Check the color of your toothpaste for your health

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Christophe

Check the color of your toothpaste for your health

by Christophe » 17/09/13, 13:01

Info found on FB (therefore to be checked): would the toothpaste tubes be marked with a color according to their more or less chemical composition?

Green: natural
Blue: natural + medicine
Red: natural + chemical
Black: pure chemical

I checked at home: I have 2 "blue" tubes ... and yours?
It still smells of hoax ... certainly a manufacturing color code ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 17/09/13, 21:20

This kind of info smells of intoxication ...
For me it is simply a "spot" which is used to wedge the machine which manufactures the tubes, so that the printed side is well positioned in relation to the shape of the tube.
The color of said spot is variable according to the colors used to print the rest of the support, and chooses according to that which gives the most contrast (the cell responsible for detecting this spot is a contrast cell)
I worked in packaging (food) so it's a subject I know pretty well!
You will find these spots on almost all of the packaging paper / plastics that are pre-printed before making the packaging itself.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/13, 21:31

(so to check)

QED ... : Cheesy:

It may be a spot as you know the job, but in the photo the tube on the left and the one on the right use similar colors ... so?

And my 2 "blue" tubes do not have the same color range at all.
I found a third one ... blue too and even note about the colors ...

Anyway, let's keep digging!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 17/09/13, 22:39

it depends on the colors used for printing.
I think it's rare that we use a four-color process for a tube of toothpaste (it's more expensive)
The color chosen for the spot is therefore the one that offers the most contrast among the color palette used for printing (do not forget that some may be offset prints)

You should also know that generally the contrast cells use green light to make the detection, if necessary we can also switch to red light.
So normally the printer chooses the color that offers the most contrast under a green light. The best is naturally black, and if there is none we go to red, etc ...

Take a good look at your tubes, I doubt you will find one with a green mark if there is no other impression of this color on the tube. Ditto for the other colors.
The mark will never be of a color which is not present elsewhere on the tube.
Take a good look at your tubes, try to see what is / are the color (s) used for printing and then determine which one offers the best contrast under green light. You will see that the mark at the end of the tube will be this color ...

You can also have fun, in the toothpaste department of your favorite supermarket, look for the tubes which do not use the blue color for example and see if you find one which has a blue mark ... ditto for the other colors, but I think you will look for a long time
: Cheesy:
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 17/09/13, 22:45

Good evening, it would also be a benchmark for putting the right product, the tube can be used for something other than toothpaste.
The first task was to find an identifying mark that would unambiguously tell the vision system if the tube it just filled with a certain product was, in fact, labeled for that product. If not, the tube should be removed from the production line. Each tube carries such an identifying mark, which is silk-screened onto it along with the rest of the label. Called an “eye mark,” this identifying mark is a small rectangle printed at the edge of a tube's seal end (see Fig. 1).

http://www.vision-systems.com/articles/ ... ality.html
Last edited by gildas the 17 / 09 / 13, 22: 57, 1 edited once.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 17/09/13, 22:49

0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 17/09/13, 22:57

Gildas wrote:Good evening, it would actually be a benchmark to put the right product, the tube can be used for something other than toothpaste.
The first task was to find an identifying mark that would unambiguously tell the vision system if the tube it just filled with a certain product was, in fact, labeled for that product. If not, the tube should be removed from the production line. Each tube carries such an identifying mark, which is silk-screened onto it along with the rest of the label. Called an “eye mark,” this identifying mark is a small rectangle printed at the edge of a tube's seal end (see Fig. 1).

http://www.vision-systems.com/articles/ ... ality.html

So that's just anything too.
I repeat once again, these marks are just "spots" which are used to calibrate the position of the image in relation to the shape of the tube (so that it is not on the side, or cut in the middle by the welding)
I worked 5 years in the packaging industry, and anyone else with a little experience in this field will confirm it.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 17/09/13, 23:13

The site that there is in my message is also mentioned in the link that you put above ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/09/13, 08:57

It is not because it is written on the internet that it is true (the proof)

The optical recognition of these marks is an example of a diverted use which can be made of this one.
In this factory, or on this production line, they found it a good way to get rid of a poorly packaged product.
But that is not the reason for these brands.

On packaging lines, it is often necessary to find tips to rule out non-compliant products. And it is rarely possible to add / modify distinctive marks (you are not going to tell the production that they have to throw away their million tubes of stock and have others redone, with additional costs, just to add a brand you would need, you do with what you have: here they found that recognizing the shape / color of this spot was a good way of differentiating with regard to the different tubes used)

Where I worked, on a packaging line, we packed a product in paper and then in a box. But we often had the problem with the lid of the box which "popped", so the product was not properly packaged.
He had to find a way to get rid of his poorly packaged products.
With a technical sales representative from an optical cell manufacturer, we noticed that the box was covered with stain, but the paper was not. He therefore proposed a cell capable of detecting this stain. thanks to that, we were able to put in place a system that discards poorly packaged products.
But if there is stain on the box it is good for an aesthetic aspect and not to allow the detection of boxes without cover.
It is wrong to say "if there is lasurant on the box, it is to detect those which do not have a lid" even if the detection of this one is useful for the packaging process.
It is the same for these brands: Their primary function is the positioning of the image printed on the tube relative to it. But it is not excluded that on certain lines have made another use of it complementary
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 18/09/13, 09:04

IRONIC MODE: : Cheesy:

I looked at my wife's toothpaste tube, the famous brand is purple, what does that mean?
(the printing on this tube uses 2 colors: light gray and purple)
0 x