Covid19 virus: the disinfectant mask by thermal viral inhibition (+ UVc?)?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Covid19 Virus: the thermal disinfectant mask!

by gegyx » 03/04/20, 14:22

It's a good idea. :D

But effectively cooling will complicate the mechanism of portable equipment.

A long tube (cooler) and this is the pressure drop, so the inlet fan (+ a buffer tank)
For breathing it is a large flow over 50% of the time.

A large cooling section connected to the mask would be suitable, I think

The hand enters the air of the oven at 300 ° C, but cannot remain there.

There, the hot air sucked in will communicate with the moist alveoli of the lungs (You should not coagulate the raisined :) )

In a common workshop room, we could have several people living together and secure, each connected by a pipe to a larger common facility.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/04/20, 14:45

Thanks Gegyx!

Before doing anything there are actually 2 things to check

a) The real termability of the coronavirus: how long at how many ° C to be 100% sure that 100% of the viruses are in PLS? I imagine as often in disinfection that it is an exponential / log ...

That is to say, for example, that if it takes 300 seconds at 70 ° C, it only takes 30 to 90 ° C and 5 to 100 ° C ...

The first thing to do is find this curve!

b) The maximum air temperature that a more fragile man or child can breathe ... seems not too problematic to me. In the desert at 45-50 ° C there is no problem to breathe ...

Cooling does not seem to me a problem considering the low flow rates: after all we only have to exchange the same thing as we heat !!

So dissipating 22W on a delta of 80 ° C (ambient air at 20 ° C) on more than 1 m of corrugated pipe (not fluted sorry) of 1 inch seems to me not to be an impossible mission! With a flow rate of 0,2 g / s, don't even bother checking, we'll be there!

For 220W should be checked with the lambda and pipe thickness ...

Y is more complicated as a calculation ...
1 x
Christophe

Re: Covid19 virus: the thermal disinfectant mask?

by Christophe » 03/04/20, 16:39

Here is the reminder of the thermal resistance of the virus: https://www.france24.com/fr/20200306-co ... d%C3%A9mie

How long has the virus been active?

According to a study published in the Journal of Hospital Infection, the coronavirus Covid-19 would survive at room temperature, like its close cousins ​​SARS and MERS, on average between 4 and 5 days on surfaces like steel, aluminum, wood, paper, glass, plastic, ceramic, teflon and other crucial materials in the medical environment: latex gloves and disposable gowns. At temperatures above 30 ° C, the resistance decreases considerably, not exceeding a few hours. On the other hand, lower temperatures, below 20 ° C, favor the persistence of human coronaviruses which survive up to nine days. Ruhr University scientists say in their work that ethanol-based agents can clear the virus from these surfaces.

Here is the study, note the publication date "Available online 6 February 2020"

It reads "Human coronaviruses can remain infectious on inanimate surfaces at room temperature for up to 9 days."

So on February 6 we already knew that the virus could resist up to 9 days on neutral surfaces !! And we were told shit weeks later ??

https://www.journalofhospitalinfection.com/article/S0195-6701(20)30046-3/fulltext

PIIS0195670120300463.pdf
(267.16 KB) Downloaded times 201

Well there is no precise answer to my question: at more than 70 ° C how long does it take to kill it?

It also remains to find the info with UV treatment ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/04/20, 16:46

Here are the coronavirus thermal inhibition curves ... the problem is that it takes 4 minutes!

https://www.anses.fr/fr/system/files/SA ... 0037-1.pdf

SABA2020SA0037-1.pdf
(1.52 million) Downloaded times 174

Screenshot_2020-04-03 ANSES OPINION on an urgent request on certain risks linked to COVID-19 - SABA2020SA0037 - [...]. Png
Screenshot_2020-04-03 ANSES OPINION on an urgent request on certain risks linked to COVID-19 - SABA2020SA0037 - [...]. Png (122.98 KiB) Consulted 1954 times

We could deduce that at 90 ° C we are at -4 log so -6 log in all is a division of the concentration ... by 10 ^ 6 or 1 million times less ... it's huge ... but damn it's 4 minutes! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 03/04/20, 17:42

Christophe wrote:
Paul72 wrote:Simple and clear answer: the air flow is too fast to see the viruses destroyed, even at 100 degrees celsius.
A cartridge or Hepa filter is more effective. Finally if we can say.

Ah yes? 0.2 g / s is it fast? It all depends on the section / surface of the heater ... Before concluding too quickly and when we don't know or we are talking in a vacuum * the best is to be silent!

In a few seconds at 100 ° C the coronavirus is kaputt!

This mask will obviously include a classic filtration system as well: it is noted above! Air heating is an additional security!

* like I’m going to add you to the troll list, that’s already some messages that prove that you are an embittered ...

Sorry but already, do you have proof that the virus is destroyed at 90 degrees in a fraction of a second? I'm not trying to trap you Christophe. Just don't give the illusion of an uncomfortable solution anyway. You can't hold your breath for 1 minute while the heat takes effect. I had seen a thermal disinfection protocol pass, from memory 15 minutes to 70 degrees

Edict: in hospitals, for coronavirus
0 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/04/20, 18:02

a) I never mentioned a second faction

b) We can store buffered air "purified" right? It does not weigh too heavy the air ... We can therefore very well consider a purification of 4 minutes in the presence of the heating element, just that it is necessary have 4 minutes of air supply in the evening ... 4 * 10 = 40 Liters and 52 grams excluding content ... it is possible!

c) I don't have the proof, no, but the ANSES curves above seem to indicate a reduction of a log factor of 10, therefore 1 million, at 4 min cooking around 90 ° C

For the ANSES (4 min at 63 ° C) a reduction of approximately 3 log seems to be sufficient! Ie concentration divided by 1000 ...

d) If it is necessary to go up to 120 or 150 ° C it is not a problem for an electrical resistance ... Obviously it will go up a little the necessary power if we work on a delta of 150 see 200 ° C ...

I only ask to find the curves at 90 ° C or more ... you help me ???
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 03/04/20, 18:42

We could also imagine air cooling via a tank filled with water, a bit like with a shisha.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Paul72
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Paul72 » 03/04/20, 19:02

Well, in this case it is necessary to compress the air to temporarily store it, which complicates the gadget but perhaps helps with sterilization since it heats up.
I give you another track: ionize (electrify) the air to kill viruses. Is it just an idea to explore, maybe more simple and effective?
1 x
I'm allergic to idiots: sometimes I even get a cough.
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/04/20, 19:05

Why do you want to compress? 40 L is not much ... It is a medium backpack! 40 L of air weighs less than a compressor !! : Cheesy:

https://www.cdiscount.com/le-sport/spor ... #mpos=0|mp

outdoor-versatile-backpack-rand-backpack.jpg
outdoor-versatile-backpack-backpack-rand.jpg (34.31 KB) Viewed 1921 times

Yes plasma disinfection is also an interesting way! Do we have any official info on it? About viruses? Or the corona?

And 100% of the air must pass through the plasma ...

For sure, a plasma can go up to 20K, pure on there it will be roasted in less ... of a fraction of a second!
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 03/04/20, 21:34

We could be based on what comes out of an electronic cigarette,

We would have the flow info, power, temperature and inspiratory effort.

Who has one and a thermometer to measure it all?
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.