Banks pluck the French!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Banks pluck the French!

by Christophe » 27/09/14, 13:44

Fiorentino, a repentant trader?

The ex-trader, head of an investment consulting firm, publishes a guide with the explosive title: "Break the bank!" Its goal: to push the French to take their accounts back in hand.

In your book *, you paint a vitriol portrait of bankers. Has the crisis changed nothing?

- The bosses of the big banks did not suffer from the crisis! Bonuses have been capped, sometimes significantly, but not always. And at the same time their wages have exploded. In France there is a real understanding between political power and finance which prevents reforming the system. Emmanuel Macron was a business banker before entering government. But that is nothing compared to the influence that Michel Pébereau, the former president of the BNP, could have had! These permanent communicating vessels between politics and the bank are reflected at all levels. This is the most perverse. It goes from the director of cabinet to the case manager.

The French are still very loyal to their bank, however. Why ?

- The docility with which the French let themselves be plucked makes me hysterical. They are like anesthetized and remain loyal to their banker, whatever he does. It is very French and almost psychoanalytic this relationship to the institution, to authority. I would like them to realize that the banks are merciless. They are trying to recover from individuals what they can no longer take from the markets. And with the new regulations, they will be harder and harder. I say this so that people are relaxed. I don't understand that the bosses of the big banks still dare to give lessons to the French!

You write in your book that you can save between 200 and 2.000 euros on bank charges. Really ?

- Yes ! And you have to take them now! First, you have to change your mode of banking consumption. For example, stop incurring overdraft fees when you have money in investment accounts! It is a matter of common sense. Then, the banks gained fortunes thanks to the non-remuneration of the accounts. The French must no longer leave unpaid money in their checking accounts. To compete, you must immediately open a second account in an online bank. Then go as far as possible for free, stop multiplying the credit cards that are useless ... Today there are comparators on the internet. You must use it and do not hesitate to change the establishment, or to negotiate its costs.

(...)

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/economie ... nques.html
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 27/09/14, 14:41

This shows clearly that it is not hairs that cover our bodies, but many feathers!
Would I be on the wrong subject? : Cheesy:
0 x