Domestic and / or occupational accidents

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).

What are you doing to prevent accidents?

The poll expired on 15 / 02 / 14, 18: 52

At work (like at home) I am attentive to pre-accident situations
60%
In the operating mode of my work, prevention is an obligation
no votes
At work, we observe “incidents” well before arriving at a critical solution
no votes
Our company practices a little "prevention culture" without more
20%
We practice top down / bottom up (reporting critical situations and monitoring)
no votes
We take care of ergonomics according to safety
no votes
We have a "method manager" and he teaches us all of the strategies
20%

Total votes: 5
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Domestic and / or occupational accidents

by Obamot » 23/05/11, 19:52

Nowadays, the first slogan which should be taken into account in your professional activities as much as in private life should be:

Safety First - Safety first

I start this survey with a sad news item:

The Associated Press, 23.05.2011/XNUMX/XNUMX wrote:Spanish cyclist Xavier Tondo dies from beast accident

[Stuck by his garage door] detail at the bottom of this post.

This sad news could have been avoided with the application of simple security measures. By establishing protocols that become automatic: such as systematically placing a chock under the wheels on sloping ground (even slight). Especially in the context of a sport or a profession that constantly suggests "new situations" that must be managed ...

But who does it?

This accident reminds us that as "Developers of innovative solutions" in the field of econology. Everything must be done to avoid the accident by managing, the pre-accident => so that the accident never reaches the "critical" situation ...

And you, what do you do in everyday life, in terms of accident prevention?

If you do not fit into any of the categories, please specify it in your post. Thank you.

================================================

The Associated Press, 23.05.2011/XNUMX/XNUMX wrote:MADRID - Spanish runner Xavier Tondo, winner of the 2011 edition of the Tour of Castile and Leon, died on Monday, crushed by his car against the door of a garage he was trying to open near Granada, in the south of the country, announced a spokesman for the Civil Guard.
He said the 32-year-old racer got out of his vehicle to try to open the garage door.
His car then rolled forward, wedging it against the door. According to the spokesperson, another person was occupying the passenger seat at the front of the vehicle at the time of the tragedy.
Radio Cadena SER clarified that Tondo was in the company of runner Benat Intxausti and that the two men were to leave to train with Alejandro Valverde in the Sierra Nevada mountain range.
On the announcement of his death, Alberto Contador, triple winner of the Tour de France and current leader in the general classification of the Giro in Italy, sent on Twitter his “sincere condolences to his family”, greeting a “sensational man who loved this sport like nobody".
"I'll miss you a lot. Rest in peace, ”he wrote.
Tondo was to start the next Tour de France under the colors of its new Movistar team.
The Spanish cycling federation said he had won 14 races during his career.

At the beginning of 2011, he had helped dismantle a doping network in Spain by warning the police following emails received asking him to buy banned products such as EPO, clenbuterol, ...
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 23/05/11, 20:15

I am not in the context of this (independent ..) survey, but I still replied.

[HS mode (albeit ..) ON]

Let natural selection be done, there are already too many of us : Mrgreen:

[HS OFF mode]

0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/05/11, 20:31

There are precautions emergency extremely important to take at once in the event of a work accident in an administration. We cannot repeat enough:

First we remove our hands from the accident victim's pockets, .... then we advise to declare the industrial accident.

0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/05/11, 21:15

The stupid accident ... I hope the "person" didn't play the handbrake release joke ... without being able to put it back!

:| :|

You forgot an Obamot option: idleness (= limitation of the risk of accidents by definition) : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/05/11, 22:46

... not the heart attack, obesity, osteoporosis, diabetes etc ... Finally idleness is the maximum risk ... (long term). Our "physiological machine" is made to achieve a minimum of daily performance ... (even if I saw that you put TWO emoticons ....)

I had forgotten at least five others, but I couldn't do it ... because the [X] button disappeared.

And to my amazement, there is no possibility of offering "multiple choice"... It is a shame not to have activated this option, which can be very useful (I had to modify the drafting somewhat) ...

Here are the ones I could have added:
- Our company does nothing (I do nothing at home) nothing has happened yet ..
- Our company has good RC insurance ...
My business takes no action, but I watch out for myself ...
- I am a temporary worker and was not briefed by the company on the risks.
- No opinion on the question / don't know

(I will come back to your answers later)
Last edited by Obamot the 23 / 05 / 11, 23: 00, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/05/11, 22:56

Ah ah ah always quibble! Here are 2 (3?) Candidates for infarction: https://www.econologie.com/forums/post203490.html#203490

For the survey you are entitled to 10 answers there have never been multiple choices possible here.

You can edit your message very well ... X is to delete it!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/05/11, 03:45

20000 deaths per year, 5 times the automobile !!
Dogs can bite children !!
I start on my grandchildren, explaining to them repeatedly, as soon as they walk, do not put my fingers in the hinges, bump into the corners of furniture, do not run in the street with cars and panic like chickens, be careful not to swallow or fiddle with anything, pots, etc. to make them aware of the dangers!

For me, I check that the ladder is very stable by climbing on it by jumping to see if it moves or slides, by attaching it to a stake down at the top too (the son of a neighbor died as well of a ladder that slides up to 2m!)
I check my seat on my feet with a chainsaw, dangerous machine !!
In a tree, in the air, I never use it, the chainsaw, too dangerous, I saw by hand even the big branches !! (good bodybuilding exercise)
I saw neighbors like that in the trees, not very alert, which scared me, with their chainsaw !!
I attach myself on the trees and the roofs with harness !!
The dangerous branches or trees (in windfall) that I cut that could fall on me by unexpected movement, are partially cut and then pulled with a rope at a good distance (10m) and a 2-ton hand winch.
I even mounted the chainsaw at the end of a 3m long rod !!
Result i'm still alive after repeated 20m cutting of trees after the 1999 storm surge and numerous prunings in the trees and even having straightened 10m tall trees very heavy with jacks and winches !!
I have seen pros, who do not take enough precautions against the unexpected, perfectly predictable !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/05/11, 23:11

Overall everyone seems to be paying attention!

Of course an independent can answer ... He is even more concerned than others, since in principle "he does not have the right to fall ill, nor to have an accident". Many SMEs could close quickly, if they no longer had their manager ...

Flytox wrote:There are precautions emergency extremely important to take at once in the event of a work accident in an administration. We cannot repeat enough:

First we remove our hands from the accident victim's pockets, .... then we advise to declare the industrial accident.

Humor is also an excellent educational method to motivate yourself to be more careful ...

0 x
Beautymist
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Beautymist » 27/05/11, 07:17

Hello,

for the condom, my favorite advertising slogan is:

"preserve everything except love".

: Mrgreen:

Otherwise, I am independent, I pay attention to domestic accidents (since I work from home) and I fight against sedentary lifestyle and urban life every day by walking for an hour by the river ...

BM
0 x
- Elegance begins with simplicity. Anonymous.
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/05/11, 20:04

Drifts of the system with the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment:

It happened very recently at the factory, a turner is injured (cuts his fingertip) by removing a recalcitrant and inaccessible chip (not serious), but he still goes to the infirmary for treatment, as provided for by the procedure. (classic).

On the job description, it is clearly specified that he must use gloves.
The nurse takes care of him, does his writing and the companion returns to work in turn ...

The next day arrives the chef, the sur chef, the quality, the health and safety committee, to see the companion. The injured turner takes his head full of reproaches, accused of irresponsible behavior, of not knowing how to use safety equipment, he is even threatened "this could be a reason for dismissal".

The companion may explain that delicate handling can not be done with gloves .... he is taken for a con. All this beautiful areopagus ends up dispersing happy with its blow.

Conclusion of the companions, .... they will no longer go to the infirmary (except last end).

Everyone is happy, the chief with his indicator of accidents at work which will remain green (Ho! Hey! He has a career to do), The Health and Safety Commission will have spread the word ..., the companion is not will throw more like a dog (hope gives life) if he no longer goes to the infirmary, the quality will have applied a written procedure and therefore justified its content, the sur chef will have played the big arms (do not disdain a good opportunity to get a good erection by going down a companion).
: Cry: :x : Shock:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "