Operation of VAT and taxes

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/01/11, 19:10

Uh ... Are you thinking about VAT?
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 07/01/11, 19:11

Yes
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/01/11, 19:14

Yes ok but the "fable" speaks well income tax...

: Idea: : Idea:

In fact the VAT on the binouze; is it reduced or not? Well yes what: it is a product of 1st need for some !! : Mrgreen:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 07/01/11, 19:16

the fable can be, but not what is written below in red
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

Christophe

by Christophe » 07/01/11, 19:20

Rooooh the quibbler !!! : Cheesy: But you are right. I did well to put in small ...

It is especially true that the conclusion speaks of "TAX", the tax is not a tax ... Okay I withdraw: another smoky mailing !! : Mrgreen:

No kidding; it would be enough to replace TAX by tax ... and that would be correct.

I am wrong?
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 07/01/11, 19:24

in principle no, but insofar as the word "beer" seems to imply everything that does not provide the state to the country, I would say yes all the same, but this is only my opinion in this case. : Cheesy:

Christophe wrote:In fact the VAT on the binouze; is it reduced or not? Well yes what: it is a product of 1st need for some !! : Mrgreen:

19.6 in France like all alcohol it seems to me
0 x

jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 07/01/11, 20:04

Funny story.

I have just discovered a title concerning the VAT:

BY JEAN-MARC VITTORI
VAT, a tax for the future

This is a fashionable tax! Since yesterday, the English have been paying more VAT than the French. The government of David Cameron raised its rate from 17,5% to 20%, against 19,6% in France. Just yesterday, Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan spoke of an increase in the value added tax, which is currently 5%. Saturday, Portugal, Slovakia and Latvia increased their rates. Last year, Greece, Romania, Spain, Iceland did the same. Lithuania too, as early as 2008. And Ireland has announced an increase in two years.
This epidemic has an obvious explanation: money must be brought into the coffers to fill the fiscal gaps created by the financial crisis. VAT is an easy tax to raise that pays big. The British Chancellor justified his choice by explaining that it is "the least harmful tax hike". Especially since the harshness of the times limits the inflationary ardors of the traders, who could pass on only part of the rise in their prices.
There is however an anomaly in this VAT epidemic: it stopped at the borders of France, like a vulgar cloud of Chernobyl. The state coffers are, there too, empty. But it is true that the mere fact of raising a VAT increase can be expensive in elections. The Japanese Prime Minister reportedly lost his majority in the Senate last year. And the UMP would have left about twenty seats in the legislative elections of 2007. This is why the increase will probably not cross the borders before the second half of 2012. After, it will be a tempting choice. Especially since it is underdeveloped here. It constitutes less than 17% of tax and social charges against 20% on average in developed countries. Thirteen countries in the European Union have a higher VAT rate than in France, while only one (Denmark) will have heavier public spending this year. And VAT is full of holes here. According to OECD calculations, it reports only half of what it would produce if all consumption were taxed at the normal rate, one of the highest evaporation rates among wealthy countries. We should therefore not escape a VAT hike. This, however, presupposes that progressive taxes are also raised, for reasons of social justice. And that the increases practiced elsewhere do not lead to a disaster.

Source:
[Url] http://www.lesechos.fr/opinions/edito/0201048228317.htm?xtor=EPR-1056- [bourse_soir] -20110107 [/ url]

We have a year off, then we will surely hear about it.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/11, 10:29

delnoram wrote:in principle no, but insofar as the word "beer" seems to imply everything that does not provide the state to the country, I would say yes all the same, but this is only my opinion in this case. : Cheesy:

Uh can you repeat the answer? : Mrgreen:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 08/01/11, 12:20

Christophe wrote:
I am wrong?

delnoram wrote:in principle no, but insofar as the word "beer" seems to imply everything that does not provide the state in the country, I would say yes anyway.

There it's done : Mrgreen:
0 x

Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/11, 14:43

No better ...

I always have a hard time understanding this part (it's not the aperitif time though):

everything that does not provide the state to the country

: Idea:
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"