There is hope ... the message begins to break.

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 12/09/06, 04:52

Hello Abyssinian 3

Do you ride in 100% bi-oil or diluted single-tank oil?
I am 100% bi-tank
Relatively easy to install.

Andre
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 12/09/06, 16:21

I am in mono tank because my car supports it well (indirect injection and bosh injection pump).
I have never launched into twin-tank assembly because it is poorly equipped and the HVB is always considered to be 'fraudulent' or we don't really know.
However, if I decrease the percentage for short trips, frequent starts, on the long road, I go to 100% without problem (95% + 5% of SP95).
But I will be mounting a heater shortly. It won't hurt.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/06, 16:30

Mimil wrote:I am 21 years old and I support 200% the ideas of this site. I propagate the address as much as possible.

It will be necessary to make a printable leaflet section. I have a little money and I think that depositing a few dozen leaflets in my university residence could be useful.

A straight section? So no ...

We did a leaflet at the time:
https://www.econologie.com/file/politiqu ... etrole.pdf

But after 2 or 3 live distribution sessions, I saw that people looked at me like an ET ... and especially that they did not give a damn ... but hey it's true that the message is quite "hard" ... that's why I removed it from public downloads ...

Otherwise have you seen the Tshirts?
This is another way to campaign (certainly a little more expensive but also more durable ...) .... https://www.econologie.com/shop/index.ph ... ex&cPath=4

You will tell me there is not much choice and you will be right ....

Mimil wrote:But don't we run the risk of creating a new multinational if this develops too much ???
If it works too well we would become a new political force since consumption is a political act in our current society

Oula ... there is still some margin :D

But hey there is no shame in being a multinational if our products, line of conduct and especially our actions on overconsumption continue ... am I wrong?

In addition, Greenpeace is a multinational ... and even if it has a lot to say about their internal functioning and policy, their action remains useful ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 12/09/06, 16:39

abyssin3 wrote:If we were in hell, I would say that everyone is full of good intentions. And in my opinion, we are really an extreme minority to be concerned really of all that. Rare are those who are really ready to take the plunge.

You are absolutely right, but not so long ago this kind of speech (even if not followed up) did not even reach these "high places".
It is a first step, actions cannot germinate until words have been sown.

Wait for the harvest : Wink:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/06, 16:40

Targol wrote:A multinational is based on principles lucrative.

No, I would rather say that: any business is based on lucrative principles.

The difference between an SME and a Multinational is that the weight of the multinational not only makes its shareholders colossal profits (but also losses in certain cases ... see Enron and Vivendi ...) but, and c is much more serious, can influence serious political decisions ... there are obviously laws purely lobbyist and corporatist aiming to defend the interests of a minority ... (cf the French-French controversy on HVB)

But, and we "laugh" less ... there are even some who invade countries (for example) on behalf of multinationals ...

Targol wrote:If he earns money, it would be me that he gets a smic but he can tell you that better than me.

You have the answer in private I think ...

Targol wrote:What is certain, however, is that the richness of this site comes, among other things, from its contributors. Contributors who will flee the site as soon as they start to feel a mercantile drift (in any case, it will be my case).

Well the opening of the store is a mercantile drift it seems to me not? But as long as it remains reasonable and with "good products" what harm can it do?

Targol wrote:the margin is large.

+1

Targol wrote:Its main wealth is more in ideas and these are distributed free of charge.
Now, if some politicians want to come here to get some ideas for their program, it can only be positive, right?

Yes for free wealth and it starts to piss off the world (like independent energy advisers ... difficult to sell what is said for free here)

For the drawing of idea I doubt it .... Positive for whom? For them and their opportunity ... words words words ... they will never dare to apply an econological policy! Do we take the bet?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/06, 16:47

abyssin3 wrote:And in my opinion, we are really an extreme minority to be concerned really of all that. Rare are those who are really ready to take the plunge.

Welcome to the club ... wouldn't our behavior be called courage by any chance?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/06, 16:48

Targol wrote:Wait for the harvest : Wink:

Starvation (or locusts) should not happen before the harvest ... to stay in your image ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 12/09/06, 16:48

Christophe wrote:We did a leaflet at the time:
https://www.econologie.com/file/politiqu ... etrole.pdf

I find it good, me, this leaflet.
In fact, there's only the last sentence that bothers me a little:
On his magnificent leaflet, Christophe wrote:Because true ecology goes through technological innovations, not through beautiful speeches!

I would have rather put:
"Because true ecology is through actions, not rhetoric!"

Indeed, if you take
  • heating with wood,
  • going to work by bike,
  • recovering rainwater,
  • switching off unused lights at home,
  • and many others.

You have a nice list ofactions which are not technological innovations but which fully participate in ecology, right?
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/06, 17:03

I told you that it was more really adapted ... it was especially in the atmosphere of the war against Iraq that it was made ...

By cons nothing prevents to remake a better adapted ...

For your list I do not fully agree indeed, for the first 3 points, these are technological innovations that would precisely help to develop them widely ... pellet stove style, electric bike and tank entered ...

In short, technologies that did not exist (at least for the general public) a few years ago ...
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 12/09/06, 20:25

You are absolutely right, but not so long ago this kind of speech (even if not followed up) did not even reach these "high places".
It is a first step, actions cannot germinate until words have been sown.

Yes, but even after sowing, some seeds can remain dormant for tens of thousands of years before germinating.
In order for them to germinate, they need a STIMULUS. For my taste, that is especially what is missing. And to stimulate people on what is happening on the scale of their whole life to see more, it is not easy, it is the example of the frog in the pot.
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"