Why is today's economy not the same as yesterday?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Why is today's economy not the same as yesterday?

by Ahmed » 11/01/22, 13:04

Anaya, when you quote try to use the function "quote": you copy the sentence and you make "paste", "alt", "quote", for example. It will be more readable for everyone.

Education is an integral part of capital, as a means of its reproduction, bourdieu talked about it a lot. Intelligence being hard to estimate and easy to imitate with some skill backed by proper education, so many are deluded. The search for wealth is a social determinism, and those who do it often do not know what to do with it once they have reached it; he therefore tends to reproduce other determinisms, for example, he buys a young and dear woman to show off his fortune and also because biologically other determinisms are at play: young and "beautiful" * women are fertile. For women, it is indeed an opportunity to promote another form of "capital", quite volatile (sic!), Against a more substantial ...

Note: your example is funny because Marx had already mentioned it to explain that money had the capacity to make the handsome the ugly rich ...
* The "beauty" refers here to the visible characteristics of a good reproductive capacity: developed breast (breastfeeding) and marked hips (this last anatomical point favors childbirth, a very delicate process in the human species because of the disposition a basin adapted to the vertical station).
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/01/22, 14:34

To come back to the original subject, Anaya, you distinguish a form of economy "from yesterday" and a "from today"; the first would be the work of peripheral countries and the second that of developed centers. In reality, it is not a question of old or new forms, but of the same type of globalized economy at different stages depending on the geographical location; if we consider the fact that competition between countries induces these differences between those who control the most profitable and innovative sectors and those which follow, as they can, more or less far behind.
Some countries have in the past undertaken a "reset" of their economy to catch up (compared to the standards of more "advanced" countries), this is called "catching up modernization". It supposes first of all a strict control of imports so as not to be doomed to failure, then a forced "economy" of the people and the passage from an agrarian economy to one oriented towards industry; this is what was practiced in particular in Russia with the revolution of the beginning of the XX century, more recently in Korea, in Japan, then in China.
What is important is that the progressive decay of the world economy is striking today inside "rich" countries and this is what explains the movements of identity / nationalist withdrawal and the growing desire to s '' free from European directives and more generally from contestation of globalization.
1 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/01/22, 17:50

anaya wrote:For the rest, what are you talking about? Amounts of wealth amassed? What does this phrase "the same ugly rich look for gorgeous women" do in there?

The richer the parents, the better their education. Knowledge is more important than wealth, but wealth allows more knowledge than wisdom allows wealth Quote from a philosopher who has neither tail nor head : Mrgreen:
The rich look for a beautiful, powerful and intelligent woman, women rather marry the rich for security.

Another proposal:
Why do very beautiful women only marry insignificant men?
This is because smart men don't marry overly beautiful women ....
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 11/01/22, 18:05

Flytox wrote:
anaya wrote:For the rest, what are you talking about? Amounts of wealth amassed? What does this phrase "the same ugly rich look for gorgeous women" do in there?

The richer the parents, the better their education. Knowledge is more important than wealth, but wealth allows more knowledge than wisdom allows wealth Quote from a philosopher who has neither tail nor head : Mrgreen:
The rich look for a beautiful, powerful and intelligent woman, women rather marry the rich for security.

Another proposal:
Why do very beautiful women only marry insignificant men?
This is because smart men don't marry overly beautiful women ....
: Mrgreen:

Would that mean that I am insignificant or that my wife is not beautiful? : Lol:
1 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 11/01/22, 18:11

Ahmed wrote:What is important is that the progressive decay of the world economy is striking today inside "rich" countries and this is what explains the movements of identity / nationalist withdrawal and the growing desire to s '' free from European directives and more generally from contestation of globalization.

Everything is linked but the first reason for the identity / nationalist withdrawal would be the loss of power felt by people because of neoliberalism / globalization to whom we have given power.
We no longer have any significant and local decision-making power.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/01/22, 19:18

It is a different formulation, but the substance is identical ... It would be showing great naivety to think that only globalization is responsible for this dispossession: more fundamentally it is the empowerment of the economy that is the root cause; its extension to the world is only one of its attributes which makes this dispossession both more total and more visible. There is a machine in which we put our finger and the rest follows logically ...
1 x
mother
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mother » 12/01/22, 14:30

"the rich same ugly seek magnificent women"

What is left after : Mrgreen:
there are not 1 billion rich very rich on earth

: Shock: ordinary people have eyes, they have a level of education that allows them to live decently. :D
There are happy billionaires others not the most important is happiness, not to have married a beautiful woman : Mrgreen: .And if she is indeed beautiful and makes you happy, what could be better? Well, a job is better I would say .. : Mrgreen: Another incomprehensible thing.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 12/01/22, 15:12

There is no "happiness" in marrying a beautiful or ugly woman, there is possible happiness when you find the woman you love and who loves you. : roll:
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 12/01/22, 21:05

anaya wrote:"the rich same ugly seek magnificent women" and if it is the woman who is rich: dandies, appolons-casanovas? : Idea:

What is left after : Mrgreen:
there are not 1 billion rich very rich on earth

: Shock: ordinary people have eyes, they have a level of education that allows them to live decently. :D
There are happy billionaires others not the most important is happiness, not to have married a beautiful woman : Mrgreen: or a handsome man? : Idea: .And if she/ he : Idea: is indeed beautiful /beautiful : Idea: and make happy (X) what better? Well a job is better I would say .. : Mrgreen: Another incomprehensible thing.
I hope at least that you understand that others do not share your logic !? What is “beauty” or what “wealth” are we talking about?
1 x
mother
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mother » 13/01/22, 18:35

Hello,
it's a bit caricatural what I actually said. Wealth? It varies according to different economic thoughts (in the Middle Ages I will be poor while I am middle class) and the approach taken to analyze it. But in general, wealth refers to the situation of abundance, whether in material or immaterial goods; their economic and cultural capital and their address book allows them in themselves to have a better chance of finding an interested girl. The value of their economic performance is therefore what they represent on the scale of an institution. This is my definition... One can be rich and ruined... But continue the worldly way of life. ..
0 x