VAT, a fair or unfair "tax tax"?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: VAT, a fair or unfair "tax tax"?

by Ahmed » 07/01/23, 18:52

Let us agree on the terminology: if the price excluding VAT increases, there is indeed a tax which increases, although its rate obviously remains constant.
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/01/23, 20:33

oh yeah...

when the base of a tax widens, if the rate is constant... : Lol:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 07/01/23, 22:13

There is nothing new there...
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 07/01/23, 23:10

The only problem with VAT is that companies don't pay it and therefore managers buy functional utilities, import like pigs without paying the tax.
It would be more balanced if everyone paid the tax, with a lower net income tax to compensate.
Less interest in tax evasion (on the net result) and less confusion on the deferral of VAT deduction
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 08/01/23, 00:37

In fact, all invoices are paid including VAT, but the part of VAT that you have paid, you "deduct" it from what you have collected.

But beware, some companies collect less VAT than what they "spend", and in the end, pay at least part of the VAT.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/23, 00:40

phil59 wrote:I'm sorry, it's not a VAT increase, the VAT remains the same!

No kidding ? I just made an equivalence...

If you don't understand what a math equivalence is, I can't help you...

phil59 wrote:Do you think the stores are gorging themselves on this?

I don't know who raised the prices, certainly more the manufacturers or wholesalers than the stores...since some stores are now refusing certain increases and telling customers...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/23, 00:43

SebastianL wrote:The only problem with VAT is that companies don't pay it and therefore managers buy functional utilities, import like pigs without paying the tax.
It would be more balanced if everyone paid the tax, with a lower net income tax to compensate.
Less interest in tax evasion (on the net result) and less confusion on the deferral of VAT deduction

Yes but no because without a company no VAT collected...

Businesses may recover VAT but they collect it on all their sales... except for exceptions such as non-taxable self-employed entrepreneurs who do not charge it but do not collect it either...
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/23, 00:46

Ahmed wrote:Let us agree on the terminology: if the price excluding VAT increases, there is indeed a tax which increases, although its rate obviously remains constant.

Yes, but that was not the subject of my previous reasoning...
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 08/01/23, 00:57

Christophe wrote:
SebastianL wrote:The only problem with VAT is that companies don't pay it and therefore managers buy functional utilities, import like pigs without paying the tax.

Yes but no because without a company no VAT collected...

Businesses may recover VAT but they collect it on all their sales... except for exceptions such as non-taxable self-employed entrepreneurs who do not charge it but do not collect it either...

If everyone pays VAT, everywhere and all the time, VAT is well collected; At customs, at the manufacturer, at the wholesaler and at the retailer.
A bank account by type of vat and hop automatic transfer of x% towards the state abyss. Zero talk, zero hassle.
The state just has to create intelligent VAT rates by type of product and organize its industrial protectionism through the applicable rates.
With a small partnership with the banks that provide professional bank accounts, the state can have reliable statistics, and have a sensitive visual of the political measures put in place. Today it's twilight
Last edited by SebastianL the 08 / 01 / 23, 01: 02, 1 edited once.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 08/01/23, 01:01

Christophe wrote:
phil59 wrote:I'm sorry, it's not a VAT increase, the VAT remains the same!

No kidding ? I just made an equivalence...

If you don't understand what a math equivalence is, I can't help you...

You're like those people who want margin %, not margin value.

The percentage may be low, but the amount high.

For example, the margins on fuels are low, around 2%, while the turnover is high, so the amount of the margin in euros is high.

The question would be could we put a variable VAT rate on the products, to compensate for the price increases, yes, but I'm not talking about the gas plant, and for a small trader, without large computer resources, impossible to do .

This is a bit what applies for the show, depending on the nb of representation, the vat does not remain the same....
1 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"