The grain of sand in the machine (economical) - Arte

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The grain of sand in the machine (economical) - Arte

by ABC2019 » 15/03/21, 22:45

Janic wrote:
fortunately, there are still hundreds of millions of people living without this artificial side. We recognize them because they live close to the absolute poverty line.
study made by wealthy people who do not explain that this poverty is precisely hard to the shameful exploitation that the wealthy make on these poor populations

Well it's not shameful, since it allows them to escape the modern world precisely, they are rather lucky to live without pesticides, without university, and without modern medicine!

I don't even know why you're not going to live in an African village elsewhere, you would surely be much happier than here, to stay glued to a computer that ruins your life.
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/03/21, 08:26

Well it's not shameful, since it allows them to escape the modern world precisely, they are rather lucky to live without pesticides, without university, and without modern medicine!
In a certain sense: yes! the medicine that you call modern (lagging behind the reality of a changing world and not in its favor) is only a pharmacy intended to do business on the credulity of a devoted medical body, it is is that the worst. Recall of Mengele surrounded by the best of the best and who were condemned by the Nuremberg trial.
I don't even know why you're not going to live in an African village elsewhere, you would surely be much happier than here, to stay glued to a computer that ruins your life.
I do not agree with the little white hiding behind his computer, who never goes into the field, to see the misery he has created on the backs of the little blacks in their villages.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 16/03/21, 08:50

Janic wrote:who never goes out into the field, to see there the misery it has created on the backs of the little blacks in their villages.

what misery " ? on the contrary, it allows them to escape all the problems that you denounce in the modern world, so there is nothing to be guilty about, and above all, nothing should be changed in their way of life (if I follow you well).
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/03/21, 10:00

Janic wrote:
who never goes out into the field, to see there the misery it has created on the backs of the little blacks in their villages.
what misery " ? on the contrary, it allows them to escape all the problems that you denounce in the modern world, so there is nothing to be guilty about, and above all, nothing should be changed in their way of life (if I follow you well).
You are very bad on the contrary, you project your sickly mind on everything around you. They do not escape the miseries that, if I follow you well, you have provoked in them and from which they try to escape by rushing towards other miseries which they take for civilization. [*] The Indians America have had the painful experience of it through excessive decimenization.

[*] the song Lily by pierre Perret!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 16/03/21, 10:26

Janic wrote:
Janic wrote:
who never goes out into the field, to see there the misery it has created on the backs of the little blacks in their villages.
You are very bad on the contrary, you project your sickly mind on everything around you. They do not escape the miseries that, if I follow you well, you have caused in them

I beg your pardon? I didn't provoke anything at all! and what sick spirit are you talking about?

I'm just making an effort to understand your logic, but it's particularly confusing. When you take advantage of industrial civilization, it's not good, but when you don't take advantage of it, it's not good either? it's like with eclectron, I have a lot of trouble understanding exactly what you are proposing.
0 x

Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/03/21, 18:31

I beg your pardon? I didn't provoke anything at all! and what sick spirit are you talking about?
of course if, by giving credibility to the exploitation of rich countries over poor countries. You have to have a grain to support such a point of view.
I'm just making an effort to understand your logic, but it's particularly confusing. When you take advantage of industrial civilization, it's not good, but when you don't take advantage of it, it's not good either? it's like with eclectron, I have a lot of trouble understanding exactly what you are proposing.
that's it, project your fantasies onto others!
These poor countries do not benefit from industrial civilization, it crushes them and impoverishes them even more! They are just used to pick up our trash when we "welcome" them, what a great profit from industrial civilization from which we are the only ones to benefit, on their misery. : Evil:
1 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 16/03/21, 18:58

Janic wrote:
of course if, by giving credibility to the exploitation of rich countries over poor countries. You have to have a grain to support such a point of view.

it was just a consequence of what you were saying, since you consider that the wealth of rich countries hurts, I deduced that it was better to be poor.
These poor countries do not benefit from industrial civilization,

well yes I agree but if industrial civilization only brings misfortune if we listen to you, it is better for them then.
0 x

GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 16/03/21, 18:59

Janic wrote:These poor countries do not benefit from industrial civilization, it crushes them and impoverishes them even more! They are just used to pick up our trash when we "welcome" them, what a great profit from industrial civilization from which we are the only ones to benefit, on their misery. : Evil:

Not only when they are at home we make them pick up the trash, but we send home our industrial waste which poisons them and enriches the local mafias "employing" children (among others).

0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/03/21, 19:16

Come on Guy, you see that we make them benefit from our industrial civilization with beautiful electronic equipment, our asbestos, our rotten cars, etc ... what would they complain about? : Cry:
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 16/03/21, 20:34

Janic wrote:Come on Guy, you see that we make them benefit from our industrial civilization with beautiful electronic equipment, our asbestos, our rotten cars, etc ... what would they complain about? : Cry:

I wasn't talking about big cities in India, I was talking about African villages. They don't treat our waste.
But hey, I see that your humanitarian concerns do not prevent you from using the Internet. You probably take care of recycling your computer and all the hardware used to connect it to the web?
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"