Domestic and / or occupational accidents

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).

What are you doing to prevent accidents?

The poll expired on 15 / 02 / 14, 18: 52

At work (like at home) I am attentive to pre-accident situations
60%
In the operating mode of my work, prevention is an obligation
no votes
At work, we observe “incidents” well before arriving at a critical solution
no votes
Our company practices a little "prevention culture" without more
20%
We practice top down / bottom up (reporting critical situations and monitoring)
no votes
We take care of ergonomics according to safety
no votes
We have a "method manager" and he teaches us all of the strategies
20%

Total votes: 5
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/05/11, 20:42

You are describing an irresponsible attitude, which can even lead to much more serious, by challenging terrain or even more serious negligence!
This is not how we create the “Culture of prevention” in a business, but by encouragement.

An accident IS an accident.

The employee will not go to court for that, because he would lose his job, but it is totally inadmissible to use "prevention" as a means of retaliation: inadmissible.

In addition, the company mismanaged, because it was not aware of this procedure, while it has the responsibility of mastering the entire industrial process.

I would change boxes ... And then report them to their accident insurance company and the labor inspectorate.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 27/05/11, 21:15

Obamot wrote:You are describing an irresponsible attitude, which can even lead to much more serious, by challenging terrain or even more serious negligence!
This is not how we give birth to the "Prevention cultureIn a business, but by encouragement.

The culture is that of the indicator, it must be green whatever the means to be used to achieve it. It is not the actual result that is judged but the indicator. Whether it is relevant or not, is not the priority. Besides, the "good" leader is the one who creates his own indicator, it is much easier to be able to bottle it up. (A bit like those of road safety) : Mrgreen:

In addition, the company mismanaged, because it was not aware of this procedure, while it has the responsibility of mastering the entire industrial process.

Everyone has done their job ... it's "just" de humanized.

:frown:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/05/11, 22:49

Domestic accidents are worse than professional, or road, in number of accidents, and there no chiefs, nor radars. !!

So making a list to be careful is useful, because often we are not aware of it, or we underestimate it !!

Especially for young and old, but even adults and not old, we are not careful enough.

Also, exercise enough, or be too heavy, to stay alert, so that a simple fall does not break a hip or a bone !!
Nor to die from it, by falling from a ladder which has slipped on the ground, being only 2m from the ground, like one of my neighbors who is too obese, thus dead on a badly calibrated ladder.

This is our old case, with my wife, grandparents, we slide and we have nothing !!
I see a lot of old people who do not respect this basic principle.

Do not believe that taking calcium strengthens bones !!
False !!
Read walter Willett:
Heavy calcium intake does not prevent fractures
http://www.lanutrition.fr/bien-dans-son ... tures.html
The sun a little, yes, gives vitamin D, and above all, get enough exercise and eat a balanced diet, a bit of everything without excess !!

The mother of one of my beautiful daughters was thus tricked !!
She ate lots of cheese and milk, and is forbidden to eat it, because damaged joints, with too much bone that grows crooked by arthritis !!
Too late for her !!

But she avoided breast cancer, because the more we eat young milk, the more we grow (cow hormones) and the more we end up being and the more risk of breast or prostate cancer:

This error continues unchanged in France with useless deaths, and claims, as false as the iron of the spinach of Popaye !!

Read the book :
Our Daily Poison:
by Marie Monique Robin ed discovery Arte
With a recent Arte show !!
The bisphenol A that soaks us is a time bomb !!
Aspartame is a poison and therefore avoid anything that is light or light !!

Also read the scientific results of epidemics compared across the world by Walter Willett looking at the experimental disease curves based on what we eat:
http://www.hondafoundation.jp/library/p ... p106_e.pdf
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... fgeSoT.pdf

https://www.econologie.com/forums/post203992.html#203992
Very instructive to guide us on our choices and live older.
Last edited by dedeleco the 18 / 03 / 12, 17: 09, 2 edited once.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/06/11, 07:43

Hello,
This morning, I thought of this post.
And I told myself that the risk of accidents has been multiplied endlessly since the birth of the industrial era.
I told myself that it is very difficult to find a job that is not dangerous.
We live longer in "rich" countries, but we are constantly faced with the risk of accidents.
It was not the case 300 years ago.
The question is "is it all worth it"?
Personally I don't have the answer. :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/06/11, 13:38

300 years ago the risks were very different, but much greater in reality !!
Many more famines, very cold weather, the Seine and the Thames frozen for weeks, illnesses, plagues, floods, accidents due to lack of means and exploitation of poor men (slaves, or quasi-slaves like serfs), how many dead to build the Palace of Versailles, there were over 300 years of accidents, marsh diseases, etc., no information, even less awareness.

So we must not regret the past which was much worse 300 years ago !!

We must still progress, be aware of the dangers and act to protect ourselves from them.

170 years ago birth in a hospital was at very very high risk with 1/3 of women dying, because doctors made autopsies of the dead and went to give birth without washing their hands, believing in the official theory of spontaneous generation !!
See on google Semmelweiss !!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/06/11, 17:26

Yep, but an example: the car kills 1.3 million people worldwide every year, and injures 40 times more people.
Okay, 300 years ago, there were fewer people on earth
: Cheesy:
Electricity: 200 dead per year in France, and a few thousand injured.
Drug iatrogenesis: 18000 deaths each year in France.
World War II: 45 million dead in 4 years (high-tech weapons)
Ultimately, war is the greatest scourge.

: Cheesy: DD, I cheated, we cannot put war on these figures.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/06/11, 18:06

DD, I’m overflowing a bit,
But about medoc, thanks to vaccines, we save millions of people.
But on the flip side, now there are too many people on earth.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/06/11, 18:31

lejustemilieu wrote:But on the flip side, now there are too many people on earth.

Above all, there is too much inequality ... and "a little" too much consumption (in the broad sense) on the part of some ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/06/11, 18:42

lejustemilieu wrote:World War II: 45 million dead in 4 years (high-tech weapons)
Ultimately, war is the greatest scourge.

Uh already WWII officially lasted 2 years, closer to 6 years if you take the funny war, and not 5 ...

After good it is true that it officially lasted only about 2 years in cumulative for France (1939-1940 and 1944-1945) and still am not sure for the 2nd period ... well it's not the subject!

Your statement is completely false! The greatest scourge of humanity is junk food AND malnutrition ... and it always has been!

Currently: https://www.econologie.com/forums/alimentati ... 10399.html

Malnutrition = 35 million deaths per year
Junk food = 35 million deaths per year

Total = 70 million / year!

Junk food is a recent phenomenon (say after World War II, but especially after the 2s I think ...) but malnutrition has "always" hit humanity ... until roughly speaking mechanized agriculture thanks to petroleum (energy and chemicals).

We can even say without making too many mistakes that where malnutrition no longer exists, junk food (and / or over-food) which has replaced it.

It is even astonishing that the figures at world level are the same! But it's almost logical: 1 billion is hungry, 1 billion eats too much ... (the calories of those who are hungry ...) hence my remark on inequalities ...

You will find a complete subject on the subject here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/alimentati ... 10399.html

So even as a% of the world population, it is much more than the 50/6 = 8.33 million per year of the 2nd World War! Because we are not 70 / 8.3 = 8.4 times more humans on earth than in 1940 ...

It joins what I wanted to say, without daring to say it in my previous message: any biotope is self-regulating ... The earth has already started ... :|
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/06/11, 18:56

It is not the dead who are to be counted in prevention ...

Over time, we have learned all too well how to dissect the origin of the problems with "The tree of causes". At this point it is very late to do anything ...

No, what would be wise to count would be all accidents avoided "thanks to ..." by the detection of pre-accident and the countermeasures then taken so that it does not happen again, and that it is effective to record in a monitoring register (as do more and more private and public companies) done regularly and ideally used in a “prevention culture” program (in training, for example) this pays off.

This is what it would be good to count! :D

What are the limits of early prevention benchmarking?
I'm going to give you a few non-exhaustive leads, because in the world we live in, you must also have that in mind ... as a precaution.
It is important not to fall into the opposite excess. Do like the ricans, who use prevention management for other purposes, such as to increase additional control over employees, or use it as a means of pressure to gain productivity (with correlative iatrogenic effects, such as appearance of musculoskeletal pathology, even psychiatric disorders ...) Or even put pressure on a chat chat job.

If this happens to you, you must quickly change jobs (I have also experienced this and have witnessed it through forms of mobbing).

They recreate, for example, crisis situations (management by crisis) or even perpetual reforms to strike employees and put them “in danger”, with the sole aim of squeezing them like lemons (after which they throw, turnover being expired ...)

We see this drift in the first place in armies, where soldiers are pushed to the limit, and where it is recreated from scratch: accident-causing situations and other disasters see simulated conflicts in real situations with dead men, to "Perpetually mobilize the attention of the troops" in order to recreate a "situation of perpetual crisis", moreover very iatrogenic in practice and of course fatal) : Evil:

I do not need to specify its application in the context of "the war on terror" I know it scares the hell! We even saw the scenario repeat itself with the so-called spontaneous "Arab Spring", remote-controlled by the CIA : Shock:
0 x

Back to "Health and Prevention. Pollution, causes and effects of environmental risks "