You wanted expensive diesel: this is it

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 26/05/08, 23:57

I especially believe that there is one important thing that escapes our policies : Cheesy:
not everyone lives in Paris : Cheesy:
at home the train, metro and bus strikes, we really don't care, it's things we know very little about : Cheesy:
if you have a job you need a car to go there ...
if you don't have a job you need a car to respond to the convocations of the ANPE which is at 12 terminals ....
the more we desert the countryside the more oil we consume ....
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 27/05/08, 09:49

It's not wrong, but it is also in the countryside that there are many possibilities for "green" cars with low autonomy:
Let me explain because, said like that, it seems a little weird:
In the provinces, or even in the distant suburbs, there are a lot of people who have 2 cars: the big one for Monsieur's work and the holidays. The little one for Madame's job.

One of the 2 cars usually does very few kms per day
=> an electric / pneumatic / other car could very well do the trick.

(this can obviously also do the business of Parisians, but those who have a car generally only have one, and they want to go on vacation with it, which is conceivable, even if it is not unmountable)
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 27/05/08, 14:16

georges100 wrote:[...] if you do not have a job you need a car to answer the convocations of the ANPE which is at 12 terminals ....
the more we desert the countryside the more oil we consume ....
12 km, this is typically the case where an eBike is very suitable ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/08, 14:34

georges100 wrote:the more we desert the countryside the more oil we consume ....

This is precisely a remark opposite to the "ecological" thesis of geographical grouping: https://www.econologie.com/forums/sauve-la-p ... t5398.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/05/08, 14:44

Knowing that things are complicated and very subtle, because urban overconcentration induces very intense automobile pollution (noise, gas emissions), much more than rural areas which quietly make 10 terminals in the countryside.

On this side, a full-hybridization of the vehicle fleet would eliminate noise and pollution, but not traffic jams. :P
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 27/05/08, 14:49

This is precisely a remark opposite to the "ecological" thesis of geographical grouping: https://www.econologie.com/forums/sauve-la-p ... t5398.html

I'm not sure how to understand the sentence (is geographic grouping my theory?)

But in any case I am going completely in the direction of Georges.

Because when I say dense urban center it is not necessarily huge megalopolises, on the contrary it is to avoid sprawling cities. But it can very well adapt to villages with a real "village center" with school, bakery, butcher, post office, and other local shops possibly ANPE ;-) but in any case economic activity also for work local etc. Or the passage of markets from village center to village center.

But no completely dead dormitory villages where everyone goes to work in the next town 20 km away and is just happy not to need to talk to their neighbor thanks to their beautiful wire mesh dividing wall.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/08, 14:54

Yes it's "your" theory ... or rather the post you made ... but don't take my sentence badly, there was nothing ugly about it ...

You cannot concentrate populations in a minimum of space (or rather on a surface as small as possible) while not contributing to the desertification of the countryside ...

I am wrong?
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 27/05/08, 15:01

Well if you take all the people who are too far from city centers --- those who typically drive their errands in the shopping centers of the industrial zone which are real small towns on their own but just good for shopping and shopping. mac do.

And you scatter them in the centers of small towns and villages which would then start to live again. I would almost be afraid of the opposite problem overpopulating the countryside, but there is always a happy medium to be struck. Okay in practice it's certainly more complicated, but you have to at least be aware that it would go in the "right direction".
Last edited by nonoLeRobot the 27 / 05 / 08, 15: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/05/08, 15:01

Yes Christophe, obviously 8)

We are part of a vast debate on land use planning from an econological point of view. :D
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 27/05/08, 15:15

when i was talking about desetification i was talking about infrastructure ...
of the inhabitants there are some, the famous "neoruraux" ..... recognizable by their 4X4 campaign obliges : Cheesy:

the lively countryside I have known .... in my youth we lived roughly on the territory of 3 villages, the most distant workers took advantage of free buses provided by companies

but it seems that it was not profitable and that modernism required the development of cities : Cheesy:
0 x