What is money?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What is money?

by eclectron » 22/12/19, 19:07

Christophe wrote:Ah no you cool there! : Cheesy:

It's the blood of the economy that you need for the forum ? : Wink:
0 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/12/19, 19:12

Yes but still not ... try again! : Cheesy:

In fact all of your answers are good but it's not the fundamental of what money is ...
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 22/12/19, 19:46

Bof, money is nothing other than an acknowledgment of debt, trivialized and exchangeable because "certified" by a higher authority; it obviously only works under the condition of a trust (imposed and / or accepted) in this authority ... Just as obviously, money only reflects the social relations which structure this higher authority, and serves all the inherent relations of domination to the company that formalizes it ...

It will be noted that, in fine, it reflects, on average, the "value" of social work in the geographical area where it circulates (which in no way prevents the phenomena of speculation, financial capitalization, expropriation ... that we know since it has existed.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/12/19, 20:07

bardal wrote:It will be noted that, in fine, it reflects, on average, the "value" of social work in the geographical area where it circulates (which in no way prevents the phenomena of speculation, financial capitalization, expropriation ... that we know since it has existed.

Here! I think you found: money is just HUMAN work. It's nothing else ...

Money buys X human labor time! X varying according to the human in question! We pay neither animals nor nature ...

It's a bit like the principle of Russian dolls; the price of almost everything being set by the number of intermediaries who helped make this thing (or service)

If we apply this aphorism to the world of finance then it becomes, very very, inhuman!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/12/19, 20:45

Money neutrality is only an appearance, but the second point that you address, Bardal, is interesting: the value of working time is relative to the productivity of the moment (whatever the location for international goods): if I take a month to produce a good with reduced means, I can only hope to sell it at the price of its industrial manufacture, except to attribute a specific quality to it resulting from this particular mode (which is another pair of sleeves!).
Christophe, you will note that there is an exception to your colossal discovery :D , which is the rent ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/12/19, 21:37

Ahmed wrote:Christophe, you will note that there is an exception to your colossal discovery :D , which is the rent ...

How is this an exception?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 22/12/19, 22:09

Christophe wrote:Here! I think you found: money is just HUMAN work. It's nothing else ...
Money buys X human labor time! X varying according to the human in question! We pay neither animals nor nature ...
This is somewhat the principle of Russian dolls; the price of almost everything being set by the number of intermediaries who helped make this thing (or service)
If we apply this aphorism to the world of finance then it becomes, very very, inhuman!

"GDax is a great tool ... it seems to me not? I tested it for you ... So go for it! Go for it! It has a reactivity which extremely limits the risks ... after obviously you have to be" available "or plan buy and sell orders in advance ...
Start with 100 or 200 € ... have fun and hack during 1 week, reinvest your profits and in the worst case, it will cost you the price of a good restaurant ... With values ​​that make + 20% or - 20% a day is easy enough to win easily ... (today + 80% is exceptional anyway ... and all the better: the press will talk about it and it will attract capital and therefore stir up the market on the rise!)
I have absolutely nothing to gain by convincing you (except the satisfaction of helping to move towards a more democratic world less controlled by the banks ... er I believe not ??) ... but you yes!

It's from who?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 22/12/19, 22:15

Christophe, you ask: "How is this an exception?"
In economics, nature is free because it is supposed to be infinite (sic!), But when a corner of nature is appropriated by someone and this said corner conceals a resource for others, either they zigzag this person, or they pay an annuity (this is especially the case when there are a lot of people or within a state of law). The "kings of oil", does that mean nothing to you? :D
It is, for example, on this rentier vision that the preservation of a few gorillas or the like is based, because showing them off to European city dwellers in search of "authenticity" is more profitable than eating them.

It's from who?
: Cheesy:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 22/12/19, 22:59

eclectron wrote:Money is a more flexible means than barter to promote the exchange of goods and services.
What implicitly reveals the fact of not trusting the other, not trusting in life, in short of being afraid of not having in return, when the time comes.
A guarantee is necessary during an exchange: money.
From the fear of missing out, greed and all the drifts that we know are born:
To say that these practices around money are modern slavery is a step that I have taken.

In practice, the driver of the RATP or the SNCF, quite vilified "recently on this site, he will not necessarily be happy to be paid for his work by cabbages and carrots that his travelers will offer him. at SNCF and RATP, their corporate purpose is not to sell cabbages or carrots that their customers have forcibly inserted into a Navigo terminal ...
Everyone will make the transpositions according to their individual situation and what they have to "exchange" according to what they need to receive.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 22/12/19, 23:01

“Money allows you to enjoy life. Without money, we enjoy ... poverty. ”

Lao She.
0 x