Political choices to create and maintain unemployment

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Political choices

by sen-no-sen » 26/08/21, 12:34

humus wrote:I do not see much difference there indeed. "The step by step action according to a principle of causality" to which the human can change something, or not?

Fatalism consists in considering that "everything is written somewhere", which would amount to conceiving of life as a film.
Determinism does not mean that to the extent that understanding the mechanisms at work makes it possible to envisage bifurcations, themselves subject to determinisms.
Each determinism must therefore be considered within a given system: e.g. moving cars induces an accident risk. However, understanding how accidents occur allows their frequencies and severity to be reduced, so there is no no inevitability.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Political choices to create and maintain unemployment

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/08/21, 13:03

How then to name the "fatal" accident which will come anyway, among others, for one reason or another despite all the efforts made to prevent and reduce their frequency?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 26/08/21, 13:25

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:How then to name the "fatal" accident which will come anyway, among others, for one reason or another despite all the efforts made to prevent and reduce their frequency?

There is no such thing as a "fatal" accident, to take the example of the automobile: if you remove all the cars on the planet, by definition there can no longer be a car accident ... on the other hand this will be fatal for the auto sector! : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/08/21, 13:34

sen-no-sen wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:How then to name the "fatal" accident which will come anyway, among others, for one reason or another despite all the efforts made to prevent and reduce their frequency?

There is no such thing as a "fatal" accident, to take the example of the automobile: if you remove all the cars on the planet, by definition there can no longer be a car accident ... on the other hand this will be fatal for the auto sector! : Mrgreen:

I would have liked something other than "more car, more car accidents", but hey if we are on "no arms, no chocolate" ... that suits me too, but moderately. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/08/21, 17:57

humus wrote:Something like: "The place of political choice in the face of what seems to be fatality" but basically it is not very serious if it remains as it is, we are not close to a few digressions! : Lol:

I can't put a title that I don't understand! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/08/21, 18:02

Christophe wrote:
humus wrote:Something like: "The place of political choice in the face of what seems to be fatality" but basically it is not very serious if it remains as it is, we are not close to a few digressions! : Lol:

I can't put a title that I don't understand! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Even with fat? (I go out)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/08/21, 10:17

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Even with fat? (I go out)

Yes go hide you ugly ugly!
0 x
humus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by humus » 30/08/21, 09:33

Another political choice that locks us in a lot: the currency.
We will learn from this anthropologist that money was created not to replace barter / credit but to pay armies.
Because who wants to give credit to a soldier who moves a lot, is armed and loots?

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/08/21, 12:01

It's not easy to follow something expressed simultaneously in English and French ...
D.Graber is certainly right on the point of the seniority of the debt: any society is necessarily based on it, by definition, since its members depend on each other ... As for barter, it does not pose the problems that one supposes, in retrospect, to have been resolved by money: it suffices to make the debt perpetual / universal and the equivalence of the things or services exchanged no longer arises.
According to some, it would be the growing cost of armament, due to the appearance of firearms which would be at the origin, not of the creation of money, but of the generalization of its use => need of states in cash.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 30/08/21, 13:38

sen-no-sen »26 / 08 / 21, 12: 34
Fatalism consists in considering that "everything is written somewhere", which would amount to conceiving of life as a film.
Determinism does not mean this insofar as the understanding of the mechanisms at work makes it possible to envisage bifurcations,themselves subject to determinisms.
Each determinism must therefore be considered within a given system: e.g. moving cars induces an accident risk. However, understanding how accidents occur allows their frequencies and severity to be reduced, so there is no no inevitability.

Particular vision of determinism!
This is not an exact science because there are too many unknown parameters, which does not allow or support the fact of an absolute determinism, any more than of a relative determinism.
We then find ourselves only on the philosophical level, therefore in the most absolute subjectivity.
Either things are written in advance and we just accomplish them like bees are conditioned to forage and make honey.
Either, we believe that the world, the universe depends on our decisions and unfortunately we perceive the effects!
To take the example of the automobile, we can put IS on anything and everything; was it necessary for human evolution or simply to learn lessons that when we go off the rails, it can turn into a disaster!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré