Operation of VAT and taxes

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 21/10/10, 15:03

chatelot16 wrote:I will find it easier to add 16.39% tax to all income than to charge 19.6% VAT to all expenses

Above all, it would be fairer because it would depend on your salary.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/10/10, 15:12

that's why I find it unfortunate that the income tax has become derisory: while it is the one that could be the fairest
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/10, 15:17

chatelot16 wrote:I will find it easier to add 16.39% tax to all income than to charge 19.6% VAT to all expenses

Well I think on the contrary that it would be even more unfair ... and all that is won is not necessarily spent and not necessarily spent on a product subject to VAT. For example a bank investment. There are taxes and charges on interest but there is no VAT on interest or capital (fortunately).

Currently most people pay a lot more VAT than tax over a year ... but if you consume reasonably you will pay less ...

In fact the VAT is almost an ecological tax: the more you consume, therefore you pollute, the more you pay. Yes for food, basic, a rate of 0% would be more "fair" ...

The VAT could very well be called TSC = Taxe sur la Consommation.

VAT is a good system I think. When was it invented?

For Chinese stuff there are customs and import taxes which are supposed to compensate for the VAT. The importing company will pay VAT on its margin, the reseller too, if the reseller is the importer then there will only be VAT once. So a Chinese thing is taxed at least twice: customs and VAT.

The more intermediaries and / or the more margins, the more VAT.
Weren't you talking about a so-called 95% profit on Chinese products? I already answered you that it was a nice rubbish (with rare exceptions) ...

Even when you send a parcel to the French overseas departments and territories (therefore from France to France!) There is a customs tax called sea grant ... surely something that dates from the colonial period ...

chatelot16 wrote:that's why I find it unfortunate that the income tax has become derisory: while it is the one that could be the fairest

If you find yours so derisory, several people of this forum would be glad that you settle theirs ... : Mrgreen:

oliburn wrote:all in Bolivia guys, retirement goes from 65 to 58 years ... : Shock:

And of "how many times" at 66 in the United Kingdom ... I don't know pkoi but I am convinced that it will yell less than in France ...
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 10 / 10, 15: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/10/10, 15:23

christophe ton message Posted on: Thu 21 Oct 2010, 14:29 is very useful!

the drop in vat of catering suggests that restaurants! its crooks if it does not lower the catch by 14%! you showed that it was all wrong! the decrease caused by this change in VAT is much smaller

and the time lost doing paperwork remains the same!

another example: the drop in VAT on building works: it only benefits those who are rich enough to hire a craftsman! those who are condemned to tinker pay full price! anti progressive tax: richest people pay the lowest rate
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/10/10, 15:33

Christophe wrote:

Well that would be even more unfair ... and all that is won is not necessarily spent and not necessarily spent on a product subject to VAT. For example, a bank investment if there are taxes on the profits, there is no VAT on the capital (fortunately).

Currently most people pay a lot more VAT than tax over a year ... but if you consume reasonably you will pay less ...

I do the opposite reason: he who has a low income spends everything: therefore pays VAT on all his income

whoever earns much more can do something other than consume ... so escape it ... vat is therefore an anti progressive tax

of course with a different vat depending on the good or bad character of each product, whoever buys the good would save
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/10, 15:37

chatelot16 wrote:christophe ton message Posted on: Thu 21 Oct 2010, 14:29 is very useful!

the drop in vat of catering suggests that restaurants! its crooks if it does not lower the catch by 14%! you showed that it was all wrong! the decrease caused by this change in VAT is much smaller

Thank you.

People should generally take less of the "we say" and take a few moments to lead this kind of reflection, even if he has the desire and the skills ...

But, to return to the subject of current strikes, it's so much easier to do the parrot and forget to think. I believe strikes are exactly the same: we trust the propaganda (sometimes deliberately misleading) of some unions.

Nobody checks the information we give them to swallow and especially not the high school students ...

FR2 reported on the news a few days ago which showed that most people's beliefs about this reform were false (they systematically worsened the cases).

chatelot16 wrote:another example: the drop in VAT on building works: it only benefits those who are rich enough to hire a craftsman! those who are condemned to tinker pay full price! anti progressive tax: richest people pay the lowest rate

Yes but it was also supposed to, allow to engage and create boxes; so wealth and growth ... and I think it worked, much more than with restaurant VAT ...

And there are certain jobs that a handyman cannot do without going through a box, for example heavy earthwork ...
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 10 / 10, 15: 46, 1 edited once.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/10/10, 15:42

Christophe wrote:The more intermediaries and / or the more margins, the more VAT. Weren't you talking about a so-called 95% profit on Chinese products? I already answered you that it was a nice rubbish (with rare exceptions) ...

no certainly not: I say rather the opposite: Chinese products arrive in supermarkets with very little cost: as there is nothing to do, a small margin is enough to earn money

conversely if we want to manufacture the same thing in France, we never stop doing paperwork and paying to all floors!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 21/10/10, 15:46

sherkanner wrote:

Above all, it would be fairer because it would depend on your salary.

But we would have to pay even more than today because, today, tourists pay VAT (at the restaurant for example : Cheesy: ) while on income, only the locals pay ...

Besides that, the VAT also depends on the salary: the richer you are, the more you spend, the more you pay VAT.
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/10, 15:54

Completely Indy49.

chatelot16 wrote:conversely if we want to manufacture the same thing in France, we never stop doing paperwork and paying to all floors!

Of course, but there is no connection between the VAT collected and the country of origin.
VAT IS A TAX ON THE TRADING MARGIN of the merchant, that's all. It is the merchant, via his margin, who defines the height of the VAT he will collect FOR the State. Merchants subject to VAT are tax collectors. The higher the margin, the higher the VAT collected ...

Here is a subsidiary question: if you sell at a loss, do you have a VAT credit? :)

Okay, I'm going to split this subject because we're talking about taxes more than pensions and demonstrations ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 21/10/10, 16:14

it is true that the VAT collected by the state does not depend on the country of origin: but the time lost in paperwork depends directly on the choice of manufacturing or repairing in France, with a large number of small invoices, rather than buy something new abroad
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"