Cleft lip and palate (cleft lip)

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Cleft lip and palate (cleft lip)

by oli 80 » 07/06/22, 13:25

Hi everybody,

here is a subject that I did not really like to discuss, I was born with a cleft lip and this malformation requires several surgeries
I was operated by Professor Stricker at the University Hospital of Nancy (central hospital) in the maxillofacial surgery department, there are quite a few people who have this malformation, I had the same journey as the girl in this video

and a baby with the same malformation
I thought it might be of interest forum
2 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Cleft lip palate (cleft lip)

by Obamot » 08/06/22, 03:52

Hi Oli 80...!

We must here salute all those who have succeeded in overcoming the gaze of others, to live like the others, to live normally thanks to surgery. And therefore also to salute the work of the surgical teams, which help to live better thanks to their actions and which do not cease to improve... With each difficulty of life, there is always the great victory of having overcome the trials , this is what makes humans grow, paradoxically...

It's a painful reality, which like all painful realities, is always very difficult to live with (and not easy to comment on, to explain to those who haven't experienced it: but there are good souls who understand it) . Difficult because words fail. And one day the word manages to break through years of silence. And we can act, we can support: we must do everything to improve the human condition.

Kudos for this thread.
0 x
oli 80
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by oli 80 » 08/06/22, 13:21

Hi everybody,

I had to overcome these hardships myself, the gaze of others, the mockery, etc.
there are self-help groups on facebook of which I am registered on two of them
and allows us to share our experiences, our experiences, to help other people,
of course several people can have the same thing but differently

here is a young girl that you briefly saw in the previous video taken from the report "the miracles of children's surgery"
her name is Leonie

you will see the result after his operation, breathtaking, congratulations to Professor Picard
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/06/22, 14:10

Thank you for this testimony Oli80

The cleft lip is of course a concern, but fortunately does not turn into a serious handicap, in particular thanks to surgery.

Motor skills of the limbs and intelligence are preserved. It's already a good start in life.

Children can be particularly mean to mock/discriminate, but if it's not a real malformation, they find other often stupid excuses to exclude someone.

In fact I believe that it is above all the combative personality, and the protection/love of loved ones that allows you to overcome everything.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 08/06/22, 19:25

oli 80 wrote:Hi everybody,

here is a subject that I did not really like to discuss, I was born with a cleft lip and this malformation requires several surgeries
I was operated by Professor Stricker at the University Hospital of Nancy (central hospital) in the maxillofacial surgery department, there are quite a few people who have this malformation, I had the same journey as the girl in this video

and a baby with the same malformation
I thought it might be of interest forum

Certainly it may be of interest. You can also tell yourself that you are lucky not to have been born a century or more ago, when these malformations were not treated and were commonly seen. It has become "benign" even if it is a delicate surgical work, like treating appendicitis from which one could also die in the past.

Why am I saying this? Because there are here unconditional idolaters of Nature who systematically tell us that everything that comes from man is to be fought (except ecological ideology, of course) while Nature would be the model über alles, the Goddess who provides for everything and who should be respected.
Of course we shouldn't generally respect Nature because if we had to, then we shouldn't operate on a cleft lip or treat the slightest disease, since it is Nature who would have wanted it and that she would surely have her reasons.

oli 80 wrote:Hi everybody,
I had to overcome these hardships myself, the gaze of others, the mockery, etc.

In the past, it would have been even worse. Not only were people less educated, more boorish, never scorned in the face of handicapped people, but in addition you had the argument of the bigot: "but what has God done to make him done so ugly? But yes, we heard that in the past, a past to which some want us to return, denying all the progress made for centuries, including that of mentalities.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 08/06/22, 20:02

This response is amazing.

The man is at the center, but the individual has no place.

Me who thought that one did not go without the other....

Exo, I would like you to develop your idea, in order to know where you are coming from!

For me, if man is at the center, he has the right to everything, including not being "boggled" by life.

Or man is the parasite of the earth, and he manages to live as best he can.

But what does compassion mean to you?

The man must have feelings or not?

Far be it from me any religious idea....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 08/06/22, 21:30

@phil59

"Man is at the center, the individual has his place, he has the right to everything, including not being 'boggled' by life." : I agree and that's what I say too.
And the man must have feelings, of course.
So I don't understand what you want to tell me since you seem to think the same thing. Is there ambiguity in what I wrote?

My only point is this observation that today, the "natural" is opposed to the artificial, and that in addition we claim that "it's good because it's natural".
We then come to turn to the past where the artificial was less present, to condemn all that is industrial, to want to preserve all "heritage" at all costs, and to develop a fear of the future to the detriment of progress. technical and therefore of the progress of ideas (my mention to the bigot for whom the harelip could be a divine punishment, concerned this last point).

It is only this ideological message that I am fighting. With the hare's beak, one example among many others, we see that nature has never been "ready". It is filled with deleterious hazards that we must correct. And the more technical progress advances, the better we can correct nature's bugs.
Deifying nature makes no sense. But that's what we see today: see Janic's spiels for which any disease would be due to our way of life, and that we could cure cancer with remedies from good women, see the anti-vaccination activism, see the promotion of renewable energies yet expensive, intermittent and not even ecological, the promotion of organic agriculture which has no health benefits etc etc

Nature is indifferent to us. If we come from nature, all the dangers for us come from it too. Nature should not be taken as a reference, the natural is not at all the panacea.
Man transcends nature, nature has no rights other than those that man wants to grant him, in his own interest, human. Nature is not intended to remain immutable or "sustainable", man can shape it, and when he corrects a cleft lip, that is what he is doing. Would he correct the DNA that would be equally commendable.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 09/06/22, 09:18

Nihilo wrote
Deifying nature makes no sense. But that's what we see today: see Janic's spiels for which any disease would be due to our way of life, and that we could cure cancer with remedies from good women, see the anti-vaccination activism, see the promotion of renewable energies yet expensive, intermittent and not even ecological, the promotion of organic agriculture which has no health benefits etc etc
et Nihilo who adds his nonsense there to the others.
a) the Nihilo confuses deifying and respecting the complexity of this nature which has allowed him to exist, already, and without which he could not align so many absurdities.
b) all diseases are only consequences of bad personal choices, inherited, cultural and therefore, (previous generations determining the genes) parents drink and children drink. Otherwise, it's like considering that car accidents are due to the roads, to the vehicles and not to the drivers, even though we know that the behavior of the drivers is most frequently called into question, even when driving is already taking a risk, hence the regulations, the laws (more or less good and effective) which are there to avoid, reduce these accidents. Hey, yes! The way of life, like the way of driving, serves to avoid as many accidents as possible, not to prevent them.
and that we could cure a cancer with remedies from good women,
Another nihilism, one more!
Cancer, and many other pathologies, is only an effect whose causes are more and more known and which calls into question the products invented by industrialists whose consequences become cancers and others.
The good women play no role in it, except that researchers rediscover more and more that the more the diseases are complicated and the more the remedies "of good women" were and still are of a frightening effectiveness for whoever is interested in them, obviously, not the jokers who do not judge on parts.
see anti-vaccination activism
and one more nonsense to add to the rest!
Fear and superstition, inherited from previous religions, shifted from fear of spiritual death to fear of physical death and belief in a future and eternal heavenly future shifted to a technocratic future where all evils and miseries would be erased by this same technology… illusory too!
So there is activism, supposedly antivax, only in response to another prior provax activism such as in politics or economics. Moreover, although practiced for more than a century, no vaccination has ever proven its effectiveness in real life, in the field, among all the populations of the earth, because otherwise: where are the historical proofs, ( currently absent), indisputable?
the promotion of organic farming which has no health benefits
This is a promotion of fans of agricultural and sanitary chemistry who claim the harmlessness of these products even though they have been scientifically and medically increasingly questioned since their use, which has provoked a salutary reaction. farmers anxious not to poison themselves, their families and the consumers of their crops.
So: Not degrading your health with all these artificial products is already a huge advantage for it. You really have to be IDIOT not to realize it, except among idiots precisely.
The problem of Nihilo it is their obstinacy in wanting to remain so!

Edited by Remundo: no insults please on this thread which really deserves respect
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/06/22, 11:26

Hello friends

I cleaned this subject of the various sordid messages of each other.

We are talking here about disease, about physical and psychological reconstructions.

So a little outfit, thank you

Remundo for moderation
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 10/06/22, 13:09

if everyone comes here to cry misery over all the evils that can affect everyone, we haven't left the inn!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "