The Banksters and the Prophecy of Thomas Jefferson (1802)

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/04/09, 23:05

alas it is necessary to be wary of the quotes: there are all the time people who invent quotes to make say to someone more famous something that they do not dare to say themselves

since 1800 how many generations of liars have been able to confuse us

then for napoleon3 it's a shame, it was not as small as victor hugo says, what would he say about the one we think of today ???
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 25/04/09, 23:50

scorpioncf wrote:Let's first see what the authenticity of this quote is. the "Jefferson Encyclopedia" site (http://wiki.monticello.org/mediawiki/in ... (Quotation) is already interested in the question. They summarize their conclusions in four points.

1. They did not find the entire quotation in any of his writings.
2. Part 1 has not been found, but in addition the terms "inflation" and "deflation" were not in use at the time but they appeared in 1864 and not in 1802.
3. The intermediate part could at most be a paraphrase extracted from a letter of 1816 to John Taylor.
4. On the last part, it is nowhere to be found, Jefferson wrote in 1813 that the issue of tickets should be exclusively reserved for parliament.

The authenticity of this quotation is therefore at least very doubtful.

If you want to break the banks, please avoid using coarse fakes, it does not do you any more credit than them.

+1 Scorpio

between the unscrupulous counterfeiters and the ties of M ..., we are well served :|
0 x
orbs
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by orbs » 26/04/09, 10:16

Hello

true or false the quote from "thomas jefferson" .........

"if not è vera è ben trovata" : Evil:

@+
orbs
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 27/04/09, 22:51

Yeah, yeah yeah, it's possible,

the content on the bottom does not seem to be wrong

and those, true or false?
Napoleon Bonaparte,
French Emperor
(1769-1821)
When a government is dependent on bankers for money, it is the bankers, not government officials, who control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that receives. [...] Money has no country; financiers have no patriotism and no decency; their only goal is gain.

Abraham Lincoln,
President of the United States,
killed
The government should create, issue, and circulate all the currencies and credits necessary to meet government spending and consumer purchasing power. By adopting these principles, taxpayers would save huge amounts of money in interest. The privilege of creating and issuing money is not only the supreme prerogative of the government, but it is also its greatest opportunity

James A. Garfield,
President of the United States,
killed
Whoever controls the volume of money in our country is absolute master of all industry and all commerce ... and when you realize that the whole system is very easily controlled, in one way or another, by a very small elite of powerful, you will not need to be told how the periods of inflation and deflation appear.

Woodrow Wilson,
President of the United States
1913-1921
I am a most unhappy man. I have unconsciously ruined my country. A large industrial nation is controlled by its credit system. Our credit system is focused on the private sector. The growth of our nation, therefore, as well as all of our activities, is in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the most mismanaged governments in the civilized world, one of the most controlled and dominated not by the conviction and vote of the majority but by the opinion and strength of a small group of dominant men .

Tell us what we did under Giscard with the signing of the Maastrich treaty, the famous article 104: https://www.econologie.com/forums/article-10 ... t6156.html

Sir Josiah Stamp,
Bank of England Director
1928-1941
(Reputed 2nd fortune of England at that time)
The modern banking system makes money out of thin air. This process is perhaps the most amazing dexterity trick that has ever been invented. The bank was created in iniquity and was born in sin. Bankers own the Earth. Take theirs, but give them the power to create the money and in a jiffy they will create enough money to buy it back. Take this power away from them, and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and it would be beneficial because we would then have a better and happier world. But if you want to continue being the slaves of the banks and pay the price of your own slavery then let the bankers continue to create money and control credits.

Wright Patman,
Democratic member of Congress
1928-1976
Chairman of the Bank and Currency Committee 1963-1975
I have never seen anyone who could, with logic and rationality, justify that the federal government borrow to use its own money ... I think the time will come when people will ask that this be changed. I think the time will come in this country where they will come and accuse us, you, me, and anyone connected with Congress, of sitting idle and allowing such a stupid system to continue.

Etc ..
Etc ..
Etc ..

Tell me Scorpio, in the days of the glorious 30s, before the signing of this article 104, inflation was rampant, but we were living well, right?

It is this inflation (or growth) that covered our debts faster than we spent them, right?

Personally, I say that the money must be managed by the state = the population (I do not like the term of people), and that the state = us, does not have to pay interest on the money that he created
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 27/04/09, 23:35

Someone checked the scorpion assertions ???

Me, I liked the idea that a guy, 200 years ago had a stroke of clairvoyance ...

Well, I predict, the arrival on earth of people coming from beyond space before 20 years :P

If that does not happen, you will be able to castigate me graciously for your taunts, if on the other hand, I have told you the truth, you will owe me your eternal gratitude : Mrgreen:

It won't be so hard Bucheron, you too will get used to it! : Lol:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 27/04/09, 23:37

By the way, in 20 years, I will no longer be there to read you and I will laugh about your face sitting on my little white (or black) cloud : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/09, 00:05

Ah well Lietseu, it's a happy atmosphere here!

Maloche leaves concrete this scorpion it is surely a banker injured in his "convictions" ... besides he chose his nickname well ...

Still, I'm not sure we live so much worse (materially I hear) than 30 years ago: look at what technology we have access, like to start with the net !!

On the other hand the morale is at the lowest ca yes ... but hold on to what seems it will (at least) last until the end of 2010 ...

And in 2011 is it the mega orgy before 2012 then? : Mrgreen:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 28/04/09, 17:03

Ah no, not everything is black

we access great technology, as long as we are aware of it, and don't forget where we come from

technological evolution is a necessity (in my opinion), which has certain setbacks

The problem is that the economy put in place to achieve this result has (voluntarily) become a form of modern slavery:
the indebtedness of households, companies and states is there to maintain this very pressing control (I could have said oppressive) over the producing population

I don't know why (or rather I know all too well) there still need lords and vassals.

these people annoy me, the problem is that when one wants to clearly explain the situation to "people" (the productive ones) in general, one comes up against a wall of incomprehension linked to a too weak culture or a lack of interest of the topic ...

So what to do? Attempt a revolution with a minority of interested parties or join the big leagues?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 01/05/09, 18:20

Systems like organisms organize their defenses without a blow ...

The disobedient, with their techniques and ways of saying NO! found a fun way to wake up people, will they react?

Following the next issue, I heap with you capt_ but do not despair, the reactions will come soon enough :P
0 x

elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/05/09, 19:11

Society is changing, for sure; how to spend the money too. Here, for example:

in 1982, my wife had a knitting machine and our IT budget was zero (or almost: I was trying to domesticate a Sinclair ZX81). I had a landline, an answering machine and a semaphone (coded messages from 1 to 8, rented, insured for 625 euros)

We sold the machine (cost 2000 euros) for 125 euros because it is no longer profitable, we have 4 computers at home + a server hard drive, we have a budget of 62,50 euros / month ADSL subscription, 4 GSM, my son has mobile internet. I can't even resell my 16 volume Alpha Encyclopedia.
On the other hand I consider that a 10 year old car is far from being good for breakage

We were not unhappy in 1982, we are not in 2009. On the other hand, the choice of "à la carte" information has changed incredibly: if I want, I can find out what is being said in the newspapers of New York or Ushuaia! (And I realize better that everywhere, we make b .... : Evil: )

You shouldn't have screamed for that, Maloche! :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be