Wages policy: the case Alima Boumediene-Thiery

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Wages policy: the case Alima Boumediene-Thiery

by Christophe » 27/07/11, 10:37

EELV senator denies asking Chatel for a favor for her son
(AFP) - 4 days ago

PARIS - Senator Europe Ecology-The Greens Alima Boumediene-Thiery on Friday rejected allegations that she wanted to "circumvent the social criteria for admission to a boarding school" for her son by asking the Minister of Education Luc Chatel.

The Atlantico news site posted an article online Friday entitled "The senator who was poor ...", reproducing a letter addressed to Mr. Chatel by Ms. Boumediene-Thiery.
In this letter with letterhead from the Senate, the elected representative explains having "been informed by the services of the academic inspection" that the application for admission to a public boarding school for her son "had been refused on social criteria" .

Ms. Boumediene-Thiery is surprised in the letter that "access to boarding schools in the public school service is based on social criteria", and considers that her "financial situation" has "been poorly assessed". If she confirms that her "senator's income" is "of the order of 5.000 euros", she subtracts 1.200 euros "transferred" to EELV and 1.500 for a mortgage to justify it in this letter.

"Ultimately", she says, "I have to live with nearly 2.000 euros and thus provide for the needs of my son and my mother, who is entirely dependent on me".

Joined by AFP, the senator claims to have "abused any right".
“Not wanting to put (my son) in private, and since there is only one public boarding school in Paris, I have to go through the filing of this request. After a refusal for social criteria (.. .), I appealed on the advice of the rectorate, ”she explains.

Regarding his income, "all my allowances for mandate expenses (IRFM) are devoted to the permanence and related costs", is justified the senator.

A senator receives a basic monthly allowance of 5.514,68 euros gross, to which are added a residence allowance and a service allowance, or 7.100 euros gross in total. To this sum is added the IRFM, amounting to 6.240,18 euros per month, intended to "meet the various expenses related to the exercise of the mandate".

Mrs. Boumediene-Thiery says "to see with (his) lawyer for a complaint" against Atlantico.

... odious behavior in normal times but also particularly inappropriate in this period of public debt crisis which will worsen considerably in the coming times (the crisis more than the debt) ...

Source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 8622f1.7f1

Let's explain in 4 min video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfeOkULOn9M
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/07/11, 13:39

These poor senators !!
0 x