Coronavirus: effectiveness of types of masks and manufacture of a homemade respiratory mask

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Coronavirus: make a respiratory mask with what you have at home!

by ENERC » 03/09/20, 19:44

Christophe wrote:It is indeed droplets and fine particles that are visible ... the vapor is invisible (yes if I assure you ...)

Surgical surgeons protect others from the wearer's large postilion-like droplets ... they do not protect the wearer or others from the sneeze-like fine droplets. This is the object of this experiment.

Read the published article: https://aip.scitation.org/doi/10.1063/5.0022968

The main cause of contamination is still the "large" particles.
For aerosols (5 µm – 10 µm), I agree that masks theoretically provide little solution.

That said there is a study on massive contamination in a poorly ventilated OpenSpace where everyone has been contaminated. The study showed that the contamination occurred during meals when the mask was removed.

No risk does not exist. If you are around a sick person without a mask, the transmission is 100% without a mask. With surgical mask 15-20%. With FFP2, less than 5%.
If the Covid's R0 is 3,5 without a mask, it falls far below at 1 with a mask. If everyone wore a mask correctly, even a cloth mask, the theoretical R0 would be 0,4 - 0,5. And so the cases would decrease every week.

The mask lowers the R0.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/09/20, 20:30

Bin sur: the worst is the maskless ... this video does not say that they are useless but it shows their limit.

In this sense, the anti masks are real assholes.

This video just shows that SOME solutions are insufficient ... under SOME conditions.

The visors (without additional mask) I find it difficult to understand how people can "believe" to be protected ...
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/09/20, 22:14

I tried the mask with sunglasses

and yeah it fogs up, especially if the air rises under the cheekbone between the eye and the glass of the glasses

I'm not surprised that it puts the binz on a helmet with a closed visor.

the mask under a full face helmet is just sanitary bullshit. here : Evil:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 04/09/20, 00:09

The official version https://www.gendarmerie.interieur.gouv. ... -un-masque attention, this is serious :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/09/20, 18:58

magic.jpg
magic.jpg (41.31 KiB) Viewed 2160 times
1 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 16/09/20, 19:39

Remundo wrote:I tried the mask with sunglasses

and yeah it fogs up, especially if the air rises under the cheekbone between the eye and the glass of the glasses

I'm not surprised that it puts the binz on a helmet with a closed visor.

the mask under a full face helmet is just sanitary bullshit. here : Evil:

When you ride a motorcycle you are much more likely to die crushed by a heavy weight or cut into pieces in a safety rail than from the coronavirus so actually wearing the mask on a motorcycle is statistical bullshit
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/20, 12:08

Christophe wrote:

Another in the same style:

1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/09/20, 16:11

I am not at all surprised by these little fluid mechanics videos.

this corresponds perfectly to my observations: when I wear the mask, I feel the flow of hot exhaled air which goes up towards the eyes, or escapes down the cheeks.

moreover sometimes my eyes get irritated (small conjunctivitis).

on the other hand, the aerosols move and penetrate the nasal passages, mask or not, it is enough for that to follow / cross a smoker (without cigarette) or a perfumed woman, if you are sensitive to smell, you detect it before having seen them and also after their passage (for example in a room that they have left)

To hear it ... the mask retains the postilions ... but little more.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/20, 16:38

Remundo wrote:moreover sometimes my eyes get irritated (small conjunctivitis).

You have to stop the rosé at the Raymond breakfast! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Remundo wrote:on the other hand, the aerosols move and penetrate the nasal passages, mask or not, it is enough for that to follow / cross a smoker (without cigarette) or a perfumed woman, if you are sensitive to smell, you detect it before having seen them and also after their passage (for example in a room that they have left)

To hear it ... the mask retains the postilions ... but little more.

Absolutely, the same with PAHs / VOCs ... I walked into a motorcycle workshop where it stank of gasoline vapors ... as if I didn't have a mask ...
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 17/09/20, 17:46

I had recovered a study on Aerosols: http://sycomoreen.free.fr/docs_multimed ... l#28052020

completed with smoky videos :P
0 x