Covid-19 vaccine: what if we never found it like HIV AIDS?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Re: Covid-19 vaccine: what if we never found one like HIV AIDS?

by Christophe » 12/01/21, 19:01

Which restaurant do you choose? : Cheesy:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/01/21, 19:03

sicetaitsimple wrote:Are you serious???
You still do not hope to see the results of a vaccination campaign that started a month ago
Every half point in the R = 0 counts, and I call it gene therapy, so good considerations for the dumpster.

sicetaitsimple wrote: It will take a few weeks to see the immediate effect (or not) of the risk of catching this shit for vaccinated people and months to see (or not) the collective effect. [...] " Me I " blah-blah-blah

Ah, suddenly you find it legitimate to wait months to see clearly. What a staggering reversal of the jacket Image Image
Last edited by Obamot the 12 / 01 / 21, 19: 05, 1 edited once.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/01/21, 19:05

It is not false obamot! : Cheesy:
2 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/01/21, 19:21

Obamot wrote:Ah, suddenly you find it legitimate to wait months to see clearly. What a staggering reversal of the jacket

What is he saying, the XXXXX who claims that the death curve in Germany is flat?
I say that you have to wait months to see the effects of even a massive vaccination. In a month, the Great Britons would have vaccinated about 4% of their population if I believe today's figures, which is already a lot. In 6 months at this rate, that would be around 25%.
This is not enough to expect a significant effect from collective immunity in the short term.
On the other hand, we will have more precise data on the individual effectiveness of vaccines on people vaccinated compared to those who are not.

moderated by Rémundo
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/01/21, 19:37

On the other hand, we will have more precise data on the individual effectiveness of vaccines on people vaccinated compared to those who are not.
as long as we find ourselves with a total and equivalent number of people vaccinated or not, which got off to a bad start with the anxiety-provoking policy that was made with the elderly populations and where there will be hardly any unvaccinated people left.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/01/21, 19:38

as long as we find ourselves with a total and equivalent number of people vaccinated or not, which got off to a bad start with the anxiety-provoking policy that was made with the elderly populations and where there will be hardly any unvaccinated people left.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 12/01/21, 19:49

sicetaitsimple wrote:I say that you have to wait months to see the effects of even a massive vaccination.

The formula is 1 - (1 / R0) * eff

With an R0 of 1,1 as currently and an efficiency of 90%, that gives 18%. With 18% of vaccinated / immunized, the effective R would increase to 1. In fact we already have 10% of people who have had it, so the calculation is a little more complicated.

By aiming for an R close to 1, the vaccine will gradually relax the restrictive measures. But it is sure that we will wear masks at least until the summer if all goes well.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/01/21, 20:11

Janic wrote:

No matter what, with a few% of the population vaccinated it will be possible to measure the effectiveness or not of the vaccines on these people in relation to those of the same profile, mainly age, who are not.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 12/01/21, 20:30

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Obamot wrote:Ah, suddenly you find it legitimate to wait months to see clearly. What a staggering reversal of the jacket

What is he saying, the XXXXX who claims that the death curve in Germany is flat?
I say that you have to wait months to see the effects of even a massive vaccination. In a month, the Great Britons would have vaccinated about 4% of their population if I believe today's figures, which is already a lot. In 6 months at this rate, that would be around 25%.
This is not enough to expect a significant effect from collective immunity in the short term.

moderated by Rémundo

Ah, whoever claims that the daily death curve in Germany is flat is not a clown?
Bah Remundo, tell me how to qualify it, then?
If there is a list of suitable terms, I am ready to use it, but it will have to apply to everyone ....

Well I see you did not understand It was simple; when a modo intervenes here to keep a little courtesy in the debates, it is not brought back by repeating the joke. This joke, moreover, does not add anything to your reflection, even dessert. So you take a warning.
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 12/01/21, 20:45

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Janic wrote:

No matter what, with a few% of the population vaccinated it will be possible to measure the effectiveness or not of the vaccines on these people in relation to those of the same profile, mainly age, who are not.

be nice when you use%, there are some who have trouble with that ... : roll:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)