Coronavirus pandemic: stage 3 in France and Belgium

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Coronavirus pandemic: stage 3 in France and Belgium

by ABC2019 » 15/03/20, 05:55

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:I have no idea if the measures worthy of a science fiction film to slow down the epidemic of coronavirus are good or not but we can be surprised that the .... tobacco remains open ???

Has tobacco become an essential trade?
If anyone knows the reason it is willingly.

In our village we have no tobacco but only a tobacco bar ...
Will it remain open?
Or only the tobacco activity (again saying this seems absurd) will remain "open"

For the elections I did not exchange with the slightest person who found it justified to maintain them

it doesn't shock me more than that because:

A) what is contaminating is to stay close to each other for a while while sticking to it. A shared meal at a restaurant face to face is much more risky than queuing while keeping your distance, without touching or talking.

B) the current sick rate is still very low. The problem is in the exponential extrapolation, which will peter us to the g ... in a few weeks: doubling in 4 days = multiplication by 4 in one week, by 256 in one month, and by 1000 in six weeks = 4 million sick in six weeks and 60% of the population at the end, with hundreds of thousands of deaths at stake.
But it is multiple chains of contamination that end up with this result. Add ONE unique event in this chain, we don't care. That's not the important thing. The important thing is to change everyday behaviors repeated many times.

For tobacco, I think they want to keep the sale of newspapers open for public access to information and directives.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 15/03/20, 07:44

ABC2019 wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:I have no idea if the measures worthy of a science fiction film to slow down the epidemic of coronavirus are good or not but we can be surprised that the .... tobacco remains open ???

Will it remain open?
Or only the tobacco activity (again saying this seems absurd) will remain "open"

For the elections I did not exchange with the slightest person who found it justified to maintain them

it doesn't shock me more than that because:

A) what is contaminating is to stay close to each other for a while while sticking to it. A shared meal at a restaurant face to face is much more risky than queuing while keeping your distance, without touching or talking.

B) the current sick rate is still very low. The problem is in the exponential extrapolation, which will peter us to the g ... in a few weeks: doubling in 4 days = multiplication by 4 in one week, by 256 in one month, and by 1000 in six weeks = 4 million sick in six weeks and 60% of the population at the end, with hundreds of thousands of deaths at stake.
But it is multiple chains of contamination that end up with this result. Add ONE unique event in this chain, we don't care. That's not the important thing. The important thing is to change everyday behaviors repeated many times.

For tobacco, I think they want to keep the sale of newspapers open for public access to information and directives.

In truth, it is not so much for access to information as for access to a drug, even a legal one. People who go to tobacco need the substance, physiologically. If you deprive them, these are all cases of depression, descent or even violence that you will have to manage in addition to the rest. Basically it's a lesser evil.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/03/20, 08:17

Will it remain open?

There too I want to say that everyone finds it absurd.

Smoking is certainly as essential as voting : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

At your urns !!
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 15/03/20, 09:09

voui voui besides, tobacco only causes 50 deaths per year, that is to say maybe the same number of deaths as coronavirus ... but as it is spread over 000 weeks, it goes!
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by A.D. 44 » 15/03/20, 12:12

Hello,

How can we assess the effects of measures, 48 ​​hours after their implementation?

incubation time of this virus and appearance of the first symptoms?
1 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 15/03/20, 12:27

ABC2019 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:
it is for those who have not yet understood that it was no longer necessary to go to the restaurant ...

What should we understand in this sentence?

What is written ; the ban was declared because people have not yet understood for themselves that it was necessary to stay at home to block the epidemic, and not to go to restaurants. So we force them.

: roll: And leaving the Super and the Hyper open is really relevant ... : roll: Soon the closure of outdoor markets, to eliminate competition?
Last edited by GuyGadebois the 15 / 03 / 20, 12: 30, 2 edited once.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/03/20, 12:29

AD 44 wrote:How can we assess the effects of measures, 48 ​​hours after their implementation?

It is certainly impossible within 48 hours. The "verdict", if there is one possible, it will be in ten days with the congestion, or not, or more or less high, of the intensive care units.

Some people gaussed a little quickly from the construction in one week of the hospitals of Wuhan ..... It was a form of response, à la Chinoise certainly.
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/03/20, 12:33

What shocked me was not this kind of response, but the communication of which it was the pretext, with this improbable ballet of backhoes ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 15/03/20, 12:36

I allow myself to post a comment by Olivier B on a page of the world that I find particularly relevant:
Hello, schematically 3 possible strategies against a virus that will ultimately affect probably 50% of the world population:
1. Initial major confinement like China and Korea with a very good brake effect but a risk of rebound later because collective immunity is not sufficient.
2. European response, staggered and drastic measures as soon as the curve accelerates to let collective immunity circulate while trying to avoid submergence of serious cases in intensive care.
3. English method which lets it come and waits for collective immunity to do its job. We will see at the end but the French strategy has its consistency

https://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/ ... ons&page=2
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 15/03/20, 12:47

Ahmed wrote:What shocked me was not this kind of response, but the communication of which it was the pretext, with this improbable ballet of backhoes ...

It is not really you that I put in "some" because we had only spoken together if I remember correctly that of the "staging" of these constructions.
Others, however, predicted a probable end to the epidemic before the hospitals were put into service ....
Last edited by sicetaitsimple the 15 / 03 / 20, 12: 53, 2 edited once.
0 x