Alcohol and mortality: 50 000 deaths per year in France

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Alcohol and mortality: 50 000 deaths per year in France

by GuyGadebois » 27/07/19, 18:47

Janic wrote:.
But you did not answer: from what age (biologically and scientifically) can a child drink alcoholic beverages?
and does conviviality justify so many victims?

Scientifically I do not know, but in my opinion, it should wait until the end of synaptic pruning (of adolescence), as for any other psychoactive product disrupting this phenomenon.
It is up to everyone to regulate their consumption, to avoid abuse, to be responsible and not to do anything.
hallucinating:
https://soifdailleurs.com/blog/cantine-b53.html
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 27/07/19, 20:04

janic wrote:.
But you did not answer: from what age (biologically and scientifically) can a child drink alcoholic beverages?
Scientifically I do not knowbut in my opinion, we should wait until the end of synaptic pruning (of adolescence), as for any other psychoactive product that disturbs this phenomenon.
This is where the difference is made between subjectivity and "scientific" objectivity. As weak as the dose is, it causes disorders of the psychic and physiological level in the adult, also, by attacking the myelin sheath connecting the neurons and therefore where the information, such as in uninsulated electrical wires, is short circuited (d where the manifestations of disinhibition, drunkenness, delirium). There is therefore no minimum age suitable for its consumption.
It is up to everyone to regulate their consumption, to avoid abuse, to be responsible and not to do anything.
This is just a view of the mind that is still popular with its consumers because consumption levels is the subjectivity of the consumer, the same for the concept of abuse (for some countries the abuse begins at the top of 0) as to the notion of responsibility, which is equally subjective, since no State can define from which dose a liability can be attributed in the event of an accident, for example. But if everyone has to decide on these parameters, we are not out of the hostel!

PS: I have never seen canteen alcohol in 1956 except on the tables of the teachers. By cons Coca Cola was distributing free of its product at the doors of schools and it thundered, which we began to measure the disadvantages that late ... as usual.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 27/07/19, 20:14

Janic wrote:
janic wrote:.
Scientifically I do not knowbut in my opinion, we should wait until the end of synaptic pruning (of adolescence), as for any other psychoactive product that disturbs this phenomenon.
This is where the difference is made between subjectivity and "scientific" objectivity. As weak as the dose is, it causes disorders of the psychic and physiological level in the adult, also, by attacking the myelin sheath connecting the neurons and therefore where the information, such as in uninsulated electrical wires, is short circuited (d where the manifestations of disinhibition, drunkenness, delirium). There is therefore no minimum age suitable for its consumption.
This is just a view of the mind that is still popular with its consumers because consumption levels is the subjectivity of the consumer, the same for the concept of abuse (for some countries the abuse begins at the top of 0) as to the notion of responsibility, which is equally subjective, since no State can define from which dose a liability can be attributed in the event of an accident, for example. But if everyone has to decide on these parameters, we are not out of the hostel!

"I understood you", you are against it. Me for, by the way, I'm drinking a good organic German beer, unpasteurized, unfiltered, full of good yeast (yum) as an aperitif with my wife, while preparing pizzas (100% organic ingredients) , and I go back. Then, rosé wine, of course, summer obliges!
Ps: I do not care about the effects that alcohol could have on my health. I am 58 years old, I do not suffer from anything (apart from my knees hurt by 45 years of intense skiing) and will not sacrifice my pleasure on the altar of the precautionary principle.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 27/07/19, 20:38

"I understood you", you are against it.
I am especially the witness of the damages caused around me, very close, not hypothetical witnesses unknown in the distance.
Me for, besides I am drinking a German beer organic appetizer with my wife, while preparing pizzas (100% organic ingredients), and I go back.
Organic does not justify the rest. If you had to shoot an "organic" ball in your skull, I guess his qualification as good for your health would not change anything.
Ps: I do not care about the effects that alcohol could have on my health.
I understand you all the more since being much, much younger, I said the same thing, like the friends. And then I saw all these people so sure of them falling like flies, mainly by alcohol, added to everything else!
I am 58 years old, I do not suffer from anything (apart from my knees hurt by 45 years of intense skiing) and will not sacrifice my pleasure on the altar of the precautionary principle.
But on certain sensitive subjects, like the subjects on which you intervene, (just because of that) the precautionary principle becomes important to you because otherwise the nuclear, the fertilizers and chemical treatments, etc ... which would give reason to those who do not see any particular problems there and who wish that one does not disturb them Not on these points there.
I do not criticize consumers of this poison, but on the poison itself.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 27/07/19, 20:40

I do not risk falling like a fly, since I control my consumption perfectly. An example: every time I went to India, I did not drink a drop and I never missed it.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/07/19, 08:26

I will not fall like a fly,
That's the best thing we can wish for, but that's what those who end up someday and fall into AA are saying. [*] Not all happily or sadly !? Go talk with them or addictologist who are daily confronted with forts in reassuring speech and sometimes find themselves there
since I perfectly control my consumption.
This is also what smokers and all small drug users say, whatever they are!
An example: every time I went to India, I did not drink a drop and I never missed it.
This is a great example of what to do to check for addiction.
Except that! Except that light addictions are often only revealed in a particular context: family problems, professional, social and festive consumption, etc ... and which happen to be (illusory) responses to stress and that pass with it.
It turns out that I co-animated smoking cessation sessions that ranged from 3 cigarettes to 3 packs (or more) a day. And strangely it was the very little smokers who had trouble getting rid of it when heavy smokers gave up smoking at the first session. The biology of physiological or psychological life is something complex.

[*] for the record. I was, once, at an association meeting with large print warnings, here against tobacco, there against alcohol, further against other drugs and in a fun way (sic) each booth had the same design, but in one it called into question such and such a product and in the same design it was the other. I therefore pointed out the peculiarity of it to the people at the booth against alcohol and who smoked like fireplaces. Their response was: "we are not going to deprive ourselves of everything, all the same!" and therein lies the key to all of these behaviors: the notion of deprivation which leads to the substitution of a harmful product for another harmful product, most of the time without the people being really aware of it.
And once again I do not condemn!
I, too, have been a young con smoking and drinking to do as friends and yet around me, alcohol like tobacco made their ravages, but there is like a veil, cultural, which obstructs us and the senses and which we use to self-justify ourselves in our behaviors. At that time no alcohol-driving checks and driving could be drunk since the courts excused all fatal accidents under the pretext that the driver was under the alcohol and the murderer found himself snow-white on his way out. Obviously the judges and the cops are themselves consumers of this divine beverage.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/08/19, 17:00

1980, the children and the Pastis ... I let you guess where it was : Cheesy:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/19, 18:12

Ha ha ha:

wine.jpg
vin.jpg (49.42 Kio) Viewed 2683 times
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/08/19, 18:22

According to the 6-digit phone number, this "ad" dates between 1963 and 1985 (it's more recent than I thought: it's probably during the 60s) https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histoire_ ... _en_France
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 12/08/19, 18:22

I loved the "recognized for public utility" !!!
Created in 1926, recognized as a public utility in 1930 !!!

Pasteur and wine.jpg
Pasteur et vin.jpg (43.4 Kio) Viewed 2650 times
Last edited by GuyGadebois the 12 / 08 / 19, 18: 26, 1 edited once.
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "