Political choices to create and maintain unemployment

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Political choices to create and maintain unemployment

by ABC2019 » 31/08/21, 17:57

sen-no-sen wrote:
And in the Copenhagen interpretation, chance plays a role, so if there was ever non-determinism, that would not guarantee our free will, however.

Free will is a concept to be dusted off and should be replaced by the notion of "degree of free will", in the same way as intelligence or consciousness.
To say that a rabbit is endowed with intelligence is one thing, but that does not tell us about its level of intelligence, hence the notion of degree.

To stay in the subject John Conway et Simon kochen we developed a fairly relevant free will theorem:
http://www.lifl.fr/~jdelahay/dnalor/LibreArbitre.pdf(For Science article).

"if we have free will, so do elementary particles" ... the simplest solution is that no one really has free will - which is not incompatible with the absence of determinism. A quantum measurement on a particle is not determined (in the sense that in most cases, one cannot prepare the system in a state where one is certain of the measurement), but that does not mean either that the particle "choose freely"!
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 31/08/21, 18:14

Yes thank you I read the article ... so what?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 31/08/21, 18:17

Janic wrote:Janic
No matter what words we use insofar as they cover the same concept,
Precisely no, no matter what, the word determinism, by its inevitability, locks the mind into fatalism by obliterating the potentials which in the absolute are always present, but the mind no longer sees them.
Or more precisely (another option) the human spirit, by culture, does not like this notion of inevitability because it is precisely opposed to its desire " to be there for something Which is only a manifestation, understandable, of the ego!
Somewhere the word determinism locks in the prison of impotence.

Or it frees on the contrary by noting that all his efforts to change the course of things are in vain
exmachin also expresses it in this sentence: "So we don't know if the world is deterministic or not, but if we don't want to kill ourselves right away because what would happen to us would be inevitable, we have to act 'as if' it wasn't. "
exactly, we are reduced to pretending!
The word "power" is only the counterpoint to this powerlessness.
When we understand that the GHGs released at the current rate will create nuisances worse than the current benefits, we find ourselves with the power to say: "we continue or we change paths."

Sure ! This leaves hope for humans who need it (me too) to avoid the depression that would lead to suicide for example, as with this covid. The question then remains: " am I making the right decision and according to what criteria "Ecologists", anxious to solve problems that they, humans, had initiated in agriculture, and therefore by their way of life, we reintroduce species from foreign countries with different conditions and this has given rise to ecological disasters which then complain the farmers, hunters, fishermen, ecologists themselves and the rest of the population. It is not enough to want to do something, but this must not turn against this initiative.
If we were not informed of the RCA, we would be in the most total determinism and therefore without the power of change.
But we will not change anything, or at the margin, that is to say almost nothing. Climate change due to human activity started with the industrial age which we all, the haves are happily enjoying, and before we seriously start to change things, this change will already be permanently installed (for our limited time of To be human)
No need to go into a spin on the links between ego and power.
Like what words do have an unconscious meaning (a power), given what the word "power" causes in you.
therefore not regardless of the choice of vocabulary.
The word power I take it by its root which is the ability to make or break, not just the pride of dominating, even if it is underlying the first!
https://www.cnrtl.fr/definition/pouvoir

As a result of my initial words, it all seems disproportionate to me, in words and in tone.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 31/08/21, 18:34

Following my initial words, all of this seems to me disproportionate, in purpose and in tone.
how old are you? grossomodo!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 31/08/21, 18:57

Janic wrote:
Following my initial words, all of this seems to me disproportionate, in purpose and in tone.

: Shock:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 31/08/21, 19:25

: Shock:
I understand so I suppose 20 years, 40 years, 60 years; 80 years old? With the experience and experience that only come with age, the approach to problems changes at the same time. For example, at 20 years of age, health is not a primordial aspect, but the social, leisure and pleasure: yes! But at 80 it became the opposite! 8)
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 31/08/21, 19:48

Your comments about ego, power, etc., even if they are correct, are irrelevant to the influence on the mind of the word "determinism".
In addition, I rarely respond to an aggressive tone, nor to injunctions on forum.
I prefer more measure in expression.
Does physical age have a relationship with knowing how to be?
Not necessarily.
1 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 31/08/21, 21:43

sen-no-sen wrote:... we developed a fairly relevant free will theorem:
http://www.lifl.fr/~jdelahay/dnalor/LibreArbitre.pdf(For Science article).

This reasoning seems to me entirely based on the conventional interpretation of Copenhagen, which I summarize by "circulate, there's nothing to do", namely that the collapse of the wave packet freezes the measurement at a value resulting from chance, that is to say philosophically that reality has a theoretical infinity of states when it is not measured.

In Everett's interpretation, measurement creates as many universes as states, and we only observe the single value of the one in which we are. These creations of the universe at each quantum event, it seems a little "heavy" to me, we are not in the economy of means, I do not really believe in it, but it is compatible with the QM.

In transactional interpretation (TIQM), the measurement is the result of a real effect of superimposing a real wave ahead in time with a lagging wave. The event is timeless.

Finally there is also the relational interpretation of Rovelli (RQM), kind of relativity for the QM, where the measurement depends on the observer.

Let's come back to your text:
"Conway and Kochen, proves that if experimenters A and B have free will to carry out their measurements, then the two twin particles have it too. Their reasoning shows that if A and B freely choose [] then it is the same for the particles a and b whose it is impossible that the responses they give to measurements are entirely determined by the state of the Universe before the moment of measurement."

But here we always reason with a linear time which passes, but the state of the Universe after the moment of measurement may also have to be taken into account at the time of measurement.
In Wheeler's delayed choice experiments, we modify the conditions on the path of a photon after that it is there, and yet they influence the result of the measurement. This opens the door to retro-causation, and TIQM integrates it quite well.
Amha before speaking of free will, it will be necessary to wait for enormous progress of the QM.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/09/21, 08:54

humus
Your comments about ego, power, etc., even if they are correct, are irrelevant to the influence on the mind of the word "determinism".
In addition, I rarely respond to an aggressive tone, nor to injunctions on forum.
I prefer more measure in expression.
Does physical age have a relationship with knowing how to be?
Not necessarily.

a) I'm not aggressive, but straightforward, no frills.
b) it is not an injunction, but 'a question and you answered it
c) age is not the only criterion otherwise all the young people would be mad and all the old wise men which is far from being the case, but the experience and especially the lived count for a lot, like the example given.
Moreover we see it with the current president, too "young" in politics and who made bad decisions that a more experienced would not have made. As for those on this covid even assuming good intentions.
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 01/09/21, 09:26

Janic wrote:a) I'm not aggressive, but straightforward, no frills.
b) it is not an injunction, but 'a question and you answered it
c) age is not the only criterion otherwise all the young people would be mad and all the old wise men which is far from being the case, but the experience and especially the lived count for a lot, like the example given.
Moreover we see it with the current president, too "young" in politics and who made bad decisions that a more experienced would not have made. As for those on this covid even assuming good intentions.

Big bold fonts + exclamation mark all the time, I find that aggressive.
or to underline a remarkable fact (“This animal is really gigantic!”), the surprise, exasperation or admiration

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_d%27exclamation

I did not answer the age.
0 x