Total's profits and investments in renewable energy

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Total's profits and investments in renewable energy

by bham » 13/11/06, 10:58

I just found this site made by that to choose, which will surely please Christine and Nono, among others : Cheesy: :
http://www.chercarburant.org/ or we see that it becomes urgent to overtax the fuels for Total and the others do not care a little more in the digs : Mrgreen: : Evil:
Uh, if you have some wheat aside, buy Total shares, but hush, it's between us. : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/06, 12:07

Good site!
A future news perspective for the blog!

On the other hand try to avoid the titles in capitals ... I corrected so for this time it goes :)

ps: there is even a forum dedicated http://forum.quechoisir.org/user/non-fr ... orumid=295 story to do a little pub for econology ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/06, 12:16

ps: small downside after a longer visit, this site condemns the overcharge of fuel for the consumer more than anything else.

Finally, we econologists, we are for a fuel as expensive as possible ... no? : Cheesy:
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 13/11/06, 13:53

no no ... for a non-polluting and free fuel for all !!

: Cheesy: : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/06, 13:54

It would be the worst that could happen to Earth ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 13/11/06, 14:55

Christophe wrote:ps: small downside after a longer visit, this site condemns the overcharge of fuel for the consumer more than anything else.

Finally, we econologists, we are for a fuel as expensive as possible ... no? : Cheesy:

+1

I started to watch and when I saw that the site was preparing to send me a letter to my MP to ask him to lower the tax on oil, I quickly left ...
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 13/11/06, 15:11

Christophe wrote:On the other hand try to avoid the titles in capitals ... I corrected so for this time it goes :)

Houlà, it's that would hit! : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:

Otherwise, to return to the site, mea culpa, I lacked discernment, it is not by surcharging that the profits of Total increase but when the price of the barrel rises. So we must distinguish between the TIPP aspect and the price aspect of the barrel.

Christophe wrote:Finally, we econologists, we are for a fuel as expensive as possible ... no?

HM hm!
superform wrote:no no ... for a non-polluting and free fuel for all

Christophe wrote:It would be the worst that could happen to the Earth

Ben, however, the pantone it reduces pollution and it works in water that for now is free (the sky).
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/11/06, 16:29

bham wrote:[..] Well, the pantone reduces pollution and it works in the water which for now is free (the sky).
I do not think we can say that Pantone water is a fuel
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/06, 16:32

bham wrote:
Christophe wrote:It would be the worst that could happen to the Earth

Ben, however, the pantone it reduces pollution and it works in water that for now is free (the sky).

But that has nothing to do! (see note Bucheron)

The pantone simply makes it easier to operate and use fuel ... not to replace it ...

In this sense it would, in the future, compensate for the scarcity of the latter ... but for this it would be necessary that the manufacturers stop to sulk ... and it's not tomorrow! : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/11/06, 16:51

bham wrote:
Christophe wrote:Finally, we econologists, we are for a fuel as expensive as possible ... no?

HM hm!

If if it is where you confuse ecologist and econologist ... I caricature:

Ecolo = the less expensive it is. (the stingy ecologist what ...)

Edit Christophe: following misunderstanding and clumsiness on my part, it would have been more wise to say:

"For some (self-proclaimed) ecologists, the cheaper it is, the more ecological (even if it means polluting a max)"

Example 1: Profmeca, when he was a mechanic, knew an "ecologist" who came to collect his old used oil ... to filter it and reuse it for free in his box ... I don't even want to know if he burned it in its boiler or in a diesel.

Example 2: One of my former boss "ecolo" thoroughly (producer of natural products) ... put his old waste oil in the fuel oil tank of the EJP group and did not hesitate to burn lacquered wood in his fireplace. ..

So um hum it's more like me who should do it ...
And it's because of such behavior that no one wants to be ECOLO !!

FYI, here, on the other hand, my definition of an econologist = respect for the planet and resources with but especially BEFORE the search for a financial economy ... 2 cases cited above it was purely the reverse. Obviously if we can reconcile the 2 is the perfect econologist!

Voili here ...
Last edited by Christophe the 14 / 11 / 06, 09: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x