Shopping: CORONAVIRUS contagion through hands and surfaces in stores and businesses?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: CORONA VIRUS contagion in stores

by ABC2019 » 01/09/20, 11:44

Christophe wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:attention "a virus", they are in fact billions of different viral particles! Obviously if there is a mutation, it will only affect one of them (or some by chance), but the others have no reason to mutate. For a strain to spread, it has to be more contagious than the others, but that doesn't kill them all at once. There is no reason for remote areas to see a drop in virulence in a coordinated fashion ...

Uh not sure to understand everything ...

I was just talking about the "global" virulence of the virus which could be weakened by the outside temperatures ...

People who are currently diagnosed positive were most likely infected during the heatwave of early / mid August ... and as hospitalizations do not "follow" (so much the better) ... there is necessarily a factor that makes the virus is less "nasty" ...

I'm just asking the question if it could be the outside temperature. That's all.

I don't see how the temperature influences the virus itself, which is a very simple set of molecules (DNA surrounded by a few proteins). Temperature only affects the efficiency with which it propagates (droplets evaporate faster, and people remain less confined).

Possibly it can also act on the immunological resistance capacities of individuals, but it is not a priori the virus which changes (it is not "complicated" enough to feel the temperature like a multicellular animal which "would be hot" by example!) n
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/09/20, 11:54

??

No no no, the temperature acts well on its lifetime in iso conditions (laboratory) ... I still have to put the coronavirus temperature resistance chart ? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: I thought he was assimilated ... especially since I called him back yesterday ... to izy ...

So we are sure that the (outside) temperature acts on its lifespan ...

Why would she not act on virulence ?? I'm guessing but the question deserves to be asked ... Given all the biological novelties that this virus brings ...
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 01/09/20, 12:31

Christophe wrote:??

No no no, the temperature acts well on its lifetime in iso conditions (laboratory) ... I still have to put the coronavirus temperature resistance chart ? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: I thought he was assimilated ... especially since I called him back yesterday ... to izy ...

So we are sure that the (outside) temperature acts on its lifespan ...

yes there are two things; first the proteins denature at high temperature (this is the principle of cooking). Then chemical reactions such as oxidation accelerate with temperature and therefore in an aggressive environment (oxygen, ozone, oxidants, detergents etc ...) the virus can be more quickly destroyed when heated.

Why would she not act on virulence ?? I'm guessing but the question deserves to be asked ... Given all the biological novelties that this virus brings ...

I do not think so because once entered with its genetic material in a cell, everything happens after the same way, its DNA is replicated, its proteins are expressed ... and it will be at 37 ° C anyway . What can change is the host's immune response (it is also clear that the severity of the disease is mainly due to immune responses that "mess around", the virus itself is not very dangerous! !)
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/09/20, 12:42

ABC2019 wrote:yes there are two things; first the proteins denature at high temperature (this is the principle of cooking). Then chemical reactions such as oxidation accelerate with temperature and therefore in an aggressive environment (oxygen, ozone, oxidants, detergents etc ...) the virus can be more quickly destroyed when heated.

Okay with that ... but you just contradicted yourself ... anyway ... not a big deal ...

ABC2019 wrote:I don't see how the temperature influences the virus itself which is a very simple set of molecules (DNA surrounded by a few proteins). Temperature only affects the efficiency with which it propagates (droplets evaporate faster, and people remain less confined).

Suite:

ABC2019 wrote:I do not think so because once entered with its genetic material in a cell, everything happens after the same way, its DNA is replicated, its proteins are expressed ... and it will be at 37 ° C anyway . What can change is the host's immune response (it is also clear that the severity of the disease is mainly due to immune responses that "mess around", the virus itself is not very dangerous! !)

Yes, also agree but it is not 100% certain ... the walls of the respiratory system are not at 37 ° C ... and depend quite a lot on the outside temperature ...therefore the first replications of the virus do not take place at all under the same conditions depending on the outside temperature ...

I'm rambling, but given all the bad biological news that this virus has brought ... I think we should look a little more at the influence of the outside temperature on the severity of cases ... we will have numbers! : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/09/20, 12:51

Christophe wrote:I don't know how you reason, but on a forum it is mutual aid the base ... It hurts you to put the 2 links of the 2 other studies and possibly to extract some
I just want to keep you from spreading the wrong information.
There was everything in the bond that I gave you sante-pollution-prevention / contagion-corona-virus-t16532-20.html # p409651

Links cited in context:
To properly interpret the significance of these results, it is necessary to understand by whom and for what they were produced. In this case, this drawing was made on the basis of two studies, the first, a meta-analysis published in February in the British journal The Journal of Hospital Infection, the second, being a prepublication on the Medrxiv site of an American team from the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious diseases. It should be noted from the outset that the purpose of these two studies is above all to warn the hospital environment and the researchers who manipulate the virus in the laboratory - who are in close contact with infectious agents - on different surfaces, in order to minimize the risks of contamination and nosocomial infections.

A new study, published Tuesday in The New England Journal of Medicine, for its part compared the permanence of SARS-CoV2, the virus at the base of the COVID-19 epidemic, with that of SARS-CoV1, at the origin of the SARS epidemic in 2003. If we combine the results of these three studies, we arrive at orders of magnitude similar to those announced on the famous diagram, namely a persistence of the virus in aerosols for up to 3 hours, on a copper surface for up to 4 hours, on cardboard up to 24 hours and on plastic and steel up to 2 or 3 days.
So it is well intended for health professionals. We bombard doses that do not exist in reality.

It takes a keen eye to interpret the results, something that I leave to whom it may concern : Wink:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/09/20, 13:00

Thank you, you see it was not that difficult ...
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 01/09/20, 16:49

Christophe wrote:
ABC2019 wrote:yes there are two things; first the proteins denature at high temperature (this is the principle of cooking). Then chemical reactions such as oxidation accelerate with temperature and therefore in an aggressive environment (oxygen, ozone, oxidants, detergents etc ...) the virus can be more quickly destroyed when heated.

Okay with that ... but you just contradicted yourself ... anyway ... not a big deal ...

ABC2019 wrote:I don't see how the temperature influences the virus itself which is a very simple set of molecules (DNA surrounded by a few proteins). Temperature only affects the efficiency with which it propagates (droplets evaporate faster, and people remain less confined).

yes I thought you were talking about "normal" temperatures like 10 and 20 ° C, it's sure that at 50 or 70 ° C it starts to damage the proteins ..
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 01/09/20, 20:21

I was talking about the heat wave (I said it right?) ... at 36-38 ° C in the shade (in the air) some walls in the sun are easily at 50-60 ° C ...
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/12/20, 13:58

0 x
Christophe

Re: CORONAVIRUS contagion through hands and surfaces in stores and businesses?

by Christophe » 04/02/21, 13:53

A step forward, a step back ... At this rate we still have 10 years! : Cry: : Cry: : Cry:

0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "