Advances in the fight against the coronavirus

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Advances in the fight against the coronavirus

by gegyx » 19/01/22, 11:11

The Amish have all had covid and are all now immune / an example of herd immunity

https://www.fawkes-news.com/2022/01/fac ... .html#more
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/01/22, 11:27

Oh? So inbreeding genes work too!

: Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 19/01/22, 11:47

Christophe wrote:Oh? So inbreeding genes work too!

: Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Well no, it's that they don't have smartphones through which we can infect people via 4G and now 5G... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/01/22, 20:03

Is the same thing in the French press?

Genetics, immunity, blood type: why do some people not contract the coronavirus even when exposed to it?

We all know someone who has escaped the coronavirus since the start of the pandemic. Someone who, despite very high-risk contacts, slips through the cracks. So, stroke of luck? Or real predisposition?

“I never had the covid”, explains Gaëlle. However, it is not for lack of having been exposed to the coronavirus. "My father had it, my boyfriend had it, my cookers had it…". And despite all these close contacts with infected people – who lived under the same roof as her – the student's PCR test turned out to be negative each time.

His life did not stop spinning. "I live normally, like everyone else," she explains. "Like everyone else, I went out to Casa [entertainment room on the Louvain-la-Neuve campus], so I surely rubbed shoulders with people who had it without realizing it."

Not all equal in the face of the virus?
And Gaëlle is certainly not the only one in this case. Admittedly, in the lot of “invincibles”, there are those who are very careful and who scrupulously respect barrier gestures. There are also those who have already contracted the coronavirus without even knowing it. But wouldn't there also be people less willing to develop Covid-19? What do we know about this?

"It's still quite random and difficult to predict who will really do the covid at equal exposure time", admits Sophie Lucas, immunologist and president of the Duve Institute at UCLouvain.

Genetic

What is certain, however, is that "the factors which make it possible to understand in part what determines this randomness are factors specific to the individuals themselves."

The genetics of each therefore have all their importance in the face of this question. Indeed, some have an intrinsic ability to respond with very appropriate immune responses to some viruses (and not others). All of this is encoded in our genome and is what genetically determines inequalities in the ability to respond to certain infections.

"In a couple, one can imagine that one partner responds very well to viruses A, B and C. And the other to viruses D, E and F", illustrates Sophie Lucas.

The blood group

Another track: the blood group. Some studies indicate that therhesus O would be better protected. “There seems to be a tendency that certain blood groups do indeed have a relative resistance to infection,” confirms Sophie Lucas.

The laws of blood transfusion would also partly explain why certain blood groups could be a little more resistant to infection. For example, a person O would be less susceptible to the SARS-CoV-2 virus that would have been produced by a person with blood group A, or AB.

"Part of the laws of blood transfusion explains why a group O person might be a little more resistant to viruses to which they would be exposed and which would have been produced by a group A person."

Remember that these are relative risks that cannot be applied to each individual case. “In a couple, if one partner is blood type O and the other is blood type AB and they both come face to face with the virus at a party, it absolutely does not mean that the person in group O will not be infected."

cross-immunity

Furthermore, a study conducted in the United Kingdom suggests thathaving been in contact with other earlier coronaviruses could protect a person from SARS-CoV-2 infection.

Of 52 people living in a household with a Covid-19 positive person, half were infected, the other half remained negative. The researchers observed a higher level of T cells in uninfected people, probably because they had already been previously infected with another type of coronavirus. This would explain their better resistance to Covid-19.

The vaccine

Finally, and not surprisingly, a complete vaccination schedule also strengthens the resistance of a person in contact with the coronavirus. “The specific immune state of protection against this disease – in other words the state of vaccination – can indeed play a role”, recalls Sophie Lucas.

If one partner has had three doses of vaccine and the other has none, there is a much higher chance that the unvaccinated person will catch covid

"If one partner has received three doses of vaccine and the other has not received any, there is a much greater chance that the unvaccinated person will catch covid than the person vaccinated with three doses."

Hypotheses

So, ultimately, why do some people not contract the coronavirus even when exposed to it? Are some people less likely to develop Covid-19? As you will have understood, the answer is far from simple since the infection depends on many factors. There is therefore no real rule at the individual level.

"The parameters are so multiple that it is almost impossible, at an individual level, to explain which is the predominant factor in a given person", concludes the immunologist.

https://www.rtbf.be/article/genetique-i ... s-10918064

ps: it's better than nothing as an article but very insufficient: food and lifestyles ????
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 19/01/22, 20:18

So, ultimately, why do some people not contract the coronavirus even when exposed to it? Are some people less likely to develop Covid-19? As you will have understood, the answer is far from simple since the infection depends on many factors. There is therefore no real rule at the individual level.

"The parameters are so multiple that it is almost impossible, at an individual level, to explain which is the predominant factor in a given person", concludes the immunologist.

quite right: nobody knows anything about it and carrying out simplistic manipulations does not help our ignorance.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 19/01/22, 23:52

Janic wrote:So, ultimately, why do some people not contract the coronavirus even when exposed to it? Are some people less likely to develop Covid-19?

My partner did not catch Omicron, despite having the same symptoms as me, Mystery...
Some hypotheses of Dr. Maboule:
- She has O+ blood (for real)
- She is blonde (for real) and her lack of neurons : Cheesy: could explain why the virus has not found anything to cling to its cells... In this case the brain would be the target? Image
- She uses her mother to chopper him for her, and it worked!

In short, the REAL science still has a lot of research to do so that we discover all the secrets of this virus...

Well, Amish people, Image
1 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/01/22, 00:13

There are several possibilities, including one or the other of these: age differences, different food tastes, genetic heritage, she comes from the countryside when your family was already in town for several generations, she metabolizes better than you because she consumes less sugar. You are exposed to harmful products in your job. You're more of a homebody, she's not. Should have the anamnesis of both... +history.
0 x
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 20/01/22, 00:49

Obamot wrote:There are several possibilities, including one or the other of these: age differences, different food tastes, genetic heritage, she comes from the countryside when your family was already in town for several generations, she metabolizes better than you because she consumes less sugar. You are exposed to harmful products in your job. You're more of a homebody, she's not. Should have the anamnesis of both... +history.

She's 10 years younger than me, which works in her favor.
Otherwise, it's more like me who was born on a farm in the countryside, eating organic vegetables from the garden from a very young age (fertilizer = manure + wood ash, no pesticides). I don't have any allergies (apart from the work that tires me... : Oops: : Cheesy: )
She was born in the city and has almost always lived in the city.
We both walk a lot and we often play sports together (cycling, football, etc.)
Afterwards, I have a cold more often than her (I had chronic rhinitis before I found essential oils) because my living area is very humid (old marshes drained by the Romans, but still a lot of humidity). My "fragility" on Omicron may come from the state of my pif? (shit, I forgot to ask Dédé R for some Vicks. : Mrgreen: )

On the other hand, she is from Normandy (several generations) and I from R.Alpes (several generations as well), so different genetic origins.

Perhaps a study by department or region is needed to see if local factors (ethnic origins, climate, etc.) can explain better resistance to the virus.
Last edited by jean.caissepas the 20 / 01 / 22, 00: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x
Past habits must change,

because the future must not die.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 20/01/22, 00:50

1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 20/01/22, 01:04

jean.caissepas wrote:
Obamot wrote:There are several possibilities, including one or the other of these: age differences, different food tastes, genetic heritage, she comes from the countryside when your family was already in town for several generations, she metabolizes better than you because she consumes less sugar. You are exposed to harmful products in your job. You're more of a homebody, she's not. Should have the anamnesis of both... +history.

She's 10 years younger than me, which works in her favor.
Otherwise, it's more like me who was born on a farm in the countryside, eating organic vegetables from the garden from a very young age (fertilizer = manure + wood ash, no pesticides). I don't have any allergies (apart from the work that tires me... : Oops: : Cheesy: )
She was born in the city and has almost always lived in the city.
We both walk a lot and we often play sports together (cycling, football, etc.)
Afterwards, I have a cold more often than her (I had chronic rhinitis before I found essential oils) because my living area is very humid (old marshes drained by the Romans, but still a lot of humidity). My "fragility" on Omicron may come from the state of my pif? (shit, I forgot to ask Dédé R for some Vicks. : Mrgreen: )

On the other hand, she is from Normandy (several generations) and I from R.Alpes (several generations as well), so different genetic origins.

Perhaps a study by department or region is needed to see if local factors (ethnic origins, climate, etc.) can explain better resistance to the virus.
Indeed it is curious, perhaps careless because more of a mountaineer like me, you think you can resist the cold with practice, and you 'forget' to dress better when the cold comes? There was quite a threshold this year, we lost almost 15 degrees in a few days. The virus does not know it - but the cold extremely weakens the immune system because it solicits it all the time, the lack of sleep worsens - and as soon as the covid passes, it has a boulevard...

The women are sensitive to the cold (not all of them) and therefore they dress better.
0 x