Infrared: asbestos, 100000 dead in France by 2025?

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Infrared: asbestos, 100000 dead in France by 2025?

by Christophe » 29/01/10, 15:07

100 000 coffins, the asbestos scandal

Documentary. Written and directed by José Bourgarel.
Produced by the Company of lighthouses and beacons. With the participation of France Télévisions Pôle France 2. With the participation of CNC and Public Sénat.

100 000 deaths in France by 2025. Perhaps many more ...

Asbestos has killed, killed and will kill again. However, we could have avoided this slaughter, because we know for a long time that this material is carcinogenic, so fatal. But it has been allowed, if not encouraged, to be used for decades. Why ? How was such a public health scandal possible in a country like ours? How could the asbestos lobby be stronger than the state? What do all those who try to make finally recognize their ordeal by justice? And what is the situation today? 100 000 coffins, the scandal of asbestos dissects the biggest scandal of public health that knew our country ... and which is far from being finished.

http://programmes.france2.fr/documentai ... brique=689

3 extracts from documentary to see here

I zap on it, pity we did not talk about it before because I would have recorded ...

A mind-boggling doc that says that the dangers of asbestos were widely assumed as early as the 30 years and that in 1965 the US ended clinical studies proving the dangerousness of black and white.

In France, as we have no oil but we have big assholes, the asbestos industry gathered in an informal group (non-legalized existance) the CPA: Asbestos Standing Committee that has the whole French system for 30 years on behalf of industrial asbestos and who has (and will still) slaughtered thousands of people!

It's to stack ... look at it, because I'm disgusted ...

So if we do that for asbestos whose economic weight is really ridiculous compared to other areas of activity ... imagine what we can do for these areas?

So the next one who is clever in saying that lobbies do not exist, beware of him!

Asbestos has been banned since 1997 for sale and is installed in France (not in the 4 / 5 remaining in the world) but no law requires the removal of asbestos.

It is estimated that a public building on 2 is infested ... including hospitals. And according to one of the doctors interviewed, a single exposure to asbestos dust of a few hours is enough to greatly increase the risk of cancer in 20-30 years ...

It is not 100 000 dead, it will be several million!

Watch the ceilings of your offices ... : Evil:

ps: the 2ieme doc http://programmes.france2.fr/documentai ... brique=692 concenrnait the deindustrialisation of the industry (heavy) French ... to gerber too.

Commercial courts that allow the looting of French industrial fabric and voluntary bankruptcy by foreign powers deserve only the utter contempt!

Why is there no national preference in the decisions of a commercial court? Because there should be ... just for the prosecution if the commitments are not kept ... We did not put in place positive discrimination in hiring?

Well, I'm going astray ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/01/10, 15:53

17 February 2009 - Asbestos: Afsset calls for a revision of the regulations to strengthen the protection of workers and the general population

The ministries in charge of ecology, labor and health approached the French Agency for Environmental and Occupational Health Safety (AFSSET) in February 2005 on the health risks of short fibers and fine fibers. asbestos not taken into account by the current regulations.

Afsset's expertise concludes that fine fibers have a significant carcinogenic effect. For short fibers, there is no reason to rule out a carcinogenic effect, even if current health data have many limitations of interpretation.

However, these short fibers predominate very widely in places where asbestos materials degrade and can not be ignored.

In view of these elements, the agency makes the following recommendations:

to better protect professionals, Afsset recommends lowering the current regulatory threshold (occupational exposure limit) and adding fine fibers to counting asbestos dust. To do this, the measurement must necessarily be done electron microscopy.
These more stringent rules would reduce the exposure of professionals to asbestos risk. In fact, adding the fine fibers to the count increases the number of fibers counted by 25%. In addition, the use of electron microscopy makes it possible to count the fine fibers and to identify precisely the nature of the asbestos fibers;

Afsset recommends lowering the current regulatory value of 5 fibers per liter, which defines the residual level allowed inside buildings. This value is used to trigger asbestos removal work.
This value was calculated on the basis of the pollution background of the 70 years. It had already decreased by an 10 factor in the early 90 years. It is important to update this limit value;

Afsset proposes to create a new specific regulatory threshold for short asbestos fibers, applicable in indoor environments (establishments receiving public ...).
This threshold will concern the situations of significant degradation of asbestos materials (asbestos vinyl tiles in corridors with high passages ...) that generate virtually only short fibers, sometimes in large quantities. These situations are not covered by the current regulations, which only include long fibers.

This expert report was made possible thanks to 3 years of critical analysis of the scientific literature, funding of a study on the toxicity of asbestos fibers according to their dimensions and 3 studies on the composition of clouds asbestos dust (indoor / outdoor environment, Paris agglomeration / Corsica, industrial sectors). The Afsset report publishes these data for the first time.

This report is also the result of 2 international days organized by Afsset to compare these results with experts from the international community coming from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA, USA), the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry ( ATSDR, USA), from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH, USA) ...

Afsset has conducted its work according to the principles of collective, transdisciplinary and independent expertise. It associated external scientists in a working group under the chairmanship of Professor Christophe Paris, professor of universities - hospital practitioner in occupational medicine and health in Nancy, and this work was reviewed by its committee of specialized experts on " aerial environment ", chaired by Dr. Christian Elichegaray, Head of the Air Department of the Agency for the Environment and Energy Management (Ademe).

The opinion, the summary and the report relating to the "Taking into account of the dimensional criterion for the characterization of the health risks related to the inhalation of asbestos" can be consulted on the site www.afsset.fr

Asbestos short fibers

The dangerousness of asbestos has been identified since the beginning of the 20th century, but the protection and prevention measures came later. In France, asbestos has been recognized as a source of occupational disease (asbestosis) in 1945. Its use has been regulated from 1977 after all forms of asbestos have been classified as carcinogenic by the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC). The total ban on all asbestos use has been adopted in 1997 in France and confirmed at European level by the 99 / 77 / CE directive, banning all extraction, manufacture, processing of asbestos fibers by January 1er at the latest. 2005.
asbestos short fibers

The regulatory provisions relating to the protection of the general and professional population against the risks associated with the inhalation of asbestos dust provide for measures of the level of dust in asbestos fibers. However, following a consensus adopted at the end of the 1960s within the WHO, only fibers whose length is greater than 5 microns, the width less than 3 microns and the length to width ratio greater than 3, are taken. taken into account in international regulations. Short asbestos fibers (FCA: length L <5 microns, diameter d <3 microns and L / d ratio ≥ 3) are therefore not measured in either professional or general environments. Fine asbestos fibers (FFA: L ≥ 5 microns, d <0,2 microns and L / d ≥ 3) are the subject of measurements in general outdoor and indoor environments, but are excluded from studies of “active” exposures at workstations.

In 2003, from Dodson et al. have challenged the scientific community on the possible pathogenicity of short asbestos fibers in a publication entitled "Asbestos fiber length as related to potential pathogenicity: a critical review", published in "American Journal of Industrial Medicine". This new data justifies various questions about the relevance of taking asbestos risks into account in regulations.

http://www.afsse.fr/index.php?pageid=717&parentid=424
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 29/01/10, 21:42

Phew you reassure me it's over asbestos.

There are no more lobbies to self-unite in a circle of people who allow themselves to think and make laws ...

When I think that some might relate this to the exceptions and tolerances allowed by the recent law to dilute radioactive waste in everyday consumer goods ... But what do you think? : Cry: : Cry:

oh lobby lobby doomed me lobby lobby
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/01/10, 23:33

Bohhh! What is 100 000 dead only in France!
It's quedale ... !!! Nothing to move or move a small lobby or a politic ...

What they say:

The asbestos producer:
officially:
"Asbestos is not a problem, you just need to know how to use it, and luckily I'm here to protect jobs and industry"

What they did not say: "You can not imagine the money we had to spend to grease all these politicians so that they let us flow our poison quietly"

Industrial:
officially:
"First of all, it's not forbidden, and besides, the occupational doctor told us nothing".

What they did not say: "We pay the occupational physician so that the workers are in good health voluntarily or by force, or even without knowing their own accord."

The lobby:
Officially: "I replace the failing state which does not know where the good of the people is".

What they did not say: "We managed to bamboozle everyone, the state, politicians, occupational medicine, unions and an arm of honor to all these stupid cancer patients, we and the producers have made a lot of money."

Occupational medicine:
Officially:
"We weren't too aware of it, and then if we don't have a law to prohibit, we don't prohibit, and then it's not an interesting subject of study, there is not even a budget".

What they did not say: "Besides, my employer pays me to find workers in good health, I care about my job".

The legislator :
Officially
"We weren't aware of it and when we found out we acted immediately"

What they did not say: "It's been just 90 years since the first doctor sounded the alarm, but we wisely preferred to pocket the generous donations of our friends the asbestos producers who could have lost a little money in this story, luckily we are there to defend the country's economy ".

The merdies
Officially:
Wow WowWow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow WowWow Wow,Wow, Wow

What they did not say: "These stories do not interest anyone, the old people who are dying in their corner .... we don't care. And then we don't work at the factory."

At this price ... pffff! We do not even make a crime record against humanity .....
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Did67

by Did67 » 30/01/10, 11:03

Me, not that I want to defend, but the media in great vigilantes, I can not stand it anymore!

- BSE and how many thousand deaths announced by Creutzfeld-Jacob disease ???? AND we forget ...

- H1N1 and how many thousands of deaths announced ?????? AND we forget ...

- SARS: how many thousands or millions announced ??????? And we forget ...

- Haiti: we talk about it as there are tens of thousands of deaths to announce (real, those - I specify it before someone falls on me) and then Porglio passes and we talk about millions of €

So the media: when they stop talking about "thousands" of possible deaths (and tell me about the reality of millions of people), I might deign to listen to them again ...

And relay their mobidity, it does not interest me anymore ...

It's a very personal joke because I'm force-fed.

That may be true, the announced deaths. I do not enter into this debate, because for now it is, for me, an assault morbid penchant more medals (Infrared being, I'm conais, rather better than others! )
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/02/10, 12:16

Do not be mistaken for didi debate ...

1) Nobody knows about BSE, like cancer and asbestos, they are "time bombs" ... at 20, 30 or 40 years old so your judgment is a little hasty there!

2) For the H1N1 (related to SARS for that matter), we know who the merdias worked for ...

3) For Haiti, it is very different. The media make money with disasters ... forgetting the essential.

Open a history book (uncensored as in France) and read what WE did to them ... as a "punishment" for their insurrection ...

If like me you do not have an uncensored history book, read http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ha%C3%AFti
http://www.alternatives-economiques.fr/ ... _7258.html

Why are there (almost) more trees in Haiti, tropical island with vegetation (originally) lush ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/02/10, 16:31

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/11, 09:58

Scandalous !! The French justice has invented the refundable compensation retro actively !! *

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/Region/actua ... iant.shtml

About three hundred asbestos victims will have to repay part of their compensation

The thread holding the sword of Damocles broke on Thursday afternoon. At the very moment when Jean-Louis Macouillard was learning the bad news to associations representing the victims of asbestos: "We lost. It is a very disappointing stop. For the moment, it concerns 17 victims of asbestos but it will make jurisprudence. In total, about 300 people will have to make between 5 000 and 15 000 euros. "...

The brutal end of a long judicial episode passed by the Court of Cassation before returning to the Court of Appeal of Douai yesterday. What happened ?

In the autumn of 2009, a judgment of the Court of Cassation - seized by the Fund for Compensation of Asbestos Victims (FIVA) - halves the scale of compensation. Former industry employees exposed to asbestos and compensated before this date have to repay some of the money they received.

This is followed by an outcry from the victims' associations who are appealing this decision. In pure loss. The judgment of the Court of Appeal dated Thursday is irrevocable: it will have to pay back. To the chagrin of representatives of asbestos victims.

Pierre Pluta is the president of the Regional Asbestos Victims Association. He does not regret: "It is dramatic for many victims who have waited years for a fair compensation. They will find themselves facing great financial difficulties in addition to their health problems. "

Martine Lecerf, legal secretary of the Asbestos Prevention and Repair Committee (CAPER) is on the verge of tears: "It's amazing, my legs are cut off. I am angry and hateful. It's a real disaster for families. We do not know yet how long FIVA will ask them to pay back. And the legal secretary adds, "Thousands, thousands, and thousands of people have been exposed in the region. We lose about thirty members each year (on 900). There are ten deaths a day in France And that's what we do to them! These are people who suffer in their skin and in their heads, it's amazing. "

"Overflows"

Claude Tange, of the CGT Asbestos Victims Association, even fears acts of violence: "The most serious in this history is the FIVA which seizes the Court of Cassation. It's still a body supposed to pay the victims ... In the assemblies, people were already very up because of that. Now, there will be big anger in the air. I fear overflowing at future events. Demonstrations that the victims' associations are already putting in place.

This is what happens in a country where the economic and financial power wants to get their hands on justice ... and in a context of so-called "austerity" (austerity for us but especially not for "them")

* ah no there was already a precedent a few months ago with European subsidies to repay for producers of French fruit and vegetables ... It was planned but I do not know if it was finally done ... We spoke no decision of justice in any case at the time!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/10/11, 11:23

Scandalous, retroactive, we can kill a very large number of people with impunity by making fun of them, like 10 dead per day and 3700 per year and well over a hundred thousand on 20 30 years (without count the dead patients without knowing the cause of their death) !!!

We have spent billions of euros against terrorism for just a few deaths per decade in France, and almost nothing for the victims faint of contempt industry!

It is the same contempt in chemistry, in food additives, in nuclear which multiplies diseases !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/11, 11:34

10 + ...

On the other hand, road accidents and terrorism are talked about in the massmerdias!
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "