The unemployed dead: 10 at 14 000 in France!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The dead of unemployment: 10 14 000 in France!

by sen-no-sen » 04/02/19, 12:10

Christophe wrote:Yes like everywhere in Western Europe I think ...

So we should multiply these deaths not roughly 2?

I don't know exactly how his figures are calculated, but they are already very important.
And it's not any better across the Atlantic, despite thunderous announcements from the Trump administration.

The low figure praised by Donald Trump hides a completely different reality: more than 20 million inactive people are not counted and underemployment persists.
With unemployment at 3,9%, the lowest since 2000, and nearly 4 million jobs created under his presidency, Donald Trump has reason to rejoice. He does not deprive himself of it, in the approach of the mid-term elections, at risk for his majority. “The US economy is thriving more than ever. The demands for unemployment benefits are at the lowest in fifty years ”, thus welcomed the President, Tuesday, at the rostrum of the United Nations. "Taken as a whole, and from a purely statistical point of view, the job market in the United States is very dynamic and very tense," analyzes economist Robert Lerman, researcher at the Urban Institute.

But the only unemployment rate, which Donald Trump himself described, before his election, as a “bogus figure” which is largely underestimated, masks a much less brilliant reality. First downside: the participation rate in the labor market, from 66% in 2008 to 62,7% today among those over 15 years of age. The factors are multiple, and for some decorrelated from the state of the economy: increase in the number of students, retirement of baby boomers.

The figures for 25-54 year-olds, however, illustrate a worrying trend: the growing share of inactive adults, men in particular. Within this category, the activity rate has dropped from 91% before the 2008 crisis to less than 89% today. According to figures from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 23 million inactive adults aged 25 to 54 are thus completely excluded from the employment statistics. Neither unemployed nor workers, they embody an alarming form of social breakdown. Many experts partly attribute this phenomenon to the epidemic of opiates ravaging the country.

https://www.liberation.fr/planete/2018/09/30/etats-unis-chomage-un-taux-trop-bas-pour-etre-vrai_1682272
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Opale2sang
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Opale2sang » 04/02/19, 12:20

Bonjour.

It may have nothing to do but know that here I am announced a drop in salary of 130 euros linked to the merger of several organizations that manage the so-called retirement, I am very unhappy, and I admit that I am pretty pissed off, if we continue like this, we will end up being worse than milk cows.
it's not just unemployment that kills, there's also the job, you can imagine my state of mind…
Good luck to those who will see their wages lowered because of this thing which I was not even warned of, in short there is fed up.

Kind regards.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/02/19, 12:24

Uh it is not rather (or also?) Linked to the withholding tax your drop in salary?

:?: :?: :?:

A merger is supposed to lower costs not increase them: the reason you have been given smells a bit of smoke ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 04/02/19, 12:36

Yes, the withholding tax begins now.
I was surprised to find that "source" also meant current account! : Lol: Maybe they have caused a confusion between source and running water? : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Opale2sang
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Opale2sang » 04/02/19, 12:42

Re, I confirm nothing to do with the withholding tax, the calculation is done after tax deduction.
I have not yet had a clear explanation I will ask for one and I am not the only one more.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 04/02/19, 12:50

Unemployment kills ... but especially when it is designated for public vengeance and pointed out as a social "defect"!

On the other hand, being unemployed also means having more time for yourself, doing things that you had more time to do: taking care of your family, your children, playing sports, taking the time to read, cultivate, garden, do DIY, learn, take stock of the essentials of your life, etc ... What beautiful things in short!

It is more the pressure and the guilt that is put on the unemployed that destroys.
The message against the unemployed should change: "Are you unemployed? Take advantage of this" free time "to do what you want".

Of course, this vision of things is to be balanced with the financial aspect which generally weighs on this beautiful free time!

A few years ago I lived in a small village of a few hundred inhabitants and a majority of the working population (in principle) was unemployed and lived on social assistance and undeclared odd jobs. These unemployed people seemed pretty good in their heads, playing boules on the square, chatting on the cafe terrace (unemployment creates social ties), while those who worked were stressed, did not have time to do what they wanted.

From the outside, the unemployed seemed more serene than the workers! ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/02/19, 13:04

Yes, Grelinette, what you say about work overlaps with my remark above
... subject to work, humans are therefore deprived of activity and we find the manifestations mentioned above and concerning animals ... Certainly, they suffer a little less because they are self- domesticated over time ... : roll:

You write:
The message to the unemployed should change ...

Desirable, indeed, but difficult without also calling into question the type of functioning which is the cause ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 04/02/19, 15:51

Ahmed wrote:Sociological explanations have their limits and this is the case in what interests us here: it is not by mistake or because of any bias that the responsibility for unemployment is attributed to the individual, but made of a carefully crafted ideology and manipulation of public opinion that is the consequence. That this strategy of domination is integrated by the dominants themselves or that they use it cynically, knowingly *, does not change the reality.

* This is necessarily the case for those who develop "communication" (read propaganda), because only a full awareness of manipulation can make this instrument effective.

I also, if we take a guy at random in the street, we can grant him that his reasoning is biased, but the institutions cannot ignore the lies and the effects of this policy of making the unemployed responsible, this is what makes that too revolting.

It is like the wave of suicides at orange following the establishment of management by terror aimed at pushing employees to resign rather than having to pay severance pay. Those who implemented this type of management could not ignore the disastrous effects on the employees. At pole employment it is the same, we put pressure on the unemployed so that they renounce their rights except that the scale is much wider and that it has been happening in indifference for decades.

Grelinette wrote:Unemployment kills ... but especially when it is designated for public vengeance and pointed out as a social "defect"!

+1
Suicides among the unemployed are not due to lack of activity (there is no PB of suicide among rentiers as far as I know) but by the contempt and devaluation that we make them undergo.
0 x