US right to inspect "our" bank accounts

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

US right to inspect "our" bank accounts

by Christophe » 09/07/10, 11:14

It happened yesterday at the Council of Europe: the USA will have the right to oversee all European banking accounts and operations ... under the guise of "fighting terrorism" ...

BRUSSELS - The European Union approved on Thursday an agreement authorizing the transfer of bank data of its citizens to the United States in the context of the fight against the financing of terrorism, after hard negotiations with Washington to guarantee its protection.

The text, endorsed by a large majority by the European Parliament meeting in Strasbourg, will allow the US Treasury to have access again, from August 1, to the financial data of 8.000 institutions and banks in 200 countries managed by the company Swift , headquartered in Brussels.

"We have obtained a good agreement which respects a fair balance between the imperative of guaranteeing the security of citizens in the face of the terrorist threat and that of guaranteeing respect for their fundamental rights and civil liberties", commented the President of the European Commission. José Manuel Barroso.

The terms of this agreement are a victory for MEPs because it has enabled them to assert the new decision-making powers which the Lisbon Treaty has given them in the EU.

The use of Swift information has been a sensitive issue in Europe for years.

The Americans began using them after the September 11, 2001 attacks and were able to dismantle several suspected terrorist networks, European officials admit. But the secret transfers of this data were only revealed in 2006, causing a big scandal.

(...)

However, the agreement still gives rise to reservations. "It allows a lot more information to be transmitted than necessary, because we cannot be more selective", lamented in an interview with AFP the European data controller Peter Hustinx.

(...)

Suite and source: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... 74NFzQZG8A

I dream or that means that the American government will be able to know the information of all the European companies ... of which, for example: Airbus Industry large competitor of Boeing? Knowing his bank details, it will be a little easy for Boeing to seal off his competitor on the X or Y contract and take advantage of him, right? Having access to bank data is purely and simply industrial theft!

On Euronews a guy said: "don't worry there will always be AN EMPLOYEE from the European Union to check if there is no drift" ... An employee, is it a joke or what? There will be 80 million data transmitted per month from the same channel ...

The fight against terrorism has a good back ... :frown: and when is the converse?

Is Obamat ultimately just the same pawn as bush was? :?:
Last edited by Christophe the 20 / 01 / 11, 14: 58, 1 edited once.
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 09/07/10, 11:22

it is not he who decides it is the lobby

et a nobody from the european union to monitor this
anything too much data, and then check what goes away it's good but if we had access to the processing of this data it would be much more transparent and we could check that there is no drift

how we get blown up !! the United States is no longer the superpower after the war, Europeans should realize it, the country is bigger but other than that there is nothing exceptional
we can talk about equals

and therefore negotiate more fairly
0 x
Of all those who have nothing to say, the nicest are those who are silent
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/10, 11:27

Well yes ... We are really ***** !! But not as good as the Americans since 9/11 ... (patriot act et cie ...)

In addition I assume that the terrorists do like the ministers: all in cash : Mrgreen:
0 x
Napo dwarf
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Napo dwarf » 09/07/10, 11:33

bah yes and in addition it goes in the diplomatic bags then ... : Cheesy:

it's true that it should not be the joy of being american in the country
speeding he controls you are not shaved go hop 2 months of sheet metal or Guantanomo: s

the United States it is a country that I would like to visit but not live there I will end up in sheet metal knowing myself (too rebellious the young : Cheesy: )
0 x
Of all those who have nothing to say, the nicest are those who are silent
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 09/07/10, 12:57

Christophe wrote:US right to inspect "our" bank accounts :?: [...] Is Obama [t] ultimately only the same pawn as bush was?

... it's a state "fact" since 2002 already via SWIFT !!!

http://www.parlament.ch/f/suche/pages/g ... d=20073831

(Besides, with the cataclysm of the Gulf of Mexico, I am so disgusted by everything that comes from there that I would like to change my pseudo Christophe ...! ........ Help !!!)
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 09/07/10, 13:33

Hello
the United States is a country I would like to visit
and again, that too is discussed, it is good in France or at least in Europe ...

he is your nickname, obviously it reminds me of a head of state, but I may try, I can't remember which one ... well, it will come back to me one of these days! as long as you have the baraka, it's what matters most in life, the main thing ultimately.

jeff
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 09/07/10, 17:04

Hello

It happened yesterday at the Council of Europe: the USA will have the right to oversee all European banking accounts and operations ... under the guise of "fighting terrorism" ...

He had already started long before asking for official permission.

Much more than that and not only the USA ..

the small manager of personal in the big companies, you give them your CV and in a simple blow of computer, (with your name and your date of birth) know all your antecedents, if you have a criminal record (even after a pardon )
if you had a drunk driver's license withdrawal, if you have union activities if your father was active in a union, if you were part of a communist or extremist political movement, they also know if you are a credit card user and if you are a guy who goes into debt, you are a good propspect for them, a debted guy never votes to go on strike, never refuses additional time, if you are a former soldier you are everything design, discipline, obedience to the rules without questioning the morality of your actions.

There it is just a small manager of personnel in the hiring, imagine you elsewhere in other level of the government, police, national security office ..
We are very well documented and that at the global level, you have to be naive not to see that, not one country is better than another ..
Jean Ferra in his songs described it well, the little loupio, the sound of boots.

Andre
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 09/07/10, 18:31

Christophe wrote:

I dream or that means that the American government will be able to know the information of all the European companies ... of which, for example: Airbus Industry large competitor of Boeing? Knowing his bank details, it will be a little easy for Boeing to seal off his competitor on the X or Y contract and take advantage of him, right? Having access to bank data is purely and simply industrial theft!

it's been a long time since with the Echelon network , the Americans engage in industrial espionage ... under the guise of fighting terrorism.
Thomson has already paid the price, by getting a contract "sweetened" (radar coverage of the Amazon rainforest) for the benefit of the USA.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/10, 21:55

Ah well thank you, you screwed me up the weend !! : Cry: :frown: Finally at least the evening !! : Mrgreen:
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 10/07/10, 02:03

Good evening

it seems to me that echelon is older than 2001, ...

In 1943, the United States and the United Kingdom, then engaged in the Second World War, sign a cooperation agreement in the interception of communications
these two countries signed in 1947 the UKUSA treaty (United-Kingdom - United States of America). They were quickly joined by Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Third countries (Germany, Norway, Turkey) then sign SIGINT treaties with the United States, thus benefiting from restricted access to the UKUSA network.

here in a few words gleaned from the net what it looks like ...
restricted access, hummmm ... and France is where, or else we would have been lied to ...

lived democracy !

jeff
0 x