Public debt: bankruptcy of Greece ... who's next?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Remundo

Re: Public debt: bankruptcy of Greece ... who's next?

by Remundo » 23/07/22, 16:37

Remundo wrote:humanity is crazy anyway.

technological progress does nothing, we can even think that it increases the disaster.

I said that a little over a year ago...

how right I was! : Twisted:
2 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 23/07/22, 17:50

Remundo wrote:
Remundo wrote:humanity is crazy anyway.

technological progress does nothing, we can even think that it increases the disaster.

I said that a little over a year ago...

how right I was! : Twisted:

Bad ...
economy-finance / public-debt-bankruptcy-from-greece-to-who-the-turn-t9654-1530.html # p461323
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/07/22, 18:09

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Not really. He is a candidate for the senatorial

I didn't say otherwise and I don't care about Bermacaroni, it's just that Forza Italia didn't vote! And Draghi, no majority > splash.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 23/07/22, 18:23

I was talking about the Tweet stupid by Victor Djamba.
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by PVresistif » 15/12/22, 12:23

I'm 65 and I've been paying taxes since 1977; I've never known France with a balanced (or positive) budget, it's really detestable.
I remember my beginnings as a taxpayer, a long time ago when we received our tax slip there were pie charts trying to "explain" where our money was going and why the deficit was almost a blessing, an "investment"!! !!
Hah, without De Gaulle, we would be either German or American, it would have more mouth, no. I've been asking myself this question for a few years..., haven't you?
2 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 15/12/22, 12:52

PVresistif wrote:I'm 65 and I've been paying taxes since 1977; I've never known France with a balanced (or positive) budget, it's really detestable.
I remember my beginnings as a taxpayer, a long time ago when we received our tax slip there were pie charts trying to "explain" where our money was going and why the deficit was almost a blessing, an "investment"!! !!
Hah, without De Gaulle, we would be either German or American, it would have more mouth , Nope . I've been wondering for a few years... not you ?

Yes, yes, moreover now it seems that only "the mouth" is working: movies on all floors, in the street, buses, on the TV, and other media, and on “Social Media” of course, all these new virtual temples (or not) of “have you seen me”, even in supermarkets (with customers conditioned... by taxes?)

[put in “Full screen” mode]
1 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/12/22, 23:07

The European Union, there to help us...

Multiple member states of the European Union use spyware on their citizens for political purposes
And even spy embedded systems designed for authoritarian regimes
On November 15, 2022 at 18:01 p.m., by Patrick Ruiz

Many European governments are using advanced surveillance tools to spy on their own people, according to a new report from the European Parliament. "EU member states have used spyware on their citizens for political purposes and to cover up corruption and criminal activity," the report reads. "Some have gone even further and embedded spyware into a system deliberately designed for an authoritarian regime."

The European Parliament launched this investigation after the publication, in 2021, of Project Pegasus, an investigation into spyware carried out by 16 media from around the world. Journalists found that governments had targeted more than 50 phone numbers worldwide using the Pegasus surveillance tool, made by Israeli company NSO Group. Those on the list include editors and reporters from CNN, The New York Times, Reuters and France 000, as well as human rights activists, lawyers and relatives of Jamal Khashoggi, the journalist that the Saudi government murdered in 24. The report makes it clear that while we most often hear about the use of this technology by authoritarian governments like China and Iran, democracies also engage in abuse regarding spyware. Ending the evils of surveillance around the world requires confronting this reality and pushing democracies to a higher standard of behavior.

Spyware is used to secretly track and extract information from a device. Once the software gains access to a target's phone or computer, the person who installed it can extract texts and emails, download all photos from the device, and even track the GPS location of the device. Abusers have used spyware - often called "harassment software" in this context - to monitor, torment, and even physically harm other people, including current and former intimate partners. (Worryingly, 1 in 10 Americans admit to installing stalking software on their partner's or ex's device, according to a 2020 NortonLifeLock survey.) Governments also use spyware, silently monitoring their targets for law enforcement, intelligence and/or law enforcement purposes.

Pegasus, which is the main object of the European report, allows users to discreetly siphon passwords, contact lists, calendar events, text messages, live voice calls and other data from the phone of a target. It even allows the software operator to activate the phone's camera and microphone to observe the person and their surroundings. Pegasus can take advantage of "zero-click" exploits to install the malware without any user interaction, making it virtually impossible for the average user to know they are being monitored.

NSO Group, the Israeli company that makes Pegasus, is notoriously lacking in concern for human rights. The Citizen Lab at the University of Toronto has published numerous investigations exposing the use of Pegasus by repressive governments around the world, targeting a human rights defender from the United Arab Emirates, a Saudi activist and many others. others ; supporters of the soda tax in Mexico have even been targeted by what could have been a commercial actor. Members of the European Parliament therefore had many reasons to worry when the Pegasus 2021 project brought to light the targeting of European citizens.

While one could imagine cases of legitimate use of spyware - such as the targeting of foreign officials for traditional, carefully controlled and supervised spying - the activities detailed in the European Parliament's report highlight a surveillance undemocratic system designed to suppress political expression and competition. The report reveals that Polish officials bought Pegasus in 2017, partly with funds intended for victims of crime, before targeting numerous opposition figures with the spyware. The Hungarian government bought Pegasus in 2017 after meeting Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Despite claiming it was used for purely national security reasons, Hungarian authorities have targeted more than 300 people, from lawyers and journalists to high-profile business owners, activists and a politician. of the opposition, according to the report.

The list goes on: Security personnel in Greece bought spyware called Predator, believed to come from North Macedonia's Cytrox, and used it against national politicians. Cypriot authorities have acquired surveillance technologies from the European company Intellexa Alliance, which appears to oversee Cytrox, and are said to have illegally tracked more than 9,5 million mobile devices. Spanish authorities appear to have targeted people in Catalonia with NSO Group's Pegasus.

Governments could have acquired these spying technologies to investigate threats of violent extremist attacks or prosecute actual criminal offenses. They could also have used them for what looks like traditional, country-by-country espionage: For example, Moroccan authorities allegedly targeted the Spanish prime minister, defense minister, and interior minister using Pegasus. Instead, the report says many of these European governments have quietly purchased spyware for the specific purpose of targeting critics and opponents at home.

Investigators didn't mince words: The authors of the report wrote that the abuse of spyware "ruthlessly exposes the immaturity and weakness of the EU as a democratic entity." According to the report, the EU's "internal market and free movement" has benefited the spyware trade, with some vendors even using the term "EU-regulated" to portray their unregulated surveillance activities as a responsible control, which is certainly not the case. Even though some of the report's findings had already been published, they serve as a strong and, for some, shocking reminder. The United States and European countries may talk about "techno-democracy" and the importance of privacy, but democratic governments also misuse spyware.

There is a clear and significant difference between the abuse of spyware and surveillance in democratic countries and that of many autocracies. The Russian parliament, which is a mere recording chamber for the Putin regime, would never conduct a real investigation into government surveillance abuses; likewise, there is no world in which this kind of multi-hundred-page investigation into state abuses of privacy could take place in modern China. The rule of law and the existence of a relatively independent media, among many other factors, provide much more space for scandals and reforms.

But that's exactly why the EU spyware abuse report is such a vital reminder. Some supposedly democratic governments use spyware to target opposition politicians, journalists and others, under the false pretense of fighting crime or protecting national security. This practice undermines privacy and political expression. It also undermines the messages of democracies about fighting autocratic surveillance. And in doing so, some of these governments are helping to support a market in surveillance tools and paying, here, a widely known company to sell this same technology to despots. The report praises the US government for its actions against spyware - although US officials can still do more domestically and should also increase efforts with partners in Europe and elsewhere to ensure that this type of activity does not occur.

It is extremely difficult to control this technology, because the export controls that governments apply to physical goods, such as weapons and chemicals, do not apply in the same way to software. But to truly fight for privacy in the modern age, democracies must also get their own houses in order.
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/12/22, 01:00

Flytox wrote:Multiple member states of the European Union use spyware on their citizens for political purposes
And even spy embedded systems designed for authoritarian regimes
On November 15, 2022 at 18:01 p.m., by Patrick Ruiz
It made headlines in 2021 https://www.cnetfrance.fr/news/pegasus- ... 926297.htm
https://www.liberation.fr/international ... 6KQLZPXCU/
The European report https://www.politico.eu/wp-content/uplo ... 117473.pdf
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 21/12/22, 08:23

And that's all you can say about it? : Oops: : roll:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 21/12/22, 09:42

Obamot wrote:And that's all you can say about it? : Oops: : roll:
Well when you see that Europe is trying to solve this type of problem and China or Russia not at all, we are very happy to be in a democratic country, even if it is hanging by a thread, we have to do everything to preserve it (democracy).
0 x