Stove of all kinds adapted hair cell

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/08/15, 14:02

not easy to burn a single log at one end: the wood that does not burn yet absorbs the heat and the end that burns is not hot enough to burn well ... the area of ​​wood at intermediate temperature emits the smoke that does not burn

with wafers I determine the power only by the flow of wafer poured into the hearth but the focus is always at the maximum temperature that the wood can do ... it is also necessary to impose the air flow adapted to the flow of wafer

be careful, do not increase the power too fast: a too large supply of pad cooled the fireplace and it smokes ... an increase in flow must be very gradual for the fire to grow without cooling

so we can not simply do manual reloading from time to time: automatic feeding is essential
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 18/08/15, 14:29

chatelot16 wrote:not easy to burn a single log at one end: the wood that does not burn yet absorbs the heat and the end that burns is not hot enough to burn well ... the area of ​​wood at intermediate temperature emits the smoke that does not burn

With a well built rocket, it's quite possible!
I experimented with an oak "log" 20 cm in diameter and 2 m long, and it works! (DIY stove originally designed to burn ash of small diameter and long lengths)
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 18/08/15, 19:40

Hightfly-Addict, are you talking about a rocket that you built personally?
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 18/08/15, 20:55

Yes, absolutely!
But I don't have any photos and I don't have them "on hand" anymore.
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET

hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by hic » 18/08/15, 20:58

chatelot16 wrote:not easy to burn a single log at one end: the wood that does not burn yet absorbs the heat and the end that burns is not hot enough to burn well ... the area of ​​wood at intermediate temperature emits the smoke that does not burn

hi chatelot16
Actually start the combustion on 20cm of diameter is 'to reflect';

Share against,
get a forge effect on the same surface with an airflow of 1 or 2cm thick
between metal plate and redoiment,
increases the exchange

The Forge Effect must, should compensate for heat loss.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/08/15, 15:28

the forge effect works well with charcoal

difference between charcoal and wood: when you blow on charcoal more you blast more it heats strong, virtually limitless! we can not put out charcoal blowing too hard

when we blow on wood the power is limited, if we blow too hard we put out the fire

so to have a powerful forge fire effect it is necessary that the wood is charred progressively by approaching the hearth ... it is the problem of the massive big log that one would like to burn at one end: it does not carbonise fast enough and risks becoming extinct

if the wood is divided into smaller pieces it will burn faster and there is always enough charcoal for a good forge fire effect

when you have time to take care of the fire you can burn a single large log by scraping it often enough to remove the charred layer, and allow a new layer to carbonize in turn, and therefore always have enough embers for the fire to continue
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/08/15, 21:40

Highfly Addict, would you have particular sources at the origin of your realization? Maybe plans or a description of its specificities?
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 19/08/15, 22:39

The sources are very numerous: youtube, many blogs, my personal experiences (many too).

Sorry no plans, I thought and realized in stride (in 5 days full).

It is therefore a mass rocket type steel stove, sheet, vermiculite plates, bricks and clay soil, designed to hold a frost 4 x 6 x 3 m greenhouse.

The hearth is a parallelepiped 25 x 25 x 35 cm in brick, super-insulated with vermiculite and equipped with a vacuum-ash at the bottom (grid 4 cm of the bottom).
Supply (vertical obviously) by a 21 x 23 "airlock" made up of two metal plates superimposed and separated by a free space of 3 cm.

At the exit of the hearth, the gases traverse 30 cm horizontally then 120 cm vertically in a compressed vermiculite pipe of 21 x 23 cm.
They lead to 5 cm from the hemispheric ceiling of a cylindrical steel heat recovery bell (3 mm), with a diameter of 50 cm and 140 cm high.
On arrival at the bottom of the bell, two possible exits for the gases:
- a small (12 x 7 cm) normally closed but open at will (for ignition), which opens close to the end of the recovery circuit,
- a large (25 x 25 cm) which leads to said horizontal panel circuit of 3 m long and about 30 x 30 cm.

The bell and the circuit are wrapped in a consistent thickness (25 cm) of clay soil mixed with sand and pebbles. The circuit constitutes a circular bench that covers 300 ° arc, the bell is in the center.
The final casing with an inside diameter of 15 cm is 4,5 m high including 1,5 m outside, it is also grounded on the first meter.

This stove manufactured its own final coating lime (during successive heatings intended for the drying of the mass) and it ate the log of 2 m after a heating of 45 min with the ash of 2 with 4 cm of diameter.
It took less than a late fall night to do this.

I have not seen him for a year but since I have no news, I deduce that it still works without worry.
0 x

Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/08/15, 07:48

Yes, it's not the sources that are missing, it's even the excess that can be disconcerting!
In any case, thank you for your clarification; you made a sacred stove, you would say!
I will try to follow your footsteps with a more modest project: a small metal rocket stove ...
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 20/08/15, 13:34

Thank you for your comments ! Indeed, it is a beautiful beast.

I add that with this stove, I was able to observe an incredible phenomenon: during the first minutes of the first 2 heaters (very wet body of earth), the gases at the exit were colder than the ambient air.
I still do not explain clearly how it is possible.
According to a friend (I think he is right), it is the bell which is the "motor" of the draft, the temperature differential being enormous between its top and its base.
When the body begins to rise in temperature, the differential decreases (a little) but the final vertical column heats up (a little: it never rises above 70 ° C) and takes over for the draw (that the we can modulate quite finely by playing on the opening of the small exit of the bell).
0 x