Coronavirus: effectiveness of types of masks and manufacture of a homemade respiratory mask

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Re: Coronavirus: make a respiratory mask with what you have at home!

by Christophe » 05/04/20, 09:18

GuyGadebois wrote:Have you thought about using a vacuum bag as a raw material to make a mask?

Why not but must hack with a hose and add the filter cotton ... a little complicated and bulky I think ...

Personally I love the simple, effective and available solution of coffee masks!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 05/04/20, 11:02

1 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/04/20, 12:30

You can sew a fabric pocket like a pillowcase measuring 15 cm x 20 cm. Provide a passage for the elastics on the short sides.

Inside we will put a rectangle of surgical cotton wool with slightly smaller dimensions (13 x 18). Plain cotton already stops particles> 20 microns and surgical cotton wool does better (5 microns?). The cotton can be changed quickly without unstitching anything. The pocket is easily washable.

There is also special PM 2.5 filter paper for air conditioners. Now, is it available?

Knowing that the letter carriers do not wear gloves or masks, for peace of mind, I give an iron on the mail. One second at 100 °.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/04/20, 12:34

Christophe wrote:Personally I love the simple, effective and available solution of coffee masks!

And there are different sizes!

It filters in 10 to 15 microns according to the technical instructions, it's not bad.

The problem is with the edges, especially at the nose. Maybe a piece of sticking plaster is the solution.
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 05/04/20, 12:56

Christophe wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:Have you thought about using a vacuum bag as a raw material to make a mask?

Why not but must hack with a hose and add the filter cotton ... a little complicated and bulky I think ...

Personally I love the simple, effective and available solution of coffee masks!

I have HEPA * bags which are a square (double) of 30x30 cm. The face without the hole allows you to make a comfortable mask.

* All filters are tested for a minimum filtration of 99,97% at the 0,3 micron level in order to meet HEPA standards in strict compliance with the IEST-RP-CC-007 standard.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Pereyron
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Pereyron » 05/04/20, 19:36

Warning! in step 2 put disinfectant on the cottons is to breathe VOCs to those who will have the mask on their nose.
It is not a very good idea, prefer the mask of the Grenoble University Hospital to sew yourself.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/04/20, 12:02

This morning, 1st regeneration disinfection in the oven!

My 2 homemade masks and 2 medical ducks FFP2:

20200406_184124.jpg
20200406_184124.jpg (138 KB) Viewed times 3223

190 ° C hot air for 20 minutes (you can never be too careful) !!

The FFP2 did not like this heat treatment at all ... Oops !! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

20200407_114712.jpg

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Some traces appeared on the DIY masks ...

The elastic bands held on the other hand ... but undoubtedly they are more fragile ...

Next time I set to 100 ° C and 10 minutes!
0 x
Céline OLERON
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Céline OLERON » 07/04/20, 18:56

a small mask pattern for the dressmaker.
0 x
Céline OLERON
Nature Animator : Idea:
Courbevoie
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 09/04/20, 14:31

yesterday I went shopping (off course) in the supermarket (very close to 100m).
I was lucky to be arrested when I came out of my street (?) For verification of the certificate ... : Cheesy:
I had to block the car and get out, because the paper was folded in the back pocket and with the gloves, it's not easy ...
-OK ! (While everything was printed on 1 half A4 except the date, time, signature and the check mark of the reason.)
I took the opportunity to ask for information since parking on the track did not bother anyone. stating that he checked me at the time entered, and that if the races were long? (Knowing me, trying to find the right required products (lol) that are present, it lasts 2 to 3 hours at worst).
He tells me that with shopping it is tricky, in principle an hour, but ..
-I have seen marked anywhere for 1 hour?
Another question: I have had the oven broken since the 3rd day of confinement. There next to it, there is household appliances but nothing in the oven. Can I go to the other at 4km?
-This can be conceived in the case of necessity (But he did not give me a formal certificate in this case ...)
I gave her a kiss of support / : Mrgreen:
In the store, I carried around my anorak hat, gloves and standard DIY shell mask (ben dirty, because having already been used for sawdust ...)
Well, after a while, I resolved to lift it, when I had no one next to or in front, because I was breathing badly and felt that I was going to turn my eye ...
I think a nose cover will do the next time ... Since we are likely to have already been infected, given my various bizarre inconveniences in December (knowing that without vaccination, I never got the flu.)

In the same way in my children, the sons-in-law had concerns, the sense of smell (taste in the course of a week by tele transmission), contact with a person, close, hospitalized declared positive, or trade and sports meeting (with fever and flu for a week in early March).
Now I see that they are confined with families and children, grandchildren, and future children, and for the moment I am touching wood. Would they be immune?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/04/20, 15:00

The simplest and fulfills its role without making you look around
0 x