Tomorrow all the unemployed?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Tomorrow, all unemployed?

by Ahmed » 30/05/18, 13:32

Money is not a means of governing; it is only its very superficial appearance. In reality, it is economic exponentialism that governs us all and pursues only its own ends that are incompatible with those we would be inspired to seek.
Remember this formula of Spinoza"Men believe they are free because they are aware of their desires, but ignorant of what determines them".
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/05/18, 13:58

Many of those to vilify on the use of mobile phones, this did not prevent the massive development of this technology.
It is obvious as for all that offers an additional service. But few remember, probably, that these services were paying for the minute of conversation and not for an almost unlimited package (like what I am doing) and if this status had been preserved, few parents and therefore children would hang on the cordless phone or not. And so not to be burned neurons
And those who are the main critics are often the most ardent users!
Not all, I am one of those critics and yet I have an old cell phone that I use exceptionally in case of displacement alone, just in case, (so never so far) as it was his role supposed at the beginning otherwise I go without trouble. but I am from another era where waste was not needed.
what is enough then?
As an example I do not think that mobile phones will burn our brains, I think rather that the danger of its technologies resides in the ultra connectivity that it confers on our society, and it is probably this hyper-connection which will cause the fall ...
One does not prevent the other. Numerous articles, based on the result of this permanent connectivity on guinea pigs, have shown the health impact. After each one assumes, well or bad, according to his choices and especially his knowledge of the subject.
Where it is diabolical is that the positive point of this technology, namely to gather people (1) is in fact are main vice.
In what ? I do not speak here kids for which it is especially a toy like Gameboy or others, it is besides thus that it is presented to them as for the TV. for adults, except for professional reasons, it replaces the mail, at most.

chatelot
the way to make pay the current social charges favors those who go the wrong way ... and we can not blame the company director to seek to earn money ... so as long as we push them in the wrong way it will go the wrong way
when one is employed, one is very happy that these charges assure us a social protection, a retirement, etc ...
When the ion becomes "boss" we find that these are too important, that it prevents employment and other reasons sometimes justified, but which are only self-defense whose reason is often the desire for enrichment (it does not always work) to the detriment of sharing the added value through the work of those who represent the contested charges. Such is life! 8)
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 30/05/18, 15:11

Janic wrote:It is obvious as for all that offers an additional service. But few remember, probably, that these services were paying for the minute of conversation and not for an almost unlimited package (like what I am doing) and if this status had been preserved, few parents and therefore children would hang on the cordless phone or not. And so not to be burned neurons

The founding principle of the Universe and by extension of the economic system is the maximization of the dissipation of energy.
This principle is therefore logically applied to the telephony sector.
Unlimited plans are a logical result of the maximization process: Unlimited speech time = Unlimited information / energy dissipation.CQFD

Not all, I am one of those critics and yet I have an old cell phone that I use exceptionally in case of displacement alone, just in case, (so never so far) as it was his role supposed at the beginning otherwise I go without trouble. but I am from another era where waste was not needed.

In France 97% of people have a mobile phone, this figure includes homeless people, refugees and economic migrants ...
At the scale of the world it is close to 75% (2012 number!):
Nearly 75% of Terrans own a cell phone

"Worldwide, the number of mobile phone subscriptions has [increased] from less than 1 billion in 2000 to more than 6 billion today, including nearly 5 billion in developing countries," according to the World Bank .

https://www.lemonde.fr/technologies/article/2012/07/17/pres-de-75-des-terriens-possedent-un-telephone-portable_1734969_651865.html
It seems to me that all his figures are without calls! (Sic !!!)

One does not prevent the other. Numerous articles, based on the result of this permanent connectivity on guinea pigs, have shown the health impact. After each one assumes, well or bad, according to his choices and especially his knowledge of the subject.

I do not deny the negative impact of mobile phones on our neurons on our eyes or on concentration, I only say that THE problem goes well beyond the strictly health aspect.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/05/18, 15:41

Janic wrote:chatelot
the way to make pay the current social charges favors those who go the wrong way ... and we can not blame the company director to seek to earn money ... so as long as we push them in the wrong way it will go the wrong way
when one is employed, one is very happy that these charges assure us a social protection, a retirement, etc ...
When the ion becomes "boss" we find that these are too important, that it prevents employment and other reasons sometimes justified, but which are only self-defense whose reason is often the desire for enrichment (it does not always work) to the detriment of sharing the added value through the work of those who represent the contested charges. Such is life! 8)

Did I say that I was against social insurance?

I just said that the charges did not go off in the right way ... I said that we should not charge on the basis of wages, but on the basis of the profits ... make those who do more profit with less employee

the goal is not to suppress social insurance but to stop the absurdity that drives down the staff ... I can not understand that no one understands that

Whenever I talk about changing the social charge everyone thinks I'm against social security ... I just want to fund it in a more logical way!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 30/05/18, 16:24

chatelot16 wrote:
the goal is not to suppress social insurance but to stop the absurdity that drives down the staff ... I can not understand that no one understands that

Whenever I talk about changing the social charge everyone thinks I'm against social security ... I just want to fund it in a more logical way!

Do not worry Chatelot I can see what you're talking about, but here the discussion was more about a transcendent approach, ie beyond the system.
For the rest we could actually tax the harmful products on health (ie more 50% of products sold in supermarkets!) For the benefit of products providing a nutritional and ecological balance.
Unfortunately the agrifood lobbies do not see it so well, even the very limited "nutriscore" with the greatest difficulty to impose itself ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/05/18, 16:37

Did I say that I was against social insurance?
did I say that too? No it's a simple statement, a generality that I knew too.
I just said that the charges did not go off in the right way ... I said that we should not charge on the basis of wages, but on the basis of the profits ... make those who do more profit with less employee
Well, you did not leave the inn with that, I do not know what Ahmed says, which is more his domain. but if it was on the profit (which is only what remains after all the charges) there may be nothing left, in which case there would be no more social charges to pay! It's a vicious circle!
That's another aspect of the problem, not easy to solve!
lowering social security costs means reducing social cover and therefore social benefits at the same time! Governments (which legislate) make it possible to substitute wages for premiums, not subject to contributions, which is good for the employer, but loss of points for the future retirement of employees who lose in the long run. You can not have the butter and the pie!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 30/05/18, 17:49

when a company does not make a profit it does not matter what it is actually doing to others and it is the others who will pay the load

example subcontractors who are crushed by large manufacturers: if it does not benefit is the manufacturers who do more and who will pay the load

anyway there are some who make the profit and there will be enough to pay

it will also solve the problem of the multinational who cheat to make disappear the profit of the French factories and to pay nothing
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/05/18, 19:31

There are many ways to answer you, Chatelot. Firstly, the benefits represent the possibility of accumulating abstract value, which is the purpose of the system: it is therefore difficult to see a measure that would tend to limit it sharply since it would run up against those that the policies represent. Actually and on which they depend. Second, and probably even more decisive, the ratio between the number of employees and the total output is called productivity, and it is this last criterion which determines which enterprises are destined to disappear and which ones are going to disappear. to prosper: it is therefore very illusory to think that a fiscal or accounting measure will reverse the course of the history of capitalism! :D
Finally, to join the words of Sen-no-senany societal improvement of the system would only increase its efficiency in dissipating energy and thus accelerate the changes in the environment, thus making the conditions of life impossible.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 10/06/18, 20:35

After cars, planes, here are the autonomous boats:

Chinese authorities set to win in the race for autonomous shipping with the creation of the world's largest unmanned boat test center.

Near the South China Sea, the construction of the world's largest unmanned boat test site, a technology for civil and military use booming worldwide, began according to a state media. This test area is currently being conducted off Zhuhai, a major port city in the south of the country, the China New News Agency said. The South China Sea is a sensitive area, most of which the Chinese government claims against other countries with rival claims (Brunei, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam).

Autonomous, unmanned boat technology is still in its infancy at the global level. It would allow boats, both civilian and military, to be controlled remotely. It could in particular revolutionize the shipping industry: unmanned, a cargo ship can ship more goods. The labor savings could also be huge.

https://www.futura-sciences.com/tech/actualites/drone-bateau-autonome-chine-cree-centre-essai-mer-70177/
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 27/06/18, 20:19

Soon unemployed pizzaïolo?

http://fr.euronews.com/2018/06/27/une-start-up-lance-un-robot-pizzaiolo

A French start-up has developed robots capable of making custom-made pizzas independently. She hopes to launch her own fast food chain called Pazzi and open nearly a hundred outlets by 2020.

On the technical side, the work of the engineers and impressive: dough, tomato sauce, ingredients, charging, cutting of parts and even the last touch of oil ... The robotic arms take care of everything. To order, no server no more, but a digital screen.

The strength of the two entrepreneurs who launched this project in their garage is a tripled profitability compared to a traditional pizzeria. The robot can cook 120 pizzas of the hour, against 40 for a pizzaïolo. The "e-pizza" is ready in 4 minutes, which is not revolutionary. "But the robot has three arms and can parallelize the tasks", explains Philippe Goldman, president of the Ekim company.

"Today, people have less and less time for lunch, they only have 30 minutes. For that, they arbitrate between the time and the quality of the food. We will be able to offer them both," assures us. the boss of the pizzeria of the future.
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"