Milk prices: blocking of central purchasing in the west

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 12/06/09, 09:33

Christophe wrote:
bham wrote:No, the price of the milk is paid the same price to the German farmers as to the French farmers, what I wanted to say is that the margins are lower in Germany

Would it surprise me if a sold 41 cts milk is paid 30 cts to the operator ca leaves 5 cts for ALL intermediaries HT? There, you dream bham !!

It's still cross-border legends as there are so many ... :|

I think rather that the farmers who supply the Lidl and other hard discount are more industrial than farmer ... 500 heads is the minimal number ...

The yes they can make a milk 15 or 20 cts the liter sold 41 cts ... I do not believe that such farms exist in France!

The average in France of dairy farms is 50-60 heads ...

And otherwise how much is the price of milk in Germany?

Rather than epilogue, I'll give you an example:
Aldi Germany: 0,42 € / l German milk
Aldi France: 0,69 € / l french milk
That is a difference of 0,27 € / l;

Knowing that a French farmer receives 0,26 € for one liter of milk, the price difference between the producer and the consumer is 0,69 - 0,26 = 0,43 € / l = price difference = dairy margin + trader.
If I apply this margin to the price of German milk, in order to determine the price of the milk paid to the German producer I have:
0,42 € - 0,43 € = -0,01 €.
I think you will agree with me that the German milk producer can not, by selling his milk, give it and must give in addition 0,01 € per liter of milk.
This simple little example proves, as I said before, and regardless of the origin of the milk or the type of farm, that the margin in Germany is much lower than in France.
And that's not the realm of dreams but reality.
Do you agree with me now ???
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 12/06/09, 10:37

Even if one does not agree with a certain policy, there are other terms to criticize without insulting.
Do not forget that SarKo was democratically elected at the Elysee Palace.
As long as you are there with your hateful style, you should demand the execution of all his constituents, and all the problems might be solved for a while.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/06/09, 13:58

: Arrow: I did not think to react to it ... but his reading is uplifting.
Big consumer of milk since my childhood, I consumed a lot of raw milk (my grandfather was a breeder) then fresh pasteurized milk (whole). Since the end of my adolescence, the pension, the army and especially the near disappearance of fresh milk in commerce, I now consume almost exclusively UHT milk.
: Cry: : Evil:
While we almost no longer go to supermarkets because we have developed new consumption patterns ... The only product that forces us to go to the supermarket; it is MILK.
: Shock: : Evil:
I must add, that the UHT milk, you know, this product from the cow and which one removes all the taste and nutritive qualities ... me regularly causes stomach upset.
: Cry:
Fortunately, I occasionally offer a little raw milk, this season, when the cows return to the meadow graze the green grass it is full of cream. Image and especially my stomach digests it much better. :D
I therefore greet the approach of Gérard GAYET quoted above and deplores that it does not become more general in France.
If unemployment strikes me, this is one of the solutions I plan to convert. Regarding the AMAP, there is one in my commune which collapses because of the lack of seriousness of the farmer, but a butcher and a producer of organic dairy products were also members which keeps many members from leaving because they are very serious. For many, buyers of organic are bobo friqué who agree to pay too much for organic products ...

Farmers must learn to reclaim the sale of their production if they no longer wish to be strangled by their distributors.
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 12/06/09, 14:42

Citro said Farmers must learn to reclaim the sale of their production if they no longer wish to be strangled by their distributors.

Towards 1950 farmers have started to found cooperatives
to sell their products properly and smooth prices.
Gradually they brought in financiers to manage these companies and they took over
By successive groupings these original cooperatives have become transformation tools for exporting and supplying hypermarkets.
At present, it is possible to sell its production alone, which may be profitable for the first ones who will be there, and for some productions (preferably organic).
This way of selling short circuit is also energy efficient, but only the inhabitants of the countryside and small towns can enjoy it.
The majority of consumers are in the city, it takes a lot of circuits to feed them, the hypers are perhaps not the best solution, then we must find others, but there will always be intermediaries who will raise price by their remuneration.
Part of the production is also exported, again an organization is needed.
Selling mass production on the spot is therefore strictly impossible.
In all cases it is the law of the market that decides. Last year we talked about eliminating fallows because agricultural products were insufficient, today we are in overproduction
world.
The consumer that we are is tightening his belt a bit, the crisis has passed by.
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 12/06/09, 14:49

perso, I buy a good conscience on that side, because I pay 90 cts the liter directly to the producer.
0 x
SixK
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by SixK » 12/06/09, 17:13

The store on the farm is not bad, farmers should go even further by grouping together in order to be able to create "the farm supermarket" where each farmer could come and sell their products ...
There are some shops like that which are starting to rise in addition to BIO stores in Brittany, but hey we are still far from the supermarket.
http://www.ouest-france.fr/2008/07/05/c ... 34309.html

SixK
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/06/09, 17:27

: Arrowu: Very good analysis and description of the situation jlt22It's sometimes worse than what you say, like in a cooperative near Bordeaux where they have voted a clause allowing them to buy other products than those of their members and sell them speculatively ...
: Evil: : Evil: : Evil:
It's been more than 30 years that cooperatives are at the boot of semanticians and input suppliers (Monsanto, Bayer ...) with the complicity of the farmers' union, corrupted to the bone. If this were not the case, France has long ago switched to organic farming instead of producing cereals unfit for human consumption ... for example.
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 12/06/09, 19:57

I agree on the margins on the margins, but I'm afraid that my home does not help much the breeders: we stopped the milk and dairy products (and we feel better since), to replace it with milks plants.

After that, direct selling is the best way for the agris and customers to do business, so it bothers.
0 x
Damn, but how did we get here?
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 12/06/09, 22:06

It's certain, CitrusFrance's leading agricultural producer imports organic food.
I know big farmers who are converted to organic, earn a very good living, and yet do not receive European subsidies.
The specifications are, it is true very restrictive and that puts off a lot of candidates.
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 12/06/09, 22:36

jlt22 wrote:It's certain, CitrusFrance's leading agricultural producer imports organic food.
I know big farmers who are converted to organic, earn a very good living, and yet do not receive European subsidies.
The specifications are, it is true very restrictive and that puts off a lot of candidates.

And I think there is a lot of indoctrination and fear of change!

On the market, with an organic farmer friend, we explained to a guy who was struggling to make a living with his apples that converting to organic would allow him to be less shit, not to be dependent on power plants, to do good margins ... Answer "but, I've always done that, if it was that good, everyone would do it ..." : Shock:
0 x
Damn, but how did we get here?