Tomorrow all the unemployed?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tomorrow, all unemployed?

by sen-no-sen » 27/11/18, 22:15

Exnihiloest wrote:
sen-no-sen wrote:To say that the economy is a thinking entity is not unfounded.

We could even raise an altar to her, and in the face of our great fervor, perhaps she could follow our prayers.
Of course, there are also those who pray capitalism and liberalism, another powerful thinking entity, and those who pray to the rising little thinking entity called ecologism. This could trigger a war among the thinking entities, and fortunately prayer can be our help.

Exponential Economism is a religion there is no doubt about it, it is still necessary to define the term religion in its first sense: that is to say as a means of connecting individuals to each other.
Off by erecting a global culture Exponential economism succeeded in what no other religion had achieved before: unifying the world to transform it.
It can therefore be said without doubt that economism is the most powerful complex of ideas in human history.
Environmentalism is also a complex of ideas and it is quite logical that it enters into Darwinian competition with the first, however as for fundamentalist Islamism it appears that memeplex is actually under the control of the dominant model ...

No, for the reason that it does not have its own motivation therefore no desire to act. Only the men who are maneuvering have it.

It is a peremptory statement.
Besides, why do we speak of a legal person or legal personality under French law?
You have to define the terms to understand what we are talking about,what is motivation?
For a human being it is the fact of guaranteeing homeostasis by a set of actions, for a company it is to maintain its activity and past a certain dimension increase its profit by different processes ...
What does the two have in common? It's simple: maximizing energy dissipation.
Motivation is a trend that is specific to intelligent systems and aims to maximize their future potential for action.
The study of large companies clearly shows that they follow their own logic and that they largely escape the wishes of their founders.
The decision-making process within monopolies is thus directly correlated to a multitude of parameters which go far beyond human decision-making capacities, in particular due to the economic determinisms specific to their scales.
Similarly to believe that humans would be masters of their own destinies by placing them as the engine of their existence is a largely unfounded vision, it is to idealism! : Lol:
Richard Dawkins Selfish gene has widely put forward this somewhat confusing notion for classical philosophers ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 28/11/18, 08:36

Exponential economism is a religion there is no doubt about it, it is still necessary to define the term religion in its first sense: that is to say as a means of connecting individuals to each other.

This meaning says first is only the fact of the Catholic religion and therefore comes from the Latin religare, that is to say connect. However this term of religion refers to the biblical text whose meaning is very different since it means practice of the commandments of the law which certainly links, but not the same since it is not a question of strictly speaking, a social link, but of a link to a particular reference.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/11/18, 10:14

It is the memetic link that institutes the cohesion of the group and regardless of the variety of religion concerned. That of merchandise and narcissistic individualism (it is difficult to qualify it without mentioning its dual aspect) triumphs today almost universally and advertising represents its unifying liturgy ... (and I do not speak of its priests who celebrates it by fulminating anathemas towards the disbelievers! : Cheesy: )
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/11/18, 11:06

Exnihiloest, you write about the formula "the whole is greater than the set of parts":
It is only our way of seeing that paradigm shift by neglecting elementary operations to see only the whole as a whole.

I note on the contrary that the knowledge of the functionality of the whole can disturb our appreciation of reality (in any case, yours) to the point of retrospectively attributing a proportional part (?) To each of its constituents. However this "tendency" that you detect is not so spontaneous, since it is necessary to meet the conditions of quality or very precise dosage to arrive at the expected result: so it is the explosion of a mixture of saltpeter , sulfur and charcoal dust or the operation of any machine that a detail poorly studied at the start or neglected in use makes very easily inoperative. This is the case for what interests me, ie complex systems, in which elementary actions aggregate into sets which behave differently from isolated acts; this is why, for example, a distinction is made between microeconomics and macroeconomics, whatever the category of economist considered (I know very well that you will reject this example altogether, since your "system" cannot integrate economics, any more than anthropology, sociology, philosophy and does not adapt to History except in a caricatural form, on pain of implosion! : Cheesy:).

Further:
I said that advertising is "initially the need for who produces, to make his product known". It is not an amalgamation, I never said that advertising was limited to information, your formulation is reductive (fallacy of the scarecrow).

At the "start" can be understood in two ways: - either it is a historical perspective, or it wants to describe the principle which was at the starting point of the phenomenon. In both cases, this view focuses on a secondary point to better ignore the essential which is the reality of advertising as it currently prevails. This last point is seen in substance as much as in its repercussions and I liken your formulation to a rhetorical circumvention, usually called "attempt to drown the fish" (sorry, I do not know the corresponding Latin quote!).

Same process on the issue of surplus food where, despite a very clear statement from me, you digress on extraneous considerations that are off topic not to answer my simple argument: these foods are, by definition healthy, since producers do not they blame them for not being able to be sold and throw them away by knowingly denaturing them so that they can not be recovered for free.

As for the last point, whether we talk about molecular agitation if we are in the scientific sphere or temperature in the most common case, it is only two representations of the same thing, nothing to do with what is being debated.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/02/19, 15:01

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/02/19, 16:48

Because human beings, in our particular society, relate to each other through the medium of the commodity, the one who is no longer a producer no longer exists except as a precarious consumer, more or less well tolerated. . The entourage of the unemployed perceives it as the symbol of the growing risk of decay, especially in a schizophrenic context of exaltation of the "first of the ropes" and other nonsense. From this point of view, suicide or addiction only confirms a social reality.
Note that this is only a special case of a much more general conception which does not attribute value to non-human beings and to the riches of nature except on the condition that it presents a utility or an amenity capable of contribute to the increase of abstract value. From this perspective, it is inconceivable to consider that they can be considered as having a value in themselves, independent of the judgment of homo economicus and its utilitarian criteria.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/02/19, 19:30

A short video of Guillaume Meurice to relax a bit:
0 x
cathyz29
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re:

by cathyz29 » 11/02/19, 05:12

Janic wrote:Hello
History with a capital H should inform us since, since the dawn of humanity, everything has been functioning according to the same scheme, with the same systems. Now what do we see: classes of individuals with on one side the dominant by force, money, fear; on the other, the dominated for the same reasons with the desire to change category (the social success in question). The machine is only the replacement of one by the other without the risk of contesting the power confiscated for the benefit of a few. So it is not a question of making the unemployed (a category that has become without interest for the dominant) but of their pure and simple direct or indirect elimination. (The sciences and fictions are probably on the side of a future reality.) It is the choice of our societies which some (like us the pseudo well-off) profit from and which we will have to assume! soul to the "devil" it is very difficult, if not impossible to recover it.

We really should not take this lightly because we are all affected by this downturn in the global economy.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/11/21, 21:15

"I married a hologram":

Japan is rich in social phenomena that are out of the ordinary. After his documentary on the hikikomori, RT takes you to the discovery of “fictosexuals”.

Learn more about RT France:https://francais.rt.com/documentaires/87849-j-ai-epouse-hologramme

Will humans end up becoming unemployed on their own?
1 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 04/11/21, 22:19

"These people are not like us, it's a different culture". : Mrgreen: :(
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"