link? Because that is relatively false.
There are varieties that have not changed like spelled (also called pharaoh's wheat), since it was extracted from their vaults and then replanted ... And it grew back.
- But the most important and main benefit is that they are slow sugars!
The only point where we could possibly procrastinate is in relation to the acid-base balance: cereals are an acid chouilla, but that does not bring to any knowledge if the rest of the food bowl is ready ... Well sure, the fact that we have to see how we metabolize that.

sherkanner wrote:Likewise for legumes and starchy foods, which must be cooked to be digestible.

Arf, surely "in general".

sherkanner wrote:Basically, if it can be eaten raw, it's good for you ^^
I am reading the Seignalet diet which explains all this in great detail.
I am trying to follow this diet, which is similar to the paleo diet.
3 weeks of diet, I have already gained a notch on my belt, and apart from a slight fatigue (I sleep 20% more) due to the weight loss, I am as much, if not more active than before ^^
Be careful, everything is not good to take in the Seignalet diet, it is recommended to cook the meat a little, which can lead to parasitosis. Always cook the meat properly to eliminate parasites (error recognized by Seignalet at the end of its life).

Even if Seingalet is fine, it is better in any case not to speak at the RESTRICTIVE level by using a word to banish relatively from the language: that of "regime" !!!
Indeed, it is a brutal cut, it is better to possibly go through the box "Kousmine" before ... Or even before flexitarianism ... There is a choice ...
Bah ....: "parasitosis", why be afraid? If we do Seignelet, we give the body the means to fight by itself! It is therefore more of a problem these days, with hygiene measures in the breeding area! It is also curious that Seignelet offers meat!
The main difficulties with Seignelet - it must be said - is:
- you have to be very careful to follow all of your lessons to the letter, if you do not want to be deficient. (Kousmine is more flexible)
- therefore difficult to do without the full commitment of the one who gets started. And this relatively overnight.
- that after having started Seignelet, one struggles to have a social life if one sticks to it! Most people do not adopt this food bowl.
- that it is better to be followed at the beginning, than to do it alone ... And with someone who knows extremely well (not easy to find).
- I suggest taking the training at Kousmine, since it is good and we can learn the things to do to practice Seignelet (this also applies to VG, amha ...)

Damn, why are we debating this here? : roll: It's HS.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/12/12, 12:07

Two things :

a) French "traditional" medicine is making feats when it comes to mechanics, piping, MRI, etc etc etc ...

I am the living witness.

In a lot of endroist in the World, I would no longer be there to chat for 5 years. You wouldn't even have known me!

b) but it is possible and not crazy to also say, that in many places in the world, I would not have led the crazy life that I led ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/12/12, 17:58

sherkanner wrote:
or stevia).

Do you have any info on stevia?

NB: the inuits eat fatty fish, which are very good for cholesterol (halibut, etc.). I also eat a lot: the "beast" sardine, mackerel, haddock, salmon ...

Just two "little ones!" disadvantages: they also concentrate a lot of waste / heavy metals in their fat; and storage (box, smoked) make them too rich in salt! Another "killer"!

Nothing is simple, putaing!

A fairly general rule: unsaturated fats remain liquid at low temperatures. Saturated fat "freezes". Plants and animals that are resistant to cold are generally quite rich in unsaturated fatty acids. Omega3 capsules are extracted from cod liver oils ...

Lamb's lettuce is a salad rich enough in Omega 3 (but do not think to cover your needs except to become ruminant!) ...
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/12/12, 18:28

I have a stevia plant at home, but it is not too successful because of its taste?
I found a link that talks about it (toxic above 100 ° c)
Info? intoxicated?
http://www.girlz-talk.com/2011/07/pour- ... la-stevia/
0 x